DJI Altitude restriction lower than FAA
596 1 2022-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ShapeGSX
lvl.2
United States

I'm trying to unlock a region for my Air 2S and RC Pro that sits under an airport "bowtie". The FAA says that this particular area can be unlocked up to 300 feet in the Aloft app (I'm pretty far from the airport in this location).  I then submit the documentation from the FAA to Fly-Safe, and ask to unlock up to 300 feet with a very small polygon over the area (200 by 200ft square). It gets approved up to 300 feet by fly safe. I then import the unlock into the drone using my RC Pro.

Then I take off and it says I'm restricted to 200 feet with an Altitude Restriction.

What bugs me is that a month ago, this all worked. I was able to get up to 300 feet no problem. But yesterday when I went to collect more footage, the above happened.

Why does the entire process get approved by the FAA and DJI up to 300 feet only to have the drone and the DJI Fly app cut off the altitude at 200 feet? Why isn't the drone adhering to the altitude and polygon that was submitted and approved?
2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there ShapeGSX. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For us to be able to assist you with regards to this matter. Kindly please contact our DJI FlySafe Department by sending an email to flysafe@dji.com for us to be able to help you further. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules