Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mode button not working in flight simulator
12Next >
10296 42 2022-6-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_I5vObktSidhq
lvl.1
Australia

Hey there, I’m trying to use my new motion controller for the first time with the DJI FPV simulator app but I can’t get out of normal mode with the motion controller? The button make a noise when pressed but the mode doesn’t change… does anyone know a fix for this?
2022-6-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you clarify if you are using only the DJI Virtual Flight simulator when it does the same issue or even you are actually flying? Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.
2022-6-26
Use props
djiuser_I5vObktSidhq
lvl.1
Australia

Hey there, I haven’t tried flying the actual drone with the control yet as I wanted to practice in the simulator first…
2022-6-26
Use props
9fireice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235748 ft
United States

Having the Exact Same Issue and because of it I cannot use the tutorial with the Avata, tutorial won't go past this point, also will not change when practicing on the virtual ap, it is not reading that button at all.
Turned on the drone, the mode switches with no problem!!! Its a sofrware/app issue on the Virtual Flight app
2022-8-31
Use props
9fireice
lvl.1
Flight distance : 235748 ft
United States

djiuser_I5vObktSidhq Posted at 6-26 22:52
Hey there, I haven’t tried flying the actual drone with the control yet as I wanted to practice in the simulator first…

The controller works fine, switches between N and S with no issue when connected to the drone.  In the virtual flight app the Mode button does nothing but make noise, it doesn't work in the menu either
2022-8-31
Use props
Ayuta
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412198 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have same problem. With drone all work good, but with app no, and I can´t cancel the tutorial.
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_FhQ4mzwtjAYl
lvl.1

Czechia

Same issue here, please fix!
2022-9-2
Use props
djiuser_uCrGzQnX0f3I
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3205 ft
Australia

Yes same issue. I was able to exit the tutorial and fly in the environments, but still couldn't change modes in that. I suspect the latest post launch firmware updates aren't reflected in the simulator app.
2022-9-2
Use props
fansc24fd542
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1549 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_uCrGzQnX0f3I Posted at 9-2 23:24
Yes same issue. I was able to exit the tutorial and fly in the environments, but still couldn't change modes in that. I suspect the latest post launch firmware updates aren't reflected in the simulator app.

Same issue, usual DJI, not tested it and doesn’t work.
2022-9-3
Use props
KWJC
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Having the same issue.
2022-9-3
Use props
MeatyChi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30712 ft
United Kingdom

Same here
2022-9-3
Use props
JLo79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59659 ft
Australia

Exactly the same issue. The entire app is unusable because you can’t get past this very basic first step.

Has anyone found a solution? Seems like the mods aren’t interested in helping.
2022-9-4
Use props
JLo79
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59659 ft
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-26 18:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you clarify if you are using only the DJI Virtual Flight simulator when it does the same issue or even you are actually flying? Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

When are you guys going to post a solution for this? It’s obviously a systemic problem and not an isolated incident.
2022-9-4
Use props
fansc24fd542
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1549 ft
United Kingdom

JLo79 Posted at 9-4 03:54
When are you guys going to post a solution for this? It’s obviously a systemic problem and not an isolated incident.

A work around seems.to be pushing the brake/pause button at the same time as the M button.
2022-9-4
Use props
djiuser_jKwfmmoS5Szw
lvl.1

Portugal

Exactly the same problem, M button doesn’t work in the DJI Virtual Flight
2022-9-5
Use props
moridh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2170876 ft
Malaysia

Same issue.
But can just exit the tutorial by press & hold pause button to go to main menu.
From main menu can go straight to flying.
2022-9-7
Use props
Mlorouvelin
New

Canada

Same as me
2022-9-8
Use props
fans058044ef
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15259 ft
Argentina

..same here
2022-9-15
Use props
djiuser_H5kmohOHScrq
New

United States

Same issue here, does nothing in the tutorial and can’t continue the lesson, and the button does nothing why flying virtually.
2022-9-16
Use props
moridh
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2170876 ft
Malaysia

fansc24fd542 Posted at 9-4 20:57
A work around seems.to be pushing the brake/pause button at the same time as the M button.

