2858 31 2022-6-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hi All,

Trying to get ND filters for M3P and it seems they are sold out at DJI and not yet available at other manufacturers, such as PolarPro , Freewell. Wanted to ask if other people are able to use the drone during the day , i.e. if you somehow were able to grab filters, as I can't seem to be able to use the drone just yet w/o ND filters for shooting video during the day or even evenings.

Thanks in advance, Mike.
2022-6-26
Use props
SgtMercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100558 ft
United States

I'm not sure I understand the question. I've flown during the day and at night with no nd filters. Auto works pretty well.

Freewell

https://www.amazon.com/Freewell- ... %2Caps%2C115&sr=1-1

Skyreat

https://www.amazon.com/Skyreat-F ... ronics%2C103&sr=1-6
2022-6-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mike. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. In addition, you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on this DJI Online Store page ( https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... -filters-set-16-256 ) for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the DJI Mini 3 Pro ND Filters Set ( ND 16/64/256 ) in stock. Thank you.
2022-6-26
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Working quite well here without ND filters,   but if you want to follow the 180 rule then you would need them.
2022-6-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-26 19:33
Hello there Mike. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who owns the DJI Mini 3 Pro can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. In addition, you may click the In Stock Reminder tab on this DJI Online Store page ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-pro-nd-filters-set-16-256 ) for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the DJI Mini 3 Pro ND Filters Set ( ND 16/64/256 ) in stock. Thank you.

Hi Stephen,

Thank you, yes watching the stock. Looking forward to buying one.

Thanks, Mike.

2022-6-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

SgtMercy Posted at 6-26 18:59
I'm not sure I understand the question. I've flown during the day and at night with no nd filters. Auto works pretty well.

Thank you SgtMercy. I ended buying Freewell that you shared in the first link. The issue for me you can fly w/o ND filter even during the day, but especially since the drone does not have variable aperture, your shutter speed would be in thousands, which would produce poor video quality. Ideally you would want your shutter speed to be double your frame rate, i.e. SS 120 for 4k 60fps. You can always decrease the exposure as well, but during the day here, I would have to decrease it by 4-5 stops, which would yield poor quality video as well for me. Thank you for sharing the links, I ended up getting Freewell filters, looking forward to receiving them soon...

Thanks, Mike.
2022-6-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-27 02:54
Working quite well here without ND filters,   but if you want to follow the 180 rule then you would need them.

Hi DAFlys,

I shoot different angles to the sun and I would get really high shutter speed w/o ND filter. I got Freewell filters that Sgt mentioned, looking forward to receiving them soon.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-6-27
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

if you are flying close to the ground shooting video then probably good idea to use them otherwise high up video and photos then won't be a difference (from what i read on replies mainly about filters).  I have the DJI ones but haven't been anywhere yet to use them properly.
2022-6-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Freewell All Day pack is quite nice. You will be happy with them. The UV filter also does a good job.
2022-6-27
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was one of the first to get a set of ND filters (Skyreat) and here's the most recent clips from a couple days ago using the ND32. BTW, this video was shot by a friend  with ZERO RC/Drone experience with me just providing verbal instruction from take off to landing after seeing me doing a flight (I wont' post that video as it was mostly to see how far I can visually see the Mi3P so I would fly a little, look up and try to find the drone, then fly a bit further and repeat).

2022-6-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I have Freewell, I think they’re still available.
2022-6-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

chillibadger Posted at 6-27 03:06
if you are flying close to the ground shooting video then probably good idea to use them otherwise high up video and photos then won't be a difference (from what i read on replies mainly about filters).  I have the DJI ones but haven't been anywhere yet to use them properly.

Thank you for your reply Chillibadger. I think you would still need them if you fly higher up in daylight and I use them in evening too. The sensor on M3P has fixed aperture, so you can't make the aperture smaller. You can shoot videos w/o an ND filter, but if you are shooting on Auto everything, your shutter speed would be over a thousand, which would reflect badly on video quality. I try to shoot shutter speed at double the frame rate, i.e. for 4k 60fps, I go with shutter speed of 120 , that normally helps to produce good quality video. Imho I end up needing ND filter even for drones that have variable aperture as getting exposure right with SS being double the frame rate is a challenge for me w/o putting ND filter on (unless shooting in the dark). Just my two cents on it...

