RC screen blackout and restart problem Footage
3935 11 2022-6-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blue Galaxy
lvl.1
Australia

Are there anyone having RC screen blacktout problem?

During flight Today, my DJI RC Remote Controller (Firmware v01.00.0300) got black screen for a few seconds (3-10 seconds) without any messages on the screen and then self-restarted. It happened four times this morning.
DJI technical support advised there is no way to fetch a system log from RC and investigate them remotely while there seems a kind of flight logs I can download as per screenshot below. They just asked me to reset the unit to see the problem persistent and send the unit to their engineering team if I want to have further investigation. During their phyiscal investigation, I cannot fly mini 3 as they do not offer any replacement.

Please watch the screen blackout record and share your thoughts or experience. I don't know why I cannot embed Youtube video here but here is the link instead.
Hope DJI watches this footage and provides their feedback.

https://youtu.be/j1vM9cZ0WfQ

IMG_4699.jpg
2022-6-24
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would try to reset the RC and using DJI Assistant 2 update or refresh the firmware on both the RC and drone and then give it a test flight.  If the RC continues with the same issue then unfortunately, will be time to send it in for diagnostic/replacement.
2022-6-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please export the Logs of  DJI RC for us?
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link:
Mini 3 Pro:https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro/downloads
(2) Launch DJI Assistant 2. Within 20 seconds after the aircraft is powered on, connect it to DJI Assistant 2.
(3) After DJI Assistant 2 recognizes DJI RC, choose "Log Export", and then click "Save to local".
(4) The final exported data are ".dat" files.
Note: Please choose the corresponding logs of the date when the issue happened and upload them to Google Drive or Dropbox to us.
We will also send it to our designated teams for further analysis. Thanks!
2022-6-26
Use props
fansd67c7c10
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 6-26 22:44
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please export the Logs of  DJI RC for us?
(1) Download DJI Assistant 2 from the official website. Download link:
Mini 3 Pro:https://www.dji.com/mini-3-pro/downloads

Mine did the exact same thing. Screen went completely black and restarted in a few seconds. Very disturbing. Once in flight and once when exiting from watching a recorded clip. I will tey to record it while happening. Seems to do it after the fly app is open for awhile, maybe a memory leak of the fly app.

Using the mini 3 rc remote with built in screen.
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansd67c7c10 Posted at 8-10 22:04
Mine did the exact same thing. Screen went completely black and restarted in a few seconds. Very disturbing. Once in flight and once when exiting from watching a recorded clip. I will tey to record it while happening. Seems to do it after the fly app is open for awhile, maybe a memory leak of the fly app.

Using the mini 3 rc remote with built in screen.

Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we confirm that have you updated all your firmware to the latest one? If so, would you please record a video for us and export the logs we need as the post we send at #3? Thanks.
2022-8-13
Use props
fansd67c7c10
lvl.1

United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-13 23:32
Hello, there. Sorry for the late response. May we confirm that have you updated all your firmware to the latest one? If so, would you please record a video for us and export the logs we need as the post we send at #3? Thanks.

Yes, all firmware is up to date. It is very hard to reproduce the problem. It happens very rarely. This is how I reproduced it last tine. I put the drone in front of a fan to cool it down while testing. Powered up, took the remote to the end of the block to test range and did testing for 20 minutes.(drone is in my yard with cold air blowing on it so it is not overheating)
Range test was  good signal through houses to end of the block. Then I came back to the drone and took a few 48mp photos, then I entered the Album and downloaded the photo to remote storage, once I exited back to flight/camera display the remote went black before displaying the image and telemetry and stayed that way for 10 seconds or so and after that the app must have restarted and image link came back.

My thoughts, it seems to happen when drone is far away and also after the remote has been powered on for awhile. First time it happened I was at close to 400feet up and the logs show interruption and then restarting again in a new log file which is normally not possible, cant have a log file start at 296.6 feet. All log files show the ascent from 0 feet to whatever.

I think there is more data in the .dat files. Or which logs can show app crash and more details besides the flight logs?

Notice the last entry in log at what height..l (log file ends prematurely)

Notice here the first entry of the log at what altitude. (app crashed and here restarted)
46D4A990-4468-447F-BC36-8DE70B3708F8.jpeg
8F7FDD60-3051-4A1C-980E-6836B59A9692.jpeg
2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

fansd67c7c10 Posted at 8-14 12:29
Yes, all firmware is up to date. It is very hard to reproduce the problem. It happens very rarely. This is how I reproduced it last tine. I put the drone in front of a fan to cool it down while testing. Powered up, took the remote to the end of the block to test range and did testing for 20 minutes.(drone is in my yard with cold air blowing on it so it is not overheating)
Range test was  good signal through houses to end of the block. Then I came back to the drone and took a few 48mp photos, then I entered the Album and downloaded the photo to remote storage, once I exited back to flight/camera display the remote went black before displaying the image and telemetry and stayed that way for 10 seconds or so and after that the app must have restarted and image link came back.

Thank you so much for your reply. We would like to have the original logs so that we can let our engineers have a look also.
2022-8-15
Use props
djiuser_dzB123m63vZq
New
Brazil

When i turn on The drone, that is the black image i get.
Even when trying to film or taking a photo.
The image on The RC is all black. Image Just dont show up. Cant see anything. Allready update firmware and did all the calibrations.
What is going on? Why my mini 3 pro is not bringing any image? There is no obstacle, nothing in the camera lens.

I can fly the drone, go up and down, but i got no image on The RC.

Also, The sd card input semestre not tô be working. Chamged sd cards and it still dont recognize. New ones from The DJI list supported sd cards.

Dont know what tô do. Need help.
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_HMON4ngr5zRS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20269 ft
Canada

Hi everyone,

Just happening to me last 15 min on fly....Mini 3 pro with DJI RC (latest update for the drone and the RC).

very stressful especially in full flight at 500 m distance....

So...What we need to do ?
2022-8-27
Use props
Goned75
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20269 ft
Canada

Hi, please refer to my Reddit post too for more information :

https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/wzhu2v/dji_rc_blackout_with_mini_3_pro/
2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Mini 3 Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208753 ft

Slovenia

Yesterday it happened to me on my new RC on 5-th flight (new DJI mini 3 and RC controller) . And it was scarry. Why?

Mini 3 v01.00.0200 firmware (latest)
RC controller v01.02.0600 firmware (latest)

I installed a DJI assistant 2 today and reinstalled firmware on RC controller.
My mini 3 is not recognised by DJI assistant 2, but RC controller is with no problem, why? I tried with 3 diffefent cables, including with original DJI usb-c cable.
2023-4-22
Use props
DJI Mini 3 Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 208753 ft

Slovenia

Goned75 Posted at 2022-8-29 06:52
Hi, please refer to my Reddit post too for more information :

https://www.reddit.com/r/dji/comments/wzhu2v/dji_rc_blackout_with_mini_3_pro/

Gooned75 did you find a solution for your issue?
2023-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules