3974 14 2022-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1963583 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Am I doing something wrong?   I have the Mavic 3 w/ RC Pro.  I am coming from my Mavic 2.  The Mavic 2 fired up and updated my time zone immediately.  I always thought it got the timezone based on the GPS.  Time is always accurate.  Today I flew my Mavic 3 in a foreign country with a timezone +12hrs from home and the time zone did not update.  It stayed on USA Central Timezone. I have the RC Pro setting set to auto update to network time and that does nothing.  What’s going on with my timezone not updating?   Do I need to have an internet connection to update my timezone or is it via GPS
2022-6-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update via WiFi, mobile hotspot or manually via the controller. I'm not aware of the RC Pro updating via GPS.
2022-6-27
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-27 04:33
Update via WiFi, mobile hotspot or manually via the controller. I'm not aware of the RC Pro updating via GPS.

I have the RC Pro setting set to “Network auto update timezone”.  When I connected to Wi-Fi it did nothing.  I had to switch auto off and manual set the timezone.
2022-6-27
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 6-27 04:39
I have the RC Pro setting set to “Network auto update timezone”.  When I connected to Wi-Fi it did nothing.  I had to switch auto off and manual set the timezone.

I too had the same issue after the last firmware update, initially. This past weekend I was at a different location about 150 miles away from my home. Connected the RC Pro to my mobile hotspot and out of nowhere is just worked again.
2022-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DemolitionMan14. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to connect your DJI RC Pro to the internet and check if the time zone will be updated properly and to see if there are some updates for your DJI RC Pro as well. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-6-28
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 6-27 07:14
I too had the same issue after the last firmware update, initially. This past weekend I was at a different location about 150 miles away from my home. Connected the RC Pro to my mobile hotspot and out of nowhere is just worked again.

Did you happen to do the update released 06/16/22 before it started working?
2022-7-11
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

The only way I can get the drone to change the time stamp on the photo metadata is the change the timezone on the RC Pro manually and then restart the RC Pro.  If I change the timezone manually on the RC Pro but don't restart it, it does nothing to change the timestamp.  
2022-7-11
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 7-11 09:55
Did you happen to do the update released 06/16/22 before it started working?

Yes I did.
2022-7-11
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Still Not working.  I attached some screen recordings showing the process I have to go through to change the time zone.  Neither of the two "Use Network-provided" options work..

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/tyxe0doaxuv4kkb7lqk8l/h?dl=0&rlkey=049ihgapku0ilwe1cqadj4ne9
2022-9-27
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-28 22:03
Hello there DemolitionMan14. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to connect your DJI RC Pro to the internet and check if the time zone will be updated properly and to see if there are some updates for your DJI RC Pro as well. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/tyxe0doaxuv4kkb7lqk8l/h?dl=0&rlkey=049ihgapku0ilwe1cqadj4ne9

@djistephen Please forward this to the engineers.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

DemolitionMan14 Posted at 9-27 04:33

@djistephen Please forward this to the engineers.

Hi there DemolitionMan14. Thank you for the reply and for this request. I will forward these information and this link to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-9-27
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-27 20:46
Hi there DemolitionMan14. Thank you for the reply and for this request. I will forward these information and this link to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

@djistephen any update?
2022-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there DemolitionMan14. Thank you for the reply and for this inquiry. As of the moment, I do not have information and updates on this matter. Please rest assured that once I have an information I will send you a notification for updates. Thank you for your patience.
2022-10-18
Use props
DemolitionMan14
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

After several months of back and forth and a replacement RC Pro, DJI's engineers confirmed that there is an error with the firmware preventing "Use Network-provided time zone" from working.  They assured me that that error will be fixed the near future.  I should probably take that with a grain of salt given DJI's record of broken promises (i.e. SDK for Mavic 3).
2022-11-28
Use props
fansca7168b6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136191 ft
Taiwan

I doubt they fix it, cause I have the same issue. Even with the latest firmware that I just installed few minutes ago.
I mean, there is obviously a bug since many month. So please fix it DJI.
2023-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules