749 17 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I both my Mini 3 with N1 controller as this was the only option last month here - yesterday my RC came and I rush to try it - Now I see why it's 4 times cheaper than RC Pro I use on Mavic 3 :
- First I can not upgrade the Fly app as it gives me an error message No enough storage???
- Nothing but Fly app???
- Screen is a lot dimmer than RC Pros - I try it on a sunny mountain with no shade whatsoever
+ It's very comfortable and Light!
+ Signal strength is the same as N1's (problem is in the Mini )

Overall I am happy as now the whole setup is a lot lighter and more compact!
2022-6-24
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

The RC is definitely not as good as the RC Pro but with regards to not being able to update the fly app from what I heard the fly app upgrades to the latest version automatically when you install a new firmware.
2022-6-24
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 6-24 22:22
The RC is definitely not as good as the RC Pro but with regards to not being able to update the fly app from what I heard the fly app upgrades to the latest version automatically when you install a new firmware.

Yes - that's what I did but instead of few megabyte I push my mobile plan on the field with Gigabytes and it took a lot more time
2022-6-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I was upset when i initially saw that a Mini drone was coming out with a screen RC and the Mavic 3 came with the cheap RC N1 but after getting the Mini 3 Pro, its RC would not be fit for the Mavic 3. The RC Pro is of a nice standard and feels very solid, for the Mavic 3 price point it should have been offered as a bundle at a cheaper rate and not only with the Cine.
2022-6-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have to add that It's very comfortable and Light makes it a delight to walk many miles with.  
2022-6-25
Use props
Meuhbat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

You can update the RC firmware using a PC with "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)", you won't have the storage issue.
2022-6-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

No match when trying to compare RC to RC Pro.  First thing I noticed also was the 300 NIT difference and the cheaper quality build.  You are right about it being lighter and easier to tote around.  I'm hoping that eventually DJI will make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3P and I'll gladly tote it on trips out with the Mini.  
2022-6-25
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-25 06:42
No match when trying to compare RC to RC Pro.  First thing I noticed also was the 300 NIT difference and the cheaper quality build.  You are right about it being lighter and easier to tote around.  I'm hoping that eventually DJI will make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3P and I'll gladly tote it on trips out with the Mini.

Using the  RC Pro with the Mi3P is kinda stupid. It totally defeats the purpose of of a light weight drone people can travel with with minimal bulk. If you don't mind the weight of a RC Pro, then the weight of a Mavic 3 should not bother you.
2022-6-25
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Wiz33 Posted at 6-25 07:55
Using the  RC Pro with the Mi3P is kinda stupid. It totally defeats the purpose of of a light weight drone people can travel with with minimal bulk. If you don't mind the weight of a RC Pro, then the weight of a Mavic 3 should not bother you.

That's true for N1 controller  + Phone  but RC Pro is the same volume as RC and a few grams are no problem
2022-6-25
Use props
Wiz33
lvl.4
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 6-25 08:39
That's true for N1 controller  + Phone  but RC Pro is the same volume as RC and a few grams are no problem

680gram vs 385 is not just a few grams.
2022-6-25
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the DJI RC Pro with the Air 2S now.  So that's why it would be nice to have it compatible with the Min i 3 Pro in the future.  That way I only have to take one controller to fly both drones.  As it is now I have to carry 2 drones and 2 controllers.  Besides the RC Pro is better built, longer lasting battery, 300 more NITS, HDMI out, can add Apps to it (UAV forecast for example)  just to name a few reasons why I'd carry the RC Pro over the RC.

So for these reasons I don't feel it is STUPID.  

2022-6-25
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

should be compatible but yeah i don't see a mini 3 pro package which contains drone + rc pro.  this price alone is starting to get really high.  for me, the mini drone has to be fast (using my phone with n1 is not fast) and portable (rc pro/sc is not lightweight) so i think dji got it right with the rc screen.
2022-6-25
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I dont feel that using the N1 + Phone is really slow to start up, heck, setting up the mini 2 compared to my P4P is a breeze lol
Granted, i can see why the DJI RC is faster, but to be fair, it doesn't really take a long time to add the phone or remove it when finished
Thats not to say that i wont buy the DJI RC, i would be foolish not to considering its only about £150, so whats that £50 more than the N1?
2022-6-25
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

For those that have the Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC they know that it is significantly less faff to get flying than using the N1. I have both and can give good advice. The DJI Rc is not as good because of video transfer etc but not a real problem. The brightness on the DJI RC is also very good
2022-6-25
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196811 ft
Latvia

so your Mini 3 Pro is having signal issues? I just returned mine for "fixing". I have the RC remote. Thought the issue was on the remote from what people was saying on the Facebook group. There people wasn't complaining about the RC-N1 signal as far as I saw it, on the RC
2022-6-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

alex_markov Posted at 6-24 22:24
Yes - that's what I did but instead of few megabyte I push my mobile plan on the field with Gigabytes  and it took a lot more time

You should always do updates where you have good WiFi and a controlled environment like at home
2022-6-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6 Posted at 6-28 20:25
so your Mini 3 Pro is having signal issues? I just returned mine for "fixing". I have the RC remote. Thought the issue was on the remote from what people was saying on the Facebook group. There people wasn't complaining about the RC-N1 signal as far as I saw it, on the RC

The issues are not with the RC controller
2022-6-28
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196811 ft
Latvia

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-28 21:13
The issues are not with the RC controller

Hopefully they exchange or fix my drone then. Just send it back, and it arrived yesterday in their center in Germany according to the post tracking. On their case progress page still shows as not received.  Let’s see how it goes.
2022-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules