DJI RS3 with Raven Eye Active Track Not working
9926 25 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mk.223
lvl.1

United States

Hello all,

I Just got my DJI RS3 and Raven eye. Using it with a A7 IV with a 24-70mm lens.

I have the HDMI plugged in and the USB C from the raven eye to the gimbal. When using active track on the phone it seems the gimbal will track up and down but NOT left and right? I am using active track in "landscape" mode and all of the FW is updated.

Is this some kind of software bug? Or am I doing something wrong in configuration? thanks!
2022-6-24
Use props
djiuser_IoyLtDXpvFwX
lvl.1
United States

I am same issue on rs3 pro do we need firmware update?
2022-7-14
Use props
Ramsey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117231 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

hey there, i am contemplating between the rs3 and rs3 pro. could you kindly confirm if active track can im fact not be enabled from the oled screen of the rs3? thanks!!!
2022-7-16
Use props
Mk.223
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_IoyLtDXpvFwX Posted at 7-14 18:11
I am same issue on rs3 pro do we need firmware update?

So I fixed my issue,

in the DJI app connected to the ronin go to the FW page. and HOLD down on the word "firmware" for like 10-15 seconds. this opens a menu that lets you re-flash FW or "downgrade". I did this and it fixed my problem. It looks like DJI shipped these RS3 units with FW that wasn't working with raven eye.
2022-7-17
Use props
Mk.223
lvl.1

United States

Ramsey Posted at 7-16 19:14
hey there, i am contemplating between the rs3 and rs3 pro. could you kindly confirm if active track can im fact not be enabled from the oled screen of the rs3? thanks!!!

on the RS3 (non pro) I do not see away to start active track from the oled screen like the RS2. Sad but it is what it is.
2022-7-17
Use props
Ramsey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 117231 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Mk.223 Posted at 7-17 16:24
on the RS3 (non pro) I do not see away to start active track from the oled screen like the RS2. Sad but it is what it is.

Thanks for confirming!

Not sure why that is left out from the RS3 as it does not sound like a technical limitation. Hoping that DJI adds this in a future firmware update but wondering if this is a deliberate omission
2022-7-17
Use props
mr. marco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3038 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi I have an RS3 and active track is not wokring with the Canon EOS R6. I have connected everything correctely. The green box is showing up, but the gimbal is not following. Virtual Joystick and Force Mobile works.
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_gqzhXCoz6nS8
lvl.1

Canada

Having the same issue. I see the green brackets but no gimbal movement
2022-8-31
Use props
fansbae89ed0
lvl.1
United States

Mk.223 Posted at 7-17 16:24
So I fixed my issue,

in the DJI app connected to the ronin go to the FW page. and HOLD down on the word "firmware" for like 10-15 seconds. this opens a menu that lets you re-flash FW or "downgrade". I did this and it fixed my problem. It looks like DJI shipped these RS3 units with FW that wasn't working with raven eye.

The FW button on the gimbal or in the Ronin app. I tried both with no success. Not sure if I am hitting the right firmware word.
2022-9-15
Use props
chrisb123
lvl.2
Australia

I also have a problem with raven eye not following what it is tracking. It seems to work for tilt but not pan. All other movement from raven eye works, joystick and force mobile.
I also noticed that the portrait follow option keeps getting switched on and i can not turn it off
I tried the downgrade option to version v01.02.00.20 that made no diffrenceIt seems to track if you have some joystick input it will move near the edge and then track the object if i dont add joystick input it will just pan off camera and not track
2022-9-25
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

chrisb123 Posted at 9-25 17:45
I also have a problem with raven eye not following what it is tracking. It seems to work for tilt but not pan. All other movement from raven eye works, joystick and force mobile.
I also noticed that the portrait follow option keeps getting switched on and i can not turn it off
I tried the downgrade option to version v01.02.00.20 that made no diffrenceIt seems to track if you have some joystick input it will move near the edge and then track the object if i dont add joystick input it will just pan off camera and not track

Had a similar problem where the active tracking on the RS3 Pro was always losing the subject and generally acting weird. Re-installed the Ronin app, reset the gimbal parameters, downgraded and then updated the firmware on both the RS3 and RavenEye - nothing helped, it was really frustrating.
Then I checked the active track settings on the gimbal's touch screen (not for the first time!), and found that 'portrait mode follow' (or whatever it's called) was enabled! Disabled it and now it's working as it should. I'm absolutely sure I had checked that portrait mode follow was not enabled a few times before, so maybe that's a software problem. Hope this helps!
Edit: just wanted to add that re-installing the Ronin app was actually the LAST step I did before solving the problem. You may want to try that.
2022-9-27
Use props
christian.tesa
lvl.1
Italy

chrisb123 Posted at 9-25 17:45
I also noticed that the portrait follow option keeps getting switched on and i can not turn it off

Same for me. I'm using an RS3 (not Pro version) with Raveneye and it works fine, but AutoTrack is not working. I tried with all firmware versions but without results.
When i select my subject, the green box shows up but gimbal can't move. If i use virtual joystick or force mobile it moves but completely random
2022-10-3
Use props
fans6327a52d
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

christian.tesa Posted at 10-3 04:08
Same for me. I'm using an RS3 (not Pro version) with Raveneye and it works fine, but AutoTrack is not working. I tried with all firmware versions but without results.
When i select my subject, the green box shows up but gimbal can't move. If i use virtual joystick or force mobile it moves but completely random

Were you able to get this to work?  I bought a A74 and active track is not working with my RS3 and Raveneye.  
2022-10-20
Use props
chrisb123
lvl.2
Australia

fans6327a52d Posted at 10-20 18:54
Were you able to get this to work?  I bought a A74 and active track is not working with my RS3 and Raveneye.

I found that I could not turn off portrait mode, I would click it off and a few seconds later it would just turn back on again
I reset the gimbal configuration to get it working.
However today I decided to use it again and I have the same problem
2022-10-27
Use props
djiuser_Otu8QfLnoAzn
New

Germany

I cant believe that its 31-10 already and DJI is not even responding on this thread by now. I spent over 1000 euro’s on a gymbal system and can’t seem to get this hyped feature to work with my A7S3. Absolutely shameful…
2022-10-31
Use props
chrisb123
lvl.2
Australia

Raven eye is still broken, and still no reply from DJI
2022-11-22
Use props
djiuser_IgFQpdkZ7Abw
New

United States

mr. marco Posted at 8-11 01:57
Hi I have an RS3 and active track is not wokring with the Canon EOS R6. I have connected everything correctely. The green box is showing up, but the gimbal is not following. Virtual Joystick and Force Mobile works.

I have the same set up. I was able to get active track to work by slowing down the follow speed between 4 -10. Here are my connections. Worked the best when the gimbal was stationary.
2022-11-24
Use props
giangndt
New

Vietnam

I also use DJI RS3 and Raven eye. Using it with a A7 III and not using active track on the phone . i usde FW gimbal 01.00.00.00
2022-12-20
Use props
fans6392464e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152093 ft
United States

Same issue with me.  Everything works except the active track.  It's strange though because it worked the day I initially hooked it up.   Now it doesn't.  Going to install new Beta Firmware and see what happens.   DJI response would be awesome.
2023-4-6
Use props
ASMR Drive
New

South Korea

oberschneider.com Posted at 2022-9-27 20:08
Had a similar problem where the active tracking on the RS3 Pro was always losing the subject and generally acting weird. Re-installed the Ronin app, reset the gimbal parameters, downgraded and then updated the firmware on both the RS3 and RavenEye - nothing helped, it was really frustrating.
Then I checked the active track settings on the gimbal's touch screen (not for the first time!), and found that 'portrait mode follow' (or whatever it's called) was enabled! Disabled it and now it's working as it should. I'm absolutely sure I had checked that portrait mode follow was not enabled a few times before, so maybe that's a software problem. Hope this helps!
Edit: just wanted to add that re-installing the Ronin app was actually the LAST step I did before solving the problem. You may want to try that.

I've checked that it's working normally after proceeding with the method suggested! Thank you.
2023-5-31
Use props
ASMR Drive
New

South Korea

oberschneider.com Posted at 2022-9-27 20:08
Had a similar problem where the active tracking on the RS3 Pro was always losing the subject and generally acting weird. Re-installed the Ronin app, reset the gimbal parameters, downgraded and then updated the firmware on both the RS3 and RavenEye - nothing helped, it was really frustrating.
Then I checked the active track settings on the gimbal's touch screen (not for the first time!), and found that 'portrait mode follow' (or whatever it's called) was enabled! Disabled it and now it's working as it should. I'm absolutely sure I had checked that portrait mode follow was not enabled a few times before, so maybe that's a software problem. Hope this helps!

I've checked that it's working normally after proceeding with the method suggested! Thank you.
2023-5-31
Use props
oberschneider.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4730358 ft
  • >>>
Austria

ASMR Drive Posted at 5-31 18:46

Great to hear!
2023-6-1
Use props
eyefull
lvl.1

United States

on the gimbal slide the menu toward the right and you will see the active track and 3 bars for settings. Click the settings and disable portrait follow and keep tilt follow active. This worked for me and I hope it helps you.
2023-10-11
Use props
djiuser_AgcWgsGQOOEv
New
France

Good morning,
Is it possible to fsire work the raveneye with the sony a7c and the rs3 pro?

Do you have a tutorial to offer me?
2023-11-28
Use props
djiuser_uLvxUGrlGDtA
New

United States

Hey All! I came to this forum, I hope this helps. I had similar issues, I tried the FW update route, I ended up having to charge my raven while working at this problem since it died and this fixed it lol. Try connecting the back Type C to the type c input the has the Wifi Icon on the Gimbal. The raven type c thats by itself is the one im referring to. You need to have two type C cables going from the gimbal to the raven. the back one to the Wifi Icon Type C Input on the gimbal, and The RSS input to the RSS input on both Gimbal and Raveneye. Comment if this helps. I did this and it worked instantly !
2-1 12:06
Use props
djiuser_uLvxUGrlGDtA
New

United States

Hey All! I came to this forum, I hope this helps. I had similar issues, I tried the FW update route, I ended up having to charge my raven while working at this problem since it died and this fixed it lol. Try connecting the back Type C to the type c input the has the Wifi Icon on the Gimbal. The raven type c thats by itself is the one im referring to. You need to have two type C cables going from the gimbal to the raven. the back one to the Wifi Icon Type C Input on the gimbal, and The RSS input to the RSS input on both Gimbal and Raveneye. Comment if this helps. I did this and it worked instantly !
2-1 12:06
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules