844 51 2022-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've had this impressive machine for almost a week now, so after being urged by a couple of the denizens of the forum, here is some of the first footage I shot.
Apart from one brief test flight above my garden to familiarise myself with the controls, this footage is from the first flight  'in the wild', as it were.
All shot with the settings at default - exactly as the drone was supplied. Nothing altered. So the original definition was 3840x2160 @ 30FPS.
There are no fancy editing techniques, and no backing music.  I've just chopped out large bits from the 20-minute flight where nothing happened while I checked
out various features of the Mini3. Consequently it's a bit disjointed here and there.
As far as range was concerned, I was able to fly in all directions with no difficulty to maximum VLOS (about 500 metres), although the signal did fluctuate and briefly
drop out at times. Re-orienting the RC quickly rectified that problem.  I observed that, even using the dedicated DJI RC, there is a noticeable pause-and-catch up in the video
feed to the screen every ten seconds or so, which I wouldn't have expected.
The footage is downscaled to 1920x1080 for uploading to YouTube,

2022-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Blériot53. Good day and thank you for sharing this cool aerial video that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Nice flying and have a nice day. .
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-27 00:59
Hello there Blériot53. Good day and thank you for sharing this cool aerial video that you have filmed using your DJI Mini 3 Pro. Nice flying and have a nice day.  .

Thanks DJI Stephen.  My first impressions of the Mini3Pro
2022-6-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice and smooth until the panning Mr B,    have a fiddle with the EXP setting for that you can tone down the acceleration a bit.  
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting first impression on the Mini 3.  Good to know that you experienced no range issues and only minor signal fluctuations.  
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 03:27
Interesting first impression on the Mini 3.  Good to know that you experienced no range issues and only minor signal fluctuations.

Since then I've tried again from  home.  Equally good range in some directions, but interference experienced in others. Still better than 400m though.
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 03:54
Since then I've tried again from  home.  Equally good range in some directions, but interference experienced in others. Still better than 400m though.

Much more than that you would be beyond VLOS, or at least I would.  

I did the deal for the Mini 3.  He had only 4 flights and the drone and RC were in new condition and it came with the 2 year Care Refresh plan.  Best of all the SD card locks into place and stays in.  So he got a new Mini 2 with Care Refresh plan.  All he wanted was to be able to take good photos on his vacation to South America next week.  He's very happy and I'm happy.  So it turned out to be a win-win situation.

I boxed up original Mini 3 to send to DJI today for a warranty replacement.   
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 05:36
Much more than that you would be beyond VLOS, or at least I would.  

I did the deal for the Mini 3.  He had only 4 flights and the drone and RC were in new condition and it came with the 2 year Care Refresh plan.  Best of all the SD card locks into place and stays in.  So he got a new Mini 2 with Care Refresh plan.  All he wanted was to be able to take good photos on his vacation to South America next week.  He's very happy and I'm happy.  So it turned out to be a win-win situation.

Yes I'm confident that my version of the Mini3 would comfortably exceed VLOS in favourable terrain.
And great news about the exchange.  Two satisfied parties to the deal.
And you'll end up with two Mini3's when DJI replace the faulty one.
As you say - win/win.
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 05:42
Yes I'm confident that my version of the Mini3 would comfortably exceed VLOS in favourable terrain.
And great news about the exchange.  Two satisfied parties to the deal.
And you'll end up with two Mini3's when DJI replace the faulty one.

I'm excited about the trade.  Originally I tried to talk him out of it as I'm sure a fix will come along for the range issue but he said he couldn't wait and needed more range for the locations he is vacationing at.  But, like I said it gets out far enough for me.  On the test flight I got it out to 600m before it started losing signal so turned around and after about 30 seconds it had full signal again.  
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 05:56
I'm excited about the trade.  Originally I tried to talk him out of it as I'm sure a fix will come along for the range issue but he said he couldn't wait and needed more range for the locations he is vacationing at.  But, like I said it gets out far enough for me.  On the test flight I got it out to 600m before it started losing signal so turned around and after about 30 seconds it had full signal again.

Encouraging results.  Now we can expect some posts from you again soon
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 06:05
Encouraging results.  Now we can expect some posts from you again soon

Unfortunately, I have to head to a dental cleaning appointment  but hope to get out and fly shortly after that.  Will just charge up the batteries in the meantime and have them ready.  
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 06:11
Unfortunately, I have to head to a dental cleaning appointment  but hope to get out and fly shortly after that.  Will just charge up the batteries in the meantime and have them ready.

Good luck with that - mine was last month. I may pop out for a flight or two - the rain has stopped and the skies are clearing.
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 06:11

Strike that last remark. As I got up to pack the drones for a short trip out, the next belt of raincloud came cantering over the hill and scuppered my plans
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 06:13
Good luck with that - mine was last month. I may pop out for a flight or two - the rain has stopped and the skies are clearing.

Hope the weather held so you could get in a couple of flights.  The air always seems so fresh after a rain.  
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 06:44
Strike that last remark. As I got up to pack the drones for a short trip out, the next belt of raincloud came cantering over the hill and scuppered my plans

Well, there went your best made plans.  
2022-6-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lovely footage. Have a go with the DJI editor and add a little low volume music. I think that helps a lot to hold viewers
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 14:24
Hope the weather held so you could get in a couple of flights.  The air always seems so fresh after a rain.

I did manage one flight, in the end. With the Mini3 of course
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 14:37
Well, there went your best made plans.

It was late evening before I managed a single flight of the Mini3
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-27 20:55
Lovely footage. Have a go with the DJI editor and add a little low volume music. I think that helps a lot to hold viewers

Yes. I did this one quick and basic 'cos you'd been pressing me to hurry up
2022-6-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 21:16
Yes. I did this one quick and basic 'cos you'd been pressing me to hurry up

Fair point
2022-6-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 21:16
Yes. I did this one quick and basic 'cos you'd been pressing me to hurry up

Fair point
Anyway sun is coming out I am off in the boat for breakfast

2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-27 21:21
Fair point
Anyway sun is coming out I am off in the boat for breakfast

Enjoy. Don't drop the drone in the drink
2022-6-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 21:26
Enjoy. Don't drop the drone in the drink

That is always a huge concern of Mini one of the guys I say yesterday was flying his mini 2 in sports mode about 3 feet from the surface of Thirlmere not that did give me the willies. I would never be brave enough to do that.

Just subscribed to you channel by the way……….Are you a Snail eating Frenchie by the way
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-27 21:39
That is always a huge concern of Mini one of the guys I say yesterday was flying his mini 2 in sports mode about 3 feet from the surface of Thirlmere not that did give me the willies. I would never be brave enough to do that.

Just subscribed to you channel by the way……….Are you a Snail eating Frenchie by the way

I've done som low flying over water with the Mini One (at about 2 metres above the surface) but never in Sport mode. I'm not that brave.
Français?  Moi?    Mais non, mon brave.  Je suis pur jus de rosbif comme toi  
2022-6-27
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 21:45
I've done som low flying over water with the Mini One (at about 2 metres above the surface) but never in Sport mode. I'm not that brave.
Français?  Moi?    Mais non, mon brave.  Je suis pur jus de rosbif comme toi

I knew it a dam continental you had bigger ships but that didn’t help you
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-27 22:18
I knew it a dam continental you had bigger ships but that didn’t help you

Born and bred in Wiltshire mate.  But we had 15 wonderful years in France before Brexit. Covid and advancing years drove us back here.
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 21:05
I did manage one flight, in the end. With the Mini3 of course

One flight beats no flights.  
2022-6-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 21:07
It was late evening before I managed a single flight of the Mini3

Late evening is also a good time to see how the Mini 3 performs in a lower light situation.  
2022-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see!
2022-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-28 02:50
One flight beats no flights.

2022-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-28 02:53
Late evening is also a good time to see how the Mini 3 performs in a lower light situation.

2022-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-6-28
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Great video for the maiden flight with your Mini 3 pro and no hick ups. Congratulations. I am half way off the fence now.
2022-6-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 6-28 08:53
Great video for the maiden flight with your Mini 3 pro and no hick ups. Congratulations. I am half way off the fence now.

Jump full off you will love it
2022-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 6-28 08:53

Thank you. Great news that you're halfway off the fence. Hope you have a soft landing
2022-6-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 6-28 09:45
Thank you. Great news that you're halfway off the fence. Hope you have a soft landing

Some people have the fence panels so far up their A**e it would take 1000 horses to pull them out. There are those that are I am sure fused to the fence and it is actually part of them
2022-6-28
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Blériot53 Posted at 6-28 09:45

Thanks, I am sure I will land soft after learning almost everything about the Mini 3 Pro here in the forum. So I think I almost know everything I need to know and do the same thing as you did.
Cheers.
2022-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-28 09:55
Some people have the fence panels so far up their A**e it would take 1000 horses to pull them out. There are those that are I am sure fused to the fence and it is actually part of them

Now you know for a fact, that's not strictly accurate
I am the living proof of that.
2022-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kyalami Posted at 6-28 09:56
Thanks, I am sure I will land soft after learning almost everything about the Mini 3 Pro here in the forum. So I think I almost know everything I need to know and do the same thing as you did.
Cheers.

I don't think you'll regret it.  No harm in taking your time and choosing carefully, whatever BP says
2022-6-28
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules