Cannot connect between RC and iPad
523 1 2022-6-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
donaldj001
New

United States

Hello all,

I would like to use my iPad when piloting my drone. The app gets as far as the RC section of the Connection wizard, then stops there. I am able to connect with my iPhone, so do not believe it's an issue with the controller, but maybe a communications issue?

The details:
DJI Mini 2 (firmware updated)
iPad Air 4th Gen (iOS 15.5)
DJI Fly app (version 1.6.6)
USB C to USB C cable (Apple) (confirmed to work with other applications)

Things I've tried:
Alternate cable
Uninstall / reinstall app
Reboot iPad
Power off/on RC.
Power off/on Mini 2.

2022-6-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there donaldj001. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After checking the mobile device ( iPad Air 4th Gen ) that you are using on your DJI Mini 2 and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the mobile device is not yet recommended for the DJI Fly application. DJI suggests using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the iPad Air 4th Gen will be able to work on the DJI Fly application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said DJI application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Fly application while using it. For reference I will post a link where in you can check the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Fly application ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly ). Kindly please rest assure that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Fly application in the future. Thank you.

2022-6-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules