M30T Low Light Issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SgtMcCorkle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2632743 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I'm noticing when I'm in low light mode in the zoom camera, I am getting a white bar of light across the center of the view.
It grows with increased zoom.
It must be IR related but how can I correct it since it's dead center of the image?

Thank you
2022-6-28
Use props
adamcphillips
New

United States

Did you ever find the fix to this issue? I'm having the same problem.
2023-2-22
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5183763 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a limitation on the amount of light the Auto Night Scene Mode can make usable.
I noticed when the drone is shooting a photo at a  higher than 20' AGL, the low light starts to become ineffective unless supplemented by some other light source, i.e. streetlights.
I uploaded a couple of screenshot photos. Please note the altitude and zoom magnification.
I took a photo of myself from 150' AGL with a 56x zoom. I'm about 40' from a flood light. The other shots at 90' at 80x, it looks like there is an emitter from the camera that you can see the bar illuminating a pipe attachment on a roof.
I would like to know if this is normal and just a limitation of the Night Scene Mode.

2023-6-9
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I opened a ticket with the DJI