Thanks, Mike.
2022-6-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-27 03:33
The Freewell All Day pack is quite nice. You will be happy with them. The UV filter also does a good job.

Thank you KLRSKIR , I normally  go with DJI ones, this is my first time getting non DJI ND filters, looking forward to receiving them in couple of day...

Thanks, Mike.
2022-6-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Wiz33 Posted at 6-27 08:19
I was one of the first to get a set of ND filters (Skyreat) and here's the most recent clips from a couple days ago using the ND32. BTW, this video was shot by a friend  with ZERO RC/Drone experience with me just providing verbal instruction from take off to landing after seeing me doing a flight (I wont' post that video as it was mostly to see how far I can visually see the Mi3P so I would fly a little, look up and try to find the drone, then fly a bit further and repeat).

https://youtu.be/mPHOP23ZCdI

Thank you for sharing the video Wiz33. I can tell it was a bright day and those ND filters you guys used worked great and cut the light nicely, the video quality for such a small drones look great with these filters. Thank you for sharing.

Best Regards, Mike.
2022-6-27
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 6-27 08:37
I have Freewell, I think they’re still available.

Thank you Hallmark, I got them too. This is my first time using non DJI filters, luckily there were available on Amazon and I grabbed them, looking forward to receiving them in a couple of days.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-6-27
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

today i did get my nd filters at the local shop here now stil waiting on the wide lens
2022-6-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Andre vd Weide Posted at 6-28 03:51
today i did get my nd filters at the local shop here now stil waiting on the wide lens

ah nice, planning wide lens later on as well. Did you get DJI ones btw?
2022-6-28
Use props
Andre vd Weide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mzp Posted at 6-28 05:30
ah nice, planning wide lens later on as well. Did you get DJI ones btw?

yes the where from dji at the local dji dealer
2022-6-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Andre vd Weide Posted at 6-28 10:00
yes the where from dji at the local dji dealer

Ah nice I like DJI filters, they are normally high quality filters with the ones I've been using...
2022-6-28
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi - Yep I have the DJI ND Filters and SkyReat ones just made a test video on them as well if you are interested
2022-6-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 6-28 12:48
Hi - Yep I have the DJI ND Filters and SkyReat ones just made a test video on them as well if you are interested https://youtu.be/y1swZ6G4liM

Thank you for sharing Max. I am finishing work, I am curious to watch and check out your video after work.
2022-6-28
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 6-28 12:48
Hi - Yep I have the DJI ND Filters and SkyReat ones just made a test video on them as well if you are interested https://youtu.be/y1swZ6G4liM

Hey Max,

Thank you for sharing the review video. Both DJI and SkyReat seem to be nice at cutting the light and retaining colors. I normally get DJI ones, but SkyReat also seems to be pretty good. Also color checker result seemed similar to me. I was getting a lot of compression artifacts from youtube in the video, not sure if it has something to do with my internet connection. Btw Max, that polarizer filter produces an amazing result when shooting water surface that would otherwise normally have bright sun glare / bright sun reflections causing overexposure and would make me compromise for going darker, maybe losing some details in shadows, but I would  normally lower exposure so I can fit all light spectrum in the frame. Makes me think I also need to get a polarizer filter as I shoot rivers a lot. Thank you for sharing the video Max, learning new things after watching it

Take care, Mike.
2022-6-28
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mzp Posted at 6-28 15:22
Hey Max,

Thank you for sharing the review video. Both DJI and SkyReat seem to be nice at cutting the light and retaining colors. I normally get DJI ones, but SkyReat also seems to be pretty good. Also color checker result seemed similar to me. I was getting a lot of compression artifacts from youtube in the video, not sure if it has something to do with my internet connection. Btw Max, that polarizer filter produces an amazing result when shooting water surface that would otherwise normally have bright sun glare / bright sun reflections causing overexposure and would make me compromise for going darker, maybe losing some details in shadows, but I would  normally lower exposure so I can fit all light spectrum in the frame. Makes me think I also need to get a polarizer filter as I shoot rivers a lot. Thank you for sharing the video Max, learning new things after watching it

Thanks Mike and glad you found it useful - cheers Hieth
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Mzp Posted at 6-27 02:54
Hi Stephen,

Thank you, yes watching the stock. Looking forward to buying one.

Hi there Mike. You are very much welcome and thank you for these information. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day. .
2022-6-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hitmax Posted at 6-29 13:25
Thanks Mike and glad you found it useful - cheers Hieth

Cheers Hieth.
2022-6-30
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-29 20:37
Hi there Mike. You are very much welcome and thank you for these information. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.  .

Likewise, you too Stephen
2022-6-30
Use props
RUD_fr
lvl.4
France

I noticed on DJI mini 3 pro when i put dji's ND filter like 16 AF doesn't run very well, it make the point and then rack focus back a little so subject is not well focus. This appears often when light is just and you need to push little iso. Any experiences are welcome. If i unplug ND filter AF run Normally. Do that mean's we need perfect light condition to use ND filter ? iso 100?

2022-7-3
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

RUD_fr Posted at 7-3 13:42
I noticed on DJI mini 3 pro when i put dji's ND filter like 16 AF doesn't run very well, it make the point and then rack focus back a little so subject is not well focus. This appears often when light is just and you need to push little iso. Any experiences are welcome. If i unplug ND filter AF run Normally. Do that mean's we need perfect light condition to use ND filter ? iso 100?https://youtu.be/8x8GX6dSMKo

Maybe this is because you are too close to the subject you are shooting. I think auto focus is half a meter to infinity. If you subject is less than half a meter away , it would not be able to auto focus. If you try a larger distance between the drone and the subject of focus it may work just fine. Also noticed if you are doing this at home there might not be enough light to allow the drone to focus with ND filter on. Just my 2 cents on it...

Thanks, Mike.
2022-7-4
Use props
tanasit
lvl.3
Flight distance : 145509 ft
United States

Mzp Posted at 6-27 09:12
Thank you for your reply Chillibadger. I think you would still need them if you fly higher up in daylight and I use them in evening too. The sensor on M3P has fixed aperture, so you can't make the aperture smaller. You can shoot videos w/o an ND filter, but if you are shooting on Auto everything, your shutter speed would be over a thousand, which would reflect badly on video quality. I try to shoot shutter speed at double the frame rate, i.e. for 4k 60fps, I go with shutter speed of 120 , that normally helps to produce good quality video. Imho I end up needing ND filter even for drones that have variable aperture as getting exposure right with SS being double the frame rate is a challenge for me w/o putting ND filter on (unless shooting in the dark). Just my two cents on it...

Thanks, Mike.

RE: shutter speed would be over a thousand, which would reflect badly on video quality.

Can you explain how bad is it?

Thanks
2022-7-5
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

tanasit Posted at 7-5 12:00
RE: shutter speed would be over a thousand, which would reflect badly on video quality.

Can you explain how bad is it?

Yes with shutter speed being in the thousands what would happen is that the drone would take thousands of pictures a second and fitting that into whatever frame rate  you have, i.e. 60fps. This would result in jitter around moving objects and would create an unpleasant effect on the video, the video would have unnatural looking colors, having very contrasty overly bright and overly dark areas, blurring in the video, imho it looks just horrible, unless someone needs this for some arti work. This is from Google:

Using high shutter speeds with video content does freeze motion on each frame, resulting in very crisp individual images. However, when played back at normal video frame rates, the motion can appear hyper-realistic and gives give a very jittery, unsettled feeling to the viewer.
2022-7-5
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Have look here :

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=267327
2022-7-29
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 7-29 06:22
Have look here :

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=267327

Thank you MySky. This is very informative! Once again it shows I need to get polirizer filter for my Mavic 3 as I often shoot water.

Thanks, Mike.
2022-7-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules