740 31 2022-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bussty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

dji_export_downsize final Panorama-d.jpg
Been spending a few days testing out the Mini 3 Pro and was nice to grab this shot just before dark last night. Was also very handy to be able to tilt the gimbal up and capture this. Mini 3 Pro appears to have a lot more dynamic range than the Mini 1. This was a 8 shot manual vertical pano.

Fullsize Google Drive Link  
2022-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bussty. Good day and thank you for sharing this impressive photo that you have captured. Great shot and keep flying. .
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remarkable shot Bussty.  
2022-6-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-27 03:54
Hello there Bussty. Good day and thank you for sharing this impressive photo that you have captured. Great shot and keep flying.  .

Thanks Stephen really enjoying the Mini 3 Pro
2022-6-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 04:06
Remarkable shot Bussty.

Thank you Downtown! Can't wait to really get out in the field (that's from the back yard) not sure if you know but there is irony in your comment as the mountain range those clouds sit over is called the Remarkables
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely dramatic.
2022-6-27
Use props
enricorc_cz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609390 ft
Czechia

Great shot!
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 6-27 04:34
Thank you Downtown! Can't wait to really get out in the field (that's from the back yard) not sure if you know but there is irony in your comment as the mountain range those clouds sit over is called the Remarkables

What a coincidence.  

You've got quite the view from your back yard.  
2022-6-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-27 05:39
What a coincidence.  

You've got quite the view from your back yard.

Thank you!

Yes perfect place to live for having a drone you can send up to capture the many changing moods here

https://www.360cities.net/image/ ... s-estate-queenstown
2022-6-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Thank you!
2022-6-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Thank you Bleriot!  How the orientation phase with the drone going? Quite a bit to get the head round for me coming from the Mini 1
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 6-27 12:18
Thank you Bleriot!  How the orientation phase with the drone going? Quite a bit to get the head round for me coming from the Mini 1

Same here!  Just this minute brought it in from an evening flight. Still getting to grips with the RC for setting master shots and so forth. I definitely need more practice. The gimbal still vibrates on start-up sometimes, but a gentle tap stops it. Not sure if it's a problem I should be concerned about. Everything else seems fine - and I can reach VLOS limit in all directions, which is good enough for me.
2022-6-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 12:42
Same here!  Just this minute brought it in from an evening flight. Still getting to grips with the RC for setting master shots and so forth. I definitely need more practice. The gimbal still vibrates on start-up sometimes, but a gentle tap stops it. Not sure if it's a problem I should be concerned about. Everything else seems fine - and I can reach VLOS limit in all directions, which is good enough for me.

Maybe take a video of the gimbal shake and post here? I'm sure there is enough experience here to figure out if it's a return case or not might be better addressing now rather than later? My gimbal makes a little noise when it starts up but less than half a second but I must have a close look and see if it's vibrating. Very happy with lens clarity, some of the earlier units were a little concerning from what was posted here.

The upward swing of the gimbal is a massive feature on this drone and makes it unique in the current prosumer line up for DJI I think I will be using it a lot as tend to take a lot of shots including clouds :-)

Haven't tried range yet but managed to easily fly the drone above my house when being well inside the house and completely blocked from the drone, was quite amazed actually, there must be a lot of radio waves bouncing and reflecting off walls etc?
2022-6-27
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bussty Posted at 6-27 12:14
Thank you!  

Yes perfect place to live for having a drone you can send up to capture the many changing moods here

You're very welcome.  

Nice link - looks really nice after that dusting of snow.  
2022-6-27
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 6-27 13:53
Maybe take a video of the gimbal shake and post here? I'm sure there is enough experience here to figure out if it's a return case or not might be better addressing now rather than later? My gimbal makes a little noise when it starts up but less than half a second but I must have a close look and see if it's vibrating. Very happy with lens clarity, some of the earlier units were a little concerning from what was posted here.

The upward swing of the gimbal is a massive feature on this drone and makes it unique in the current prosumer line up for DJI I think I will be using it a lot as tend to take a lot of shots including clouds :-)

I've put the Mini3 on the table in the house and switched it on and off several times - and not once did I get the gimbal vibration.  However I do notice that the gimbal doen't perform a mad dance like the M2Z or the Mini One to align itself. It just flicks up to horizontal, a couple of minor twitches to left and right, and it's good to go.  Is this normal, I'm wondering. I can't remember noticing what exactly it did on startup the first time I lit it up.
Yes there are many features and settings to master on this little powerhouse.  I reckon it's going to take me a while - especially with our unpredictable weather.
2022-6-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great Shot    
2022-6-27
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 6-27 21:01
I've put the Mini3 on the table in the house and switched it on and off several times - and not once did I get the gimbal vibration.  However I do notice that the gimbal doen't perform a mad dance like the M2Z or the Mini One to align itself. It just flicks up to horizontal, a couple of minor twitches to left and right, and it's good to go.  Is this normal, I'm wondering. I can't remember noticing what exactly it did on startup the first time I lit it up.
Yes there are many features and settings to master on this little powerhouse.  I reckon it's going to take me a while - especially with our unpredictable weather.

That sounds about what my gimbal does. Hope that weather clears for you soon
2022-6-28
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Thanks DAFlys
2022-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Super nice capture!
2022-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 6-28 03:25
That sounds about what my gimbal does. Hope that weather clears for you soon

Weather forecasting in the UK always seems like guesswork
2022-6-28
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

nice shot
2022-6-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Good Job Bussty. Beautiful..
2022-6-28
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 6-28 07:00
Weather forecasting in the UK always seems like guesswork

Lol you should check out Zoom Earth you can see it coming
2022-6-28
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 6-28 11:26
Good Job Bussty. Beautiful..

Thanks Hallmark really enjoying the drone. RC is a game changer for how fast I can get it ready to take images. Using the old phone system I would have probably missed that shot. Also helped having a years Geo Zone unblock through Flysafe.
2022-6-28
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Thank you Andre
2022-6-28
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Thank Montfrooij hopefully the first of a new era
2022-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bussty Posted at 6-28 11:51
Lol you should check out Zoom Earth you can see it coming

Sometimes it's better not to know
2022-6-28
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

Blériot53 Posted at 6-28 11:55
Sometimes it's better not to know

So true!
2022-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its my pleasure.     
2022-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bussty Posted at 6-28 11:54
Thank Montfrooij hopefully the first of a new era

You're welcome!
Yeah indeed
2022-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Bussty Posted at 6-27 04:31
Thanks Stephen really enjoying the Mini 3 Pro

Hi there Bussty. You are very much welcome and it is always my pleasure to see your work. Have a safe and a happy flying always. .
2022-6-29
Use props
Bussty
Second Officer
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-29 20:39
Hi there Bussty. You are very much welcome and it is always my pleasure to see your work. Have a safe and a happy flying always.  .

Very kind, thank you
2022-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules