Pop up messages in DJI fly app
1360 11 2022-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xiarcher
lvl.2
United States

Hello all, what I'm looking for as a new flyer is.... A place I might find a list of all messages that might pop up in the upper left of the DJI fly app. The RED messages that state things like, Strong Winds and things like that. I ask because I got a message I could not read fast enough last light like maxium load reached??? I had nothing on the drone and was at 100 feet hovering. Not really sure but it was a bit windy. Any help would be great. Thanks Mike
2022-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. may we verify whether you have installed the propeller guards and fly with a full lever? When the drone encounters a high resistance during flight and the flight controller detects that there is insufficient acceleration, this message will pop up. If the propeller guards weren't installed and it happens in P mode without wind, please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the logs to us for further analysis.
2022-6-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you upload load your logs to airdata.com you can click on the messages and get a breakdown about what it means,   airdata have a free account for the last 100 flights and they have partnered with DJI so they can automatically sync your logs from the DJI cloud.
2022-6-26
Use props
Xiarcher
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-25 23:30
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. may we verify whether you have installed the propeller guards and fly with a full lever? When the drone encounters a high resistance during flight and the flight controller detects that there is insufficient acceleration, this message will pop up. If the propeller guards weren't installed and it happens in P mode without wind, please connect the drone to DJI Assistant 2 and export the logs to us for further analysis.

Propeller guards were not installed, I beleive it was the windy conditions. The reason I'm asking for a list of messages is because of my eyesight. If I had them in PDF I would be able to remember them if I pickup a message on my controller. They are one so fast and I assume they go away as soon as the problem is resolved.
2022-7-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Xiarcher Posted at 7-2 14:39
Propeller guards were not installed, I beleive it was the windy conditions. The reason I'm asking for a list of messages is because of my eyesight. If I had them in PDF I would be able to remember them if I pickup a message on my controller. They are one so fast and I assume they go away as soon as the problem is resolved.

Thank you for your response. We will coordinate this with our designated team and forward your request. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-7-17
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What drone? If it is a Mavic mini, the max load thing may mean the props may need replacing.
As an alternative to airdata there is also https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/  
You can then download the csv from there and sort that csv via in combination the last and 3rd to last columns and then sort the rows contain the messages by a time stamp column such as column d.
You can also replay the flight in the app from the flight records that are visible in the "Me" or "profile" section but I do not know if that can be replayed whilst the flight is being flown.
2022-7-17
Use props
Xiarcher
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-25 23:30

No propeller guard but listen to the props three of them make a distinct clicking sound. Like a ratchet tool on the motors, very loud. The Mini 2 always takes off and goes to payload mode. I can turn it off and it seems to fly but battery life is down. Is this something my care refresh will take care of? Funny this was a replacement to my crash. Never taken off from other a landing pad on grass so no way dirt is in the motors, and I did blow them out with air and still the same.
2022-7-19
Use props
Xiarcher
lvl.2
United States

Motor sounds of ratchet noise, payload mode alwasys on. I must turn off every time.

Motor sounds
2022-7-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Xiarcher Posted at 7-19 10:02
No propeller guard but listen to the props three of them make a distinct clicking sound. Like a ratchet tool on the motors, very loud. The Mini 2 always takes off and goes to payload mode. I can turn it off and it seems to fly but battery life is down. Is this something my care refresh will take care of? Funny this was a replacement to my crash. Never taken off from other a landing pad on grass so no way dirt is in the motors, and I did blow them out with air and still the same.

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-7-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

You bring up a good point - those messages do NOT stay long enough!  Sometimes, while flying and watching the drone, your eyes only catch it when it enters or leaves the screen.
2022-7-22
Use props
Xiarcher
lvl.2
United States

Bob-Mini-2 Posted at 7-22 07:58
You bring up a good point - those messages do NOT stay long enough!  Sometimes, while flying and watching the drone, your eyes only catch it when it enters or leaves the screen.

Exactly, there must be a list of messages in a PDF to see. I you had a list you might be able to figure some of them out. I'm an old guy and the eyes not as good as before. Lol
2022-7-22
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Xiarcher Posted at 7-22 14:38
Exactly, there must be a list of messages in a PDF to see. I you had a list you might be able to figure some of them out. I'm an old guy and the eyes not as good as before. Lol

How true . . . how true.
2022-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules