Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Had a test flight with my MINI2, but guess it is for all DJI FlyApp drones.
Position not where i normally fly ; so GPS satellites had to be found.
Plus take off spot surrounded by large trees!

Started my flight with low number at satellites, plus the GPS 'health' zero (CSV value, not seen on the FlyApp screen).

My remarks for DJI software engineers;

1) first seen in the screen (top left next to N-mode) : Take of with caution (At...
Remark : At what ???   ofcourse it is ATTI mode ; so do change this into :  ATTI mode, CAUTION

2) next on the screen : No GPS. Fly with caution.
Remark : why only short period of time?  if i look at my drone at take off i will miss this message on the screen.

3) next a warning : GPS signal weak. Switched to Attitide mode. Aircraft unable to hover. Fly with caution
see the picture.
Remark : this important message on the screen for only very short (a split second) moment !!  Why so short ???
(slow down the video to see the message....at 4.8 sec)

4) with the GPS icon red and Vision used drone is flying 'normal', stability is oke.
Remark : why do i see "N mode  In Flight" ??  do change that into " ATTI vision " so remote pilots are aware that drone is not flying in a GPS stabilized mode!

5) when flying in ATTI mode, with or without vision, i do not want to see "N mode   In flight" ; why not show the actual flight mode thus  ATTI  or ATTI vision....
Seeing the "incorrect N  in Flight" mode gives me a false feeling of flying 'normal'!  (for sure if you missed the messages/warnings looking at your drone and not the screen)

Just for info

When the GPS icon turns from red into amber than drone is flying in a GPS stabilized mode. (so the height limit of 5 meter is reset to user max height setting)
Distance shows - - m ; this is seen when the number of GPS sats are low and/or GPS health is low. The moment the GPS icon top right changes into white HP is set and distance starts to indicate and ofcourse the H icon is seen in the radar/attitude indicator.

cheers
JJB

VeryShortMessage.png
2022-6-27
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

Hi JJB,
I do not know enough to comment on some of the items, but one is what I have mentioned a few times quite some time ago, but never had a response to.
Many of the messages are definitely to short on the screen. If you are flying and keep an eye on the drone, you do not even know if a warning message has been displayed. I have suggested a few time to DJI that if they generate a special short beep at the time a message comes up, you would know too look down at the display. This should not be difficult to generate in the software. I hope some one else can assist you with the other strange problems.
Cheers
2022-6-27
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

kyalami Posted at 6-27 05:48
Hi JJB,
I do not know enough to comment on some of the items, but one is what I have mentioned a few times quite some time ago, but never had a response to.
Many of the messages are definitely to short on the screen. If you are flying and keep an eye on the drone, you do not even know if a warning message has been displayed. I have suggested a few time to DJI that if they generate a special short beep at the time a message comes up, you would know too look down at the display. This should not be difficult to generate in the software. I hope some one else can assist you with the other strange problems.

Hi,

Hope that DJI will give a response.

Short beer of vibration to alert for an importamnt warning would be nice.
And keep it on the screen, user to tap it away so it has been read!

cheers
JJB
2022-6-27
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

JJB* Posted at 6-27 10:44
Hi,

Hope that DJI will give a response.

Yes, that would also be a good idea to keep the warning on the screen. Then you have the opportunity to see it and can then tap it away. Hope DJI comes back about this and to your first questions.
Cheers.

Just keeping this on top, so its easy for DJI to find it and come back.
2022-6-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi DJI,

Still waiting for your response...

cheers
JJB
2022-7-1
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

JJB* Posted at 7-1 06:04
Hi DJI,

Still waiting for your response...

Hasn't it been solved with 1.6.8.
2022-7-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

MySky Posted at 7-1 10:35
Hasn't it been solved with 1.6.8.

not yet flown on .8    guess not....
2022-7-1
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

amazing     no reaction from DJI
2022-7-8
Use props
LoveYou
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

JJB* Posted at 7-8 07:15
amazing     no reaction from DJI

After Frank Wang leave DJI they have no communication with their customers.
2022-7-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

with regards to point 1) might I suggest an alternative solution and one which is applicable to ALL those red warning messages, the suggestion is .......shrink the font size or expand message windows width.....so that the message fits the space available.
With my small screen size all those red warning messages are truncated, it's blooming annoying and I bet the cause of much of the confusion where people think the DRONE has disconnected from the controller when in fact the warning is due to the PHONE being disconnected from the controller.

Just a point, position holding using VPS is much better than position holding using GPS and I am sure that when VPS is available the drone uses it in preference to GPS.
This stems from a comparison of eye level hovers during the day and during the night. During the day the drone was cm perfect, in the dark there was significant drift.
2022-7-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-15 08:51
with regards to point 1) might I suggest an alternative solution and one which is applicable to ALL those red warning messages, the suggestion is .......shrink the font size or expand message windows width.....so that the message fits the space available.
With my small screen size all those red warning messages are truncated, it's blooming annoying and I bet the cause of much of the confusion where people think the DRONE has disconnected from the controller when in fact the warning is due to the PHONE being disconnected from the controller.

HI
So what is difference in the daylight hover stability performance in and out of vision range?
Out of vision range = only GPS  = equals night.

I do not see any difference in day / night hover stability.

cheers
JJB
2022-7-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I saw maybe 2 to 3 ft when the Mini 1 or 2 was GPS only, it was enough that I either did not hand catch or did so side on to the droned and at arm's length. My normal hand catching would be face on and at little more than forearm's length. With VPS and a good solid surface beneath the drone I am quite serious it is in, windless conditions, within 3cm.
2022-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules