Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_yR1WJW6YfgMs
lvl.1

Philippines

Good Day, Issue with my recently purchased P4R
I had 2 non fatal crashes (luckily)
1st Event:
I had the Aircraft on free flight, 400 meters away at 80 meters height, P4R suddenly started to spiral down, Lost all GPS Sats, the it suddenly changed to Atti mode, Aircraft is starting to move further away from me, it prompted ESC error max motor speed reached and it is very hard to control and there were many trees around ( Ive flown in Atti mode before,this is nothing like it) this went on for about a minute ( longest 1 minute of my life). Managed to swerve it above me and dropped about 3 meters, motors still spinning rapidly, the off movement of the sticks did not work.
Event 2: Planned Flight
As the aircraft reached the set height of 150 meters, the screen once again prompted Atti Mode, ESC error, this time i lost all controls to the aircraft, rapidly spiraling down, i think about 20 meters height that the aircraft did a free fall. Luckily it landed on a cornfield.

I was flying on an open space area where the issues happened, I do calibration every pre flight. No error messages before Take off.
After each of the 2 crashes, we cleaned the drone and tried it again, it was flying alright, no issues or error messages whatsoever.

I contacted the dealer about the issue, they said that the lack of a DRTK 2 Base station caused this issues.
What is your view on this one? Is it really because of the base station or is it a hardware issue? Ill attatch the flight log of the 2nd event. Thank you.

DJIFlightRecord_2022-06-25_[10-23-11].zip

333.1 KB, Down times: 3

2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since there was a crash that happened before with your DJI Drone and now you are having this issue. I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We will do there best to evaluate the DJI drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you.
2022-6-26
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dealer is FOS. You can fly the P4R w/o a D_RTK 2. Unless you use NTRIP you won't have RTK, but the P4R can be flown in non-RTK mode just fine. (Unless it is faulty).
2022-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules