2157 5 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wingseast
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108114 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my Phantom V3 and even before flying it, I messed up the USB port at the bottom of my controller. I opened it up and looked, there's something scribed on the piece that says "USB interface V2" and "HH 1433". I spent 2 days trying to find and order this part. No reply from the HongKong dealer I bought it from, Helipal, nothing from the HQ support line. Finally, I found a dealer in US that had USB interface part and I ordered it, they shipped it and of course, it was not the part I needed. It must be for an older model. The piece that plugs onto the board is tiny compared to the std. plug on the part I got. I decided to take a risk and soldered the plug wires to the port end of the oardered part, exactly the same order and arrangement. There's a color code difference in that old is Red, Yellow, Orange, Brown, and the new part is Red Orange, orange, brown. Well I connected it and nope, the charge lights did NOT go on. So I'm back to square 1. I still have 3 green LEDs on. Wrote to DJI again and waiting for a response.  Any suggestions?

Old damaged part, and new part received

Old damaged part, and new part received
2014-12-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

On the bottom of your Phantom is a model number.  Copy that and send the dealer another email and mention the model number when you contact them about this wrong part.
2014-12-1
Use props
wingseast
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I just did and sent it with pics and the Serial# to Helipal. I'm not optimistic as their customer service leaves much to be desired.
Thanks Gerry.

parts difference.

parts difference.
2014-12-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

wingseast@aol.c Posted at 2014-12-2 06:10
I just did and sent it with pics and the Serial# to Helipal. I'm not optimistic as their customer se ...

You have the phantom V2 or the phantom vision plus.  The V3 has a small wheel at the top left corner, you do not have that and I cannot see the front of the transmitter to see if there are 4 lights to the right of the on/off switch.  What was the model number?  The phantom 2 has PV 330 and Phantom 2 vision plus has PV 331.
2014-12-1
Use props
wingseast
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Gerry, maybe it's just the pic. I DO have the wheel on the top left corner for camera tilt, and also have the 4 lights to the right of the switch.
I just researched the wiring of USB plugs and brown is common and red is +. I disconnected the 2 middle wires (supposedly data+ & -, and it's till not charging.  Here's the latest reply fromDJI:

M. L. (DJI Technology)
Dec 01 15:00
Hello Ray,
Unfortunately we do not sell this part on our online store. I would suggest you reach out to a different dealer for this part, I will provide a link to our dealers page where you can inquire about this part.
http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vision-plus/dealer
DJI Technical Support Team
DJI Customer Service North America

...I guess I'll have to spring for a new controller for $99! Ugh! Wait, the other thing is to just clip wires directly to the internal battery's + & -
and circumvent the board, then plug it to a USB charger? Then see if I get a charge...I've gone this far so what the heck!
2014-12-1
Use props
wingseast
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

My bro, an electronics engineer, jut told me that USB circuits have a safety feature that reverses polarity or cuts off charging power when the capacity is full or near full. then, it opens up the circuit again when capacity falls below 20%. Maybe that's what's happening as I still have 3 LEDs on so battery is probably at .75 !! ...??? ;-)
2014-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules