Quick shots not working
9816 20 2022-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Solly29
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18576 ft
United States

Back story:  I also own a Mavic 2 Pro, and the quickshots work perfectly on that machine.  In other words, I think I know what I'm doing?

DJI Mini 2.  Normal mode selected on the controller.  Enter quickshot -> dronie, or quickshot -> rocket.   No + signs on screen, and if I draw the box on the screen, it immediately disappears.
Tried low contrast scenes, high contrast scenes.  No difference.  The Mavic 2 pro in the same scenes works as expected.

I'm running the June 17 version of the app and firmware.  It behaved the same way on the previous versions.

Help me see what I'm missing?

Thanks!

2022-6-25
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Make sure you're using the latest firmware and fly app, because there was an app version with a bug about quickshots.
2022-6-25
Use props
Solly29
lvl.1
United States

Yaros1 Posted at 6-25 11:55
Make sure you're using the latest firmware and fly app, because there was an app version with a bug about quickshots.

I just rechecked in the app:  No updates available.
Aircraft Firmware version 1.05.0000
RC Firmware 04.11.0034
App Version 1.6.6
Running on Android 12
2022-6-25
Use props
Horsefly
New
United States

I have the exact same issue.  No "+" sign for the quickshots, and I can draw the green box but it just disappears and doesn't register for the quickshot. I also don't get the scrolling "distance" selection on any of the quickshots, and I can't change the camera settings specifically to the quickshots like I've seen videos of.

I'm still somewhat new to this, so was assuming I'm missing something.

I'm running 1.6.6 of the App, and 01.05.0000 of the mini 2 firmware.
Edit to add: Very rarely - maybe less than one time in 10 - I can use the "+" or the green box for a quickshot, but I still can't change the distance.

Kind of frustrating since the quickshot seems like a main feature of the mini 2, but I mostly have no access to it.
2022-6-26
Use props
Horsefly
New
United States

Looks like someone has posted the same problem with quickshots on YouTube: https://youtu.be/i-ieU6B4EvQ?t=254
2022-6-26
Use props
Solly29
lvl.1
United States

Horsefly Posted at 6-26 13:11
Looks like someone has posted the same problem with quickshots on YouTube: https://youtu.be/i-ieU6B4EvQ?t=254

Ok, following the steps he shows in the video seems to work sometimes.  I'm still playing around with it, but it seems to work 2x, and then I have to close and re-launch the app to get it to work again.

That's frustrating when you've got people gathered around going "show me show me" and you have to keep closing the app.

Not the best solution, but at least workable.
2022-6-28
Use props
Jan.Bo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 636316 ft
Czechia

Horsefly Posted at 6-26 11:57
I have the exact same issue.  No "+" sign for the quickshots, and I can draw the green box but it just disappears and doesn't register for the quickshot. I also don't get the scrolling "distance" selection on any of the quickshots, and I can't change the camera settings specifically to the quickshots like I've seen videos of.

I'm still somewhat new to this, so was assuming I'm missing something.

You can either downgrade the DJI FLY App to version 1.5.10 or earlier (but I haven't tested it with the Aircraft version you use (I have 01.04.0000)) or you can use this workaround - you needn't close the DJI FLY app, you can only temporarily switch the window on your phone to another and go back to the DJI FLY... Ennoying, but fast.
2022-6-29
Use props
Solly29
lvl.1
United States

A follow up to this, that might be of some value.

I just acquired a DJI Smart Controller.   Using that for the Mini 2 (instead of the native controller and my phone) the quickshots seem to work every time, just as you'd expect them to.   I've only tried 4 or 5 times so far, but I've not had any failures.
2022-7-2
Use props
domin45670
lvl.4
Flight distance : 225118 ft
Poland

I've updated DJI FLY from 1.6.6 to 1.6.8 and it seems that quickshots have been fixed. I've tried quockshots about 5 times and there was no issue. Some people wrote that 1.6.6 fixed this issue but I did not update my Mini since September 2021 and DJI FLY 1.6.6 just broken quickshots for me However it seems that 1.6.8 fixed it and it has not been mentioned by DJI on the update info. They mentioned only about some news to Mini 3.
2022-7-3
Use props
La Griffe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6427 ft
Canada

I had the same problem with the Dji Fly app version 1.9.0.  Unable to open drop-down menu, also no box for subject framing.  I installed a new Sandisk Extreme V30 A2 micro sd card and now it works for the drop-down menu and the framing.  I will try in flight because at the moment the temperature is not good here.  I will try the QuickShots functions.My cel is an Android 13

2023-1-5
Use props
djiuser_ldDnJ34B0Ytg
New
Flight distance : 43360 ft

United Kingdom

High all ive just bought the DJI MINI 2 SE and the quick shots will not work also

Any help please ???
2023-4-4
Use props
djiuser_D0J52S9FJqSt
New

Poland

Any boby know how to fix Quickshot in version 1.10.1
2023-6-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_D0J52S9FJqSt Posted at 6-13 08:03
Any boby know how to fix Quickshot in version 1.10.1

Hi there. We're sorry for the inconvenience. May we confirm what specific issue you're encountering with the QuickShots function? Thank you.
2023-6-14
Use props
fansd23f3543
lvl.1
Flight distance : 885381 ft
United States

Mini 2
My quick shots are not working either.  I believe I am up to date with all firmware:
Aircraft 01.07.0200
App 1.12.2
RC 4.11.0200
When I start a quick shot, such as the circle, I am able to draw the box.  when I tap start, the circle around the start button begins, but the aircraft only moves in slowly towards the target.  It only moves laterally a few degrees and never starts to circle.  Rocket and dronie perform similarly.  See video link, sorry about the orientation...Any help?

quickshot failure
quickshot failure.mp4
not sure if link will work...
2023-10-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansd23f3543 Posted at 10-20 17:46
Mini 2
My quick shots are not working either.  I believe I am up to date with all firmware:
Aircraft 01.07.0200

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller? If the issue persists, please provide us a screen recording showing the issue and please upload it via Google Drive so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series
2023-10-23
Use props
fansd23f3543
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-23 01:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and please update/refresh the firmware of your aircraft and remote controller? If the issue persists, please provide us a screen recording showing the issue and please upload it via Google Drive so we can check it further. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

DJI Assistant 2 software: https://www.dji.com/global/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

So that fixed it, partially.  It will now actually do a circle but is is much slower that it used to be.  See video, and two other vids that show more normal speed.
My video

Thank you
2023-10-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansd23f3543 Posted at 10-23 08:10
So that fixed it, partially.  It will now actually do a circle but is is much slower that it used to be.  See video, and two other vids that show more normal speed.
My video
DJI YouTube vid of circle

Hi. It seems that the link is restricted/private. Please set it as public so we can check it further. Thank you.
2023-10-25
Use props
fansd23f3543
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 10-25 03:50
Hi. It seems that the link is restricted/private. Please set it as public so we can check it further. Thank you.

Sorry about that.
Quickshot test video
Hello?  Checking back on this....
2023-10-25
Use props
djiuser_72WsU2rOCSib
New
Flight distance : 14318 ft

United Kingdom

My quick shots won't count down and work any help will track and everything
2023-11-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_72WsU2rOCSib Posted at 11-5 08:37
My quick shots won't count down and work any help will track and everything

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Will it be fine if you post a video showing the issue from the screen? Thank you very much.
2023-11-5
Use props
fansd23f3543
lvl.1
United States

fansd23f3543 Posted at 10-25 16:10
Sorry about that.
Quickshot test video

This thread seems to have died. Please review
2023-11-6
Use props