Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manigutau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

My wishlist for future firmware of DJI RONIN 4D

1. ProRes 4444HQ is welcome, but please add also ProRes 422 and H.265. If possible extend the ProRes recording possibility also to other ssd manufactures, for example SanDisk Professional PRO Blade SSD Mag (as specs and design) will fit perfect as an add on storage, as long as it is possible to maintain optimal recording specs. An external HDD, mounted for example on the top handle, could be used also as a backup hdd or storage for proxys etc, just like the Inspire 2 does with the CineSSD/MicroSD combo.

2. Possibility to toggle Peaking & Lidar on the same button. Same for zebras, false color and waveform. Assign on the same button a triple action, so we can have quick access to all exposures tools, without having to go back to the menu and select one at the time.

3. Possibility to change the top handle joystick button from tilt to pan, depending on the used scenario, it could be extremely useful also for movement, also when camera is stationery. Most of the times I prefer the top handle button for tilt moves, more precise, with no risk to interfere with other axis.

4. Custom buttons : please allow us to customize some of the buttons, for example to be able to set different actions for C1 & C2 buttons located on the camera body vs the ones located on the hand grips.

5. Possibility to cancel (briefly) completely the menu overlay, for an immersive full screen experience, it would be really useful for framing shots etc.

6. Standby Camera Mode (could not find it in the menu, also could not find a way to dim the display without shutting down the camera)

7. Possibility to delete/format the SSD in camera, really preferred the way CineSSD worked, with no possibility for DIT to erase the footage, just copy.

These are some of my reasonable wishes for a future firmware upgrade, I assume it would be a piece of cake for the brilliant minds responsible for the development of this amazing camera.
Hopefully I will see some of these improvements/suggestions available in the next firmware, meanwhile I will enjoy one the most amazing tech products I have ever used, my RONIN 4D completely exceeded my expectations, although upon its arrival I  watched on repeat all the reviews available online

2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules