Z15 GH4 Problems in cold conditions
10133 79 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

add me to the list of disgruntled customers, my gimbal just started doing the same thing, the temperature isn't even that low here..still, after reading this and a few other threads like it i took the covering off the board, warmed it in my hands for a minute, booted it up and i had video! i did see on another thread a post by Tahoe Ed, I wonder if anyone from Dji can confirm this statement here?

"R&D has designed a new HDMI Board and Cable that eliminates the low temperature problem. Please contact DJI directly. China is sending replacement boards and cables to the US, Germany and Japan. They can arrange for the board and cable be sent to you if you are comfortable in doing so or you can send the gimbal in for the required repairs."

this would be a very nice solution to the problem...Dji? you gonna play nice? it's one thing to bring out products that everyone wants, customer support is how you keep your existing customers though.. please
2015-5-17
Use props
jocheluich
New
Mexico

Is not only cold weather, we never have cold weather here in my place at the coast of Mexico.....38 C degrees is where mine started to make me go through multi power up sequences (they were working and partially making me suppose like gazillion stupid possibilities and "tricks" to bring back video, through sun, sweat and embarrassment in front of my clients).... I just hope DJI and my dealer supports me, I bought it from foxtech......... I managed to pull the work today cause this is not my fist multicopter, I did it all by LOS, a pain with full sun on you..... The feeling of doing the things like when I was learning with small copters makes me wonder why I spent this kind of money on this.................... I HATE THIS HAPPENS IN FRONT OF A CUSTOMER ........WITH ALL MY GUTS...,!!!!

DJIS900 A2 GH4 z15 Futaba 14SG

PD.. also it is making video starts recording on its own... deeply MAD...!!... I had to remove camera and erease god knows how many power up sequences damn recordings...
:@
2015-5-21
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

jocheluich@hotm Posted at 2015-5-22 08:42
Is not only cold weather, we never have cold weather here in my place at the coast of Mexico.....38  ...

Hi there, jocheluich, can you leave your skype?  No video output  at 38 degree should be special case.  I would add you to help you better solve your problem. Or you can add my working skype candice-zhu( shenzhen,China).
2015-5-22
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

jocheluich@hotm Posted at 2015-5-22 08:42
Is not only cold weather, we never have cold weather here in my place at the coast of Mexico.....38  ...

Hi there, jocheluich, can you leave your skype?  No video output  at 38 degree should be special case.  I would add you to help you better solve your problem. Or you can add my working skype candice-zhu( shenzhen,China).
2015-5-22
Use props
vantageaerial
lvl.1

United States

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-22 19:33
Hi there, jocheluich, can you leave your skype?  No video output  at 38 degree should be special c ...

Add me to that special case as I had similar issues with video transmission cutting out in warm conditions.  Started out as an intermittent problem that was resolved by cycling power but gradually got more frequent and eventually wasn't able to get video at all...just a white screen with OSD info.  I'm 5 weeks in on my RMA and still no activity on my repair.  I'll be calling next week and will post any info I find out.

Unfortunately, I was also in front of a client when this happened.  Luckily I had a backup quad that got the shots needed but was embarrassing non the less.
2015-5-22
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

vantageaerial@g Posted at 2015-5-22 22:31
Add me to that special case as I had similar issues with video transmission cutting out in warm co ...

Not yet communicate with jocheluich, we can also discuss details via working  skype
2015-5-25
Use props
vantageaerial
lvl.1

United States

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-25 17:30
Not yet communicate with jocheluich, we can also discuss details via working  skype

I appreciate your wiliness to help.  

Unfortunately my gimbal was shipped to DJI LA six weeks ago and I'd like to have the in front of me when we discuss.  Hopefully after having my gimbal for six weeks the repair is successful and there won't be a need to discuss further.  If there are still issues I will definitely take you up on your offer.

2015-5-26
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

vantageaerial@g Posted at 2015-5-27 06:05
I appreciate your wiliness to help.  

Unfortunately my gimbal was shipped to DJI LA six weeks ago ...

no problem, if you have any question, don't hesitate to contact me. My work no is NO.8.
2015-5-26
Use props
vantageaerial
lvl.1

United States

Just received word on my gimbal repair to fix the intermittent video problem I was having as described in this thread.  DJI's response....

"Upon inspection of your Z15-GH4(HD) gimbal we found it was out of balance and needed calibration. The issue has been corrected and your Z15-GH4(HD) gimbal has been updated, calibrated, and tested for functionality."

WTH, what does the gimbal being out of balance have to do with my intermittent video problem?
2015-5-29
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

vantageaerial@g Posted at 2015-5-30 04:20
Just received word on my gimbal repair to fix the intermittent video problem I was having as describ ...

Vantageaerial, if you have any problem in using the after-repaired gimbal, you can contact support center where you send back the gimbal.
2015-6-1
Use props
punkinhart
lvl.3
Australia

mine doesn't seem to be limited to cold weather either, took all of the plugs out from the hdmi pcba board and replugged a bit over a week ago, seemed to work for a while after that. i kept powering it up at random through the week, without flying it, and the video seems fine. then, a few mornings ago i powered it up and it was back to the white screen of frustration. It seems like this is a problem with the hdmi pcba board, as when the light is flashing it's all good, when the light is solid it's no good, i assume the flashing light indicates that it is receiving a video signal, there's one cable going from the board to the camera and there doesn't appear to be any problems with that.. It would be very fair of Dji to ship new boards to those of us suffering this problem so that we don't have to bear the cost of their faulty product, i live in Australia, the time and cost of posting this gimbal to china worries me, as does the thought of whether i'll have to pay import tax to customs when it comes back in. As for the shutter problem, i had to roll my gimbal firmware back to version 1.4 before the shutter control would work.
2015-6-4
Use props
vantageaerial
lvl.1

United States

vantageaerial@g Posted at 2015-5-30 04:20
Just received word on my gimbal repair to fix the intermittent video problem I was having as describ ...

Happy to report that the repair was successful as I now have a video feed.  All is good except one thing...I have horizontal dotted lines across my entire monitor.  Any suggestions as to what could be causing these?  Doesn't appear to be related to an interference issue as they are stationary and uniform.
photo.JPG
2015-6-11
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

vantageaerial@g Posted at 2015-6-12 11:54
Happy to report that the repair was successful as I now have a video feed.  All is good except one  ...

This is related to IOSD markerII.  It may becasue the IOSD has a problem.
2015-6-15
Use props
chraxli
New

Switzerland

Hi, seems I have the same Problem on my brand new S900+Z15+GH4. But it's not about Temperature, we now have about 10 - 15 degrees Celsius. The first time I start up, i have a white screen. After some reboots, the live view Picture is ok. Once it is ok, it stay's ok, until next reboot.
2015-6-22
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

chraxli@gmail.c Posted at 2015-6-23 04:23
Hi, seems I have the same Problem on my brand new S900+Z15+GH4. But it's not about Temperature, we n ...

Hi, what's your camera setting and gimbal HD-AV firmware?
2015-6-22
Use props
myhre_nick
New

Denmark

Hi, I have the same problem with my S900+Z15+GH4. It is only white screen in cold condition +5 and below it starts.. When I go inside and try to boot up the signal is all good. I have no problem right now because the weather it warmer during summer, but I guess the problem will start when winter is comming.

I have tryed to sent the video feed to IOSD MARKII and then video downlink, and without IOSD MarkII. Same result, white screen in cold condition, works fine if I boot in warm condition.

How can I get this problem fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards Nick
2015-6-24
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-26
Use props
myhre_nick
New

Denmark

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-6-26 20:08
**** The posts are shielded ****

Can't read what you posted?
2015-6-28
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

myhre_nick@hotm Posted at 2015-6-29 05:03
Can't read what you posted?

Dear customers, when you meet GH4 gimbal shows no image under low temperature, please send mails to us.support@dji.com for  north Amercian customers , and send back the gimbal for check and repair.
Or support@dji.com for the customers in other continents except North America.
2015-6-28
Use props
rbh-andy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7489642 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello,
hopefully somebody can help me.
I have a S900 +LB +A2 +Zenmuse Z15-GH4, mostly I fly the Gh4 with these settings: 4K, 25f, .mov.
Unfortunately I got Problems with the video transmission on every flight like you can see on the pics below. ( My FPV camera is working perfekt on the lb.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csk0u7 ... A002B7EC27.PNG?dl=0

I already replaced the cable from the gimbal to the lightbridge, but there was no change.
Often the video LED of the LB keeps right, it's no matter of the temperature...
Best Andy

2015-7-13
Use props
Dji support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

rbh-andy@web.de Posted at 2015-7-14 03:58
Hello,
hopefully somebody can help me.
I have a S900 +LB +A2 +Zenmuse Z15-GH4, mostly I fly the Gh4  ...

You can try replacing the GH4  9pin-10pin cable that connects the GCU and gimbal?
What's more, you can also change teh LB transmit mode ( smooth mode, realtime mode) to have a try?
2015-7-13
Use props
rbh-andy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Dji support 8 Posted at 2015-7-14 15:42
You can try replacing the GH4  9pin-10pin cable that connects the GCU and gimbal?
What's more, y ...

Thanks a lot, I will try to replace the 9pin to 10pin cable ! LB transmit Mode made no change
2015-7-14
Use props
rbh-andy
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Hey Dji support 8!!,
Thanks a lot!!!
It's working now! I changed the 9pin to 10pin cable and now the picture transmission is without any interruption.

2015-7-21
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

rbh-andy@web.de Posted at 2015-7-21 20:33
Hey Dji support 8!!,
Thanks a lot!!!
It's working now! I changed the 9pin to 10pin cable and now the ...

2015-7-21
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106670 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

among many other problems with this US$ 10.000 + equipment , I'm also having this issue with the zenmuse not working on cold conditions. I bought the s900+A2+LB on intellingentUAS and the gimbal on Adorama, but I live in Argentina so I cannot just send the equipment to the dealer. I need to buy the HD board part 58 replacement but i need to be sure that I'm buying the new version. How can I recognize it?
I would try to sell this hobbiest equipment in order to buy a professional one (from other brand) but I cannot sell it without solving the problem first.
2015-7-22
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

pbetancourt Posted at 2015-7-23 10:43
among many other problems with this US$ 10.000 + equipment , I'm also having this issue with the zen ...

Hi, you can  contact  DJI LA Office  +1 (818) 235 0789  us.support@dji.com Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST) for in- time help.
2015-7-23
Use props
rbh-andy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJI Candice,
can you tell me when there will be an official Iphone App for the original Lightbridge. (The beta app is partly not working so good.) Or when the Lightbridge will be compatible with the new go App?
Thanks!
2015-8-5
Use props
DJI Candice
lvl.4

Hong Kong

rbh-andy@web.de Posted at 2015-8-5 20:15
Hey DJI Candice,
can you tell me when there will be an official Iphone App for the original Lightbri ...

hi, rbh-andy. Currently , we havn't received the release time.
2015-8-5
Use props
jocheluich
New
Mexico

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-5-25 17:30

Hi,  The end of the story was my dealer helped me with the repairs.. They sent the unit to DJI China and they  repair it at no cost, just the 100 dls of shiping by EMS.. so in the end it is another cost on me plus the time and the beatiful embarrasing moments with clients ....  Luckily the gimbal is working good at the moment.    In the package I sent to China I included pictures of the problems and I pointed out that 2 of the screws were not holding the gimbal's Roll axis properly so I ended up using CA to hold it balanced... Well they removed the CA and put new screws in there, it returned perfectly balanced and no more white screen... PROBLEMS FIXED.  Also it takes like 2-3 seconds to send output AV after you turn camera on..   If I start in 24hz frequency I only get OSD, in 60hz no problem...  but this was before it began to fail, so I want to believe it is normal behaviour.
If you have problems and no video output, stop trying to invent new startup routines or checking the outside temp (if you are in warm weather) or whatever you think it is like I did... they are just random failures of the board and it  is the HDMI/AV board that is going to die for sure... It was my experience...    it took like 5-6 weeks all the return process...   

Sorry for not answering before, but the same day I posted, my dealer contacted me and they helped me get the gimbal to China.....   It was a hassle YES... Also... can someone tell me how I can upgrade my GPS pro on the A2 to GPS pro plus?...  My dealer is not answering my requests, I don't know if they are on holiday or something... but I don't intend to pay almost 500 dls to upgrade it...   and I feel kind of bad when I own a  Naza, WKW, P3P, S900, A2, Ronin...!! almost a compact car  value !!...

TKS
josé

2015-8-11
Use props
jhilder
New

Australia

I'm having the exact same issues except its not as cold here as others are experiencing. I have S1000 with A2 and Zenmouse GH4 gimbal and the video cuts in and out and sometimes I have to power cycle it 3 or 4 times to get it going. I have tried replacing the 9 to 10 pin cable. Pretty frustrating as my unit and brand new and I have only used it a couple of times, Its basicly unusable. About 1 minute after take off it starts. I have contacted DJI china so I'm hoping they can sort it out.
2015-8-27
Use props
bruce
New

United States

I am having the same issue  -- no video on gh4 - however if i plug a gopro into the HDMI cable I get video..... and i have tried everything under the sun to fix the issue... so I have contaced my dealer.. to see what they say before contacing DJI direct.
2015-11-2
Use props
tdmilne.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 477674 ft
United Kingdom

DJI -Technical  Posted at 2015-1-8 12:50
Hi, is the GCU LED show constant red?
After warming up, will the image recover?

Hi I have this issue today I am losing the picture and sometimes its hard to get the picture up on either HDMI and or the iPad. I have been doing some testing and it is a beautiful day here but only 4 deg. I get a solid red LED until i heat up the GCU area on the Z15 the LED goes green and if I restart no problem picture god but fly for 5 mins and picture lost. I have an s900, A2, Z15 with GH4 and LB1. Any suggestions as its a real pain.. PS I have an inspire 1 Pro and no problem with her flying in the same conditions.

Thanks

Tom
2016-2-26
Use props
kristofer86
New
Flight distance : 1797339 ft
Sweden

DJI support Posted at 2015-1-22 15:57
Dear customers, when you met GH4 gimbal shows no image under low temperature, please send mails to ...

Hello! I'm using S900 + Zenmuse GH4.. and get no picture, except for volt/height etc.. And it is 2-4 degrees here in Sweden. As soon as I get indoors everything works fine. Very frustrating! Some tips?

Thanks
Kristofer Göthe
2016-3-15
Use props
pbetancourt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2106670 ft
  • >>>
Argentina

This a very well known issue. It's caused by a defective AV-HD board. I've got the exact same issue and DJI asked me to send the gimbal for repairing. As I live in Argentina and it was almost impossible to send the gimabl back to US, I ask DJI if I could buy a new board instead. They gave me a link, I paid, and they sent a new board from China to US. Then a friend of mine came to Argentina with the new board, and we mounted it here. Now it works fine under cold temperatures.
2016-3-17
Use props
flaviomjr.vtolx
lvl.4
Canada

kristofer86 Posted at 2016-3-15 14:40
Hello! I'm using S900 + Zenmuse GH4.. and get no picture, except for volt/height etc.. And it is 2 ...

Exactly as PBetancourt says.   This is a very common problem with the Zenmuse 15 Gh4 gimbal.   I live up in Canada and temperatures here can go down to -45 Celsius at times in the winter.  The board is very easy to replace and before you install the new one, I highly recommend you to use something like a thin double sided tape to place between the board and the gimbal.   Due to the gimbal being made out of aluminum it gets cold very fast.   The double sided tape will help to keep some of that cold from transpiring over to the HDMI board.   

2016-3-17
Use props
luka.carl.fs
New

Slovenia

I am having the same problem now over a year. Not LB but using AV only.
It has been serviced under warranty and a week later the problem started appearing again. Now I am on my third hdmi board (bought myself so I dont have to wait on service), and the problem started again. At this point I am lucky to get any video at all, the multiple resets don't seem to help anymore.
Clearly dji has no idea what the problem is, or they just don't care to solve the root of it.

Since then I am using third party hdmi converter which has its limitations because I dont have unlimited freedom of rotation because of the external connection.
Can a DJI technician please tell me which two lines of the mesh protected  wire above the roll motor are the av gnd and video? I would like to cut and use them for my external hdmi board video feed.

Thank you
2016-4-3
Use props
flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

luka.carl.fs@gm Posted at 2016-4-3 04:01
I am having the same problem now over a year. Not LB but using AV only.
It has been serviced under w ...

Luka, from what I understand there has been a revision to the HDMI board.  Could possibly be that the replacement boards you changed it with might have been an older revision and reason why you still had the issues.  I had the same problem and bought a replacement card and never had the problem again.   What I would do is contact DJI, and tell them that you have replaced the boards 3 times and yet still have the same problems.  Maybe the boards are still under warranty?   

Also, I found that since the board is almost directly touching the housing of the gimbal, I decided to place a double sided tape between the board and the gimbal housing.  This keeps the cold from transferring from the gimbal onto the board as easy.   Since is gimbal is made of aluminum, doesn't take very long for the cold to impact the card which has absolutely not insulation whatsoever.
2016-4-6
Use props
luka.carl.fs
New

Slovenia

The new revision has been out before I got it serviced under warranty. I made sure of that with the dji support before sending it in. None the less they have installed the same version  of the board, or also the new version has the same problem.
Are there any marking on the board itself to identify the version?
2016-4-9
Use props
luka.carl.fs
New

Slovenia

I managed to successecfuly bypass the internal hdmi board with an external hdmi converter (KW), but by tapping into the existing wiring so still using the internal sliprings for a continues 360° free rotation.
Worth mentioning all with no help from the dji support, I was hopping to get in my post #76 a month ago.
2016-5-2
Use props
F_DJI
lvl.1

United Kingdom

luka.carl.fs@gm Posted at 2016-5-2 02:58
I managed to successecfuly bypass the internal hdmi board with an external hdmi converter (KW), but by tapping into the existing wiring so still using the internal sliprings for a continues 360° free rotation.
Worth mentioning all with no help from the dji support, I was hopping to get in my post #76 a month ago.

Hi Luka, which cables are you used? white and green one?
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules