Video shakes excessivly when flying
1682 9 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rebelcommander
lvl.1
United States

I'm having an issue where the camera on my Air 2S will intermittently shake when flying or hovering.  In a given flying session some of the time it will be stable, but around half of the time it shakes.  (Eg I made several passes over the tracks below and only one of the 3 runs had shaking like in the video).   In the example video below you can see the camera shake horizontally as I fly forward.  This video was shot on a calm day so I don't think this is an issue with wind.

Does this look like an issue with the drone?  I've only had it for about a month so I don't have a lot of experience, but I'm pretty sure it was a lot more stable before now; that leads me to believe something is going on with the drone.

2022-6-24
Use props
Yaros1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Have you calibrated the gimbal through the app?
It doesn't seem normal, maybe it's an issue with the gimbal.
2022-6-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did it only occur at that location? Or have you experienced it elsewhere?  It could just be signal interference perhaps.
2022-6-24
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had that same issue with my Mini 2 but after I calibrated the gimbal and IMU it worked perfectly.
2022-6-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to perform the IMU and Gimbal calibration and check if the issue persists? In addition, could you please confirm if the unit experience a hard landing before? Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-6-24
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Seems like a gimbal problem. Make sure you perform a gimbal calibration and check if the problem still persists.
2022-6-25
Use props
wa.jesse07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4686545 ft
United States

Those power lines may have something to do because they have magnetic fields. Brushless motors use magnets so I'd say that it is the power lines.
2022-6-25
Use props
rebelcommander
lvl.1
United States

Hi, thanks for the replies.
1. I'm not sure that the power lines are the issue, the shaking has happened in several different locations
2. Yes, it's had a few bumps and a somewhat hard landing.
3. I did a gimbal and IMU calibration and was able to do a short test flight, I didn't see any shaking during that flight.

Given that the issue is occurring intermittently I'm going to need to do a few more longer flights to be sure that the calibration resolved the issue.  If it comes back I'm guessing the issue is damage to the gimbal and I'll need get it repaired.

Thanks for the help!
2022-6-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not sure what is causing but the hard landing might be the cause.
Did you change props?
2022-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

PS, killer view with the railroad!
2022-6-28
Use props
Advanced