This works. Can use while flying too. Mode will change, but will go into pause as well. Simply unpause to continue (or pause first, then change mode + unpause).
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_TKGyZzu8KPyi
New

Finland

Same issue here!
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_2O1FT6LMN4cf
New

United States

“M” button not working when using the simulator app
2022-9-20
Use props
fans56cbe13f
lvl.1
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 6-26 18:39
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you clarify if you are using only the DJI Virtual Flight simulator when it does the same issue or even you are actually flying? Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

Same probleme here. Can not switch modes on virtual app. I will not take off my drone on real life, until I have some practice. Please fix this
2022-9-20
Use props
Zonetail
lvl.1

United States

I'm sure it's a software issue at this point, but try pressing the mode and pause button at the same time and it will work. You may have to press pause, then mode to switch, then press both simultaneously and it wont switch it back to normal.
2022-10-4
Use props
djiuser_1KtoTAHvTKNZ
lvl.1
United Kingdom

same issue here!
2022-10-8
Use props
djiuser_Ry7udsxRvFHE
New
Flight distance : 16932 ft
Australia

Same problem here. Would like to have some more practice before flying in M Mode outside.
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_Z2Wk3g2EguTZ
lvl.1
India

Same here
2022-11-23
Use props
fans17be0fae
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issue here! Cmon DJI!
2022-11-27
Use props
BadBert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59121 ft
Netherlands

Same here....
cmon DJI, the problem has been around for some time now, and no response or fix
2022-11-30
Use props
fansd4ce4d04
New

United States

Same here. I thought I had a damaged motion controller since I bought it second hand
7D73DE4F-D28E-4940-A8A1-7A4E21D71B66.jpeg
2022-12-16
Use props
fans862d46fe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83832 ft
  • >>>
United States

Was this fixed yet???
2022-12-22
Use props
fans011657d8
New
Flight distance : 168530 ft
United States

So I’m sure the on screen directions don’t say this but it you press a combo of the brake and mode button it records it as a successful mode change.

Not sure why this works but it let me continue to the simulator, hope this helps someone out there.
2022-12-27
Use props
avelkov
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493944 ft
United States

Same here, MODE button doesn't work in the simulator, still not fixed....
2022-12-29
Use props
Wuffamania
New

Australia

Ditto here…
2023-1-5
Use props
fans089bc7a9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 475066 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Seems to me that the mode button and the inability to hide the joystick on screen are another 2 bugs that DJI have absolutely no intention of fixing, once they e developed a product they just move on to the next leaving lose ends all over the place and this is why American government are giving DJI a hard time, they have sh1tty attitude
2023-3-10
Use props
Argelius
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2552 ft
United States

I came here with the same problem. I guess there's no hope at this point in DJI fixing this.
2023-3-21
Use props
Para9111
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40479 ft
Canada

Not sure if anyone else  is having this problem but my mode button isn’t working in App works fine on drone.Plus App hangs locks up occasionally not very intuitive no return to main button when training and not responding to mode button training just freezes at that point.Clearly Houston we have a problem.Seemed like a good idea design a flight training program for DJI drones then the wheels fell off.I’m confident DJI drone scientists will correct theses issues.
2023-3-24
Use props
Ranger7777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 152782 ft
United States

WOW!!!!!!!  I found this thread doing a Google search!  Today is 7 Apr, 2023 and I just found this issue today using my motion controller and thought it was broken.  I do fly with the regular controller but wanted to learn the motion controller as well using the simulator before a real flight!  I posted this problem in the FPV forum.  I will try the workaround, pressing mode and pause at the same time just to get through the tutorial.
2023-4-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hello everyone. We apologize for the inconvenience. Currently, DJI Motion Controller only supports N-mode and the mode switch function is not available on the DJI Virtual Flight app. We have submitted this issue to the DJI engineers. Please keep an eye out for our subsequent updates. Thank you for your kind understanding and support.
2023-4-9
Use props
salban
New
Flight distance : 103957 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same here, MODE button doesn't work in the simulator, still not fixed.... - and well it worked about a year ago - DJI what is wrong.How can something that worked super good be destroyed via an update without testing and left alone out there without even really taking care of the customers aka users !?! Very disappointing.

Bad grafic performance and really bad overall performance just because of an update. It worked all fine, nice and smoothly as said about 2 years ago. Just roll out the old version and I am sure everybody will be happy again. No need to do further programming since it makes it worse anyway on DJI side.
2023-4-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules