2226 9 2022-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey DJI I just got a Copyright claim from You Tube because your music in my mastershot that you provide seems to be copyrighted

This is the music I mean. I think you should only use copyright free music in your editor etc

2022-6-28
Use props
kyalami
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

That can happen some time as YouTube using robots. Just claim that it is DJI copyright free music and see what happens. I use SmartSound copyright free music and get this now and again, so I just say SmartSound in my counter claim and never hear from them again.
2022-6-28
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get those all the time, as long as you are not monetized....I just note the music details in my description.  Click the DETAILS link to see how it affects your video.  Personally, I think DJI should use copyright free music only because many will not know or understand....

Per YT:

"You'll know if your video is affected by a Content ID claim if, in your copyright notices, you see the phrase "Includes copyrighted content". Usually, the claim is just to track or monetize the video, not to block it. So, your video remains live with those claims (but may have ads on it) and you can still share it with others.

Content ID claims don't result in copyright strikes, channel suspensions, or channel termination."
2022-6-28
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for the information. It is odd because I just looked and the copyright claim note is gone
2022-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bigplumbs. Thank you for reaching out and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

There is a lot of companies making money from claiming music.
2022-6-29
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33996 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 6-29 00:41
There is a lot of companies making money from claiming music.

And being a Chinese company, DJI surely would never break any kind of copyright.
2022-6-29
Use props
Prairie Chicken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

Being an American, you would never single out China for doing something the whole world does.

To the OP, I've gotten false positives from YouTube on copyright-free music. It's just a fault in their imperfect software and nothing to worry about.

2022-6-29
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HamDesigner Posted at 6-29 07:24
And being a Chinese company, DJI surely would never break any kind of copyright.

as they say - it is RIGHT there in the name. Copyright = Right to Copy!
2022-6-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HamDesigner Posted at 6-29 07:24

They rather change it just enough.
2022-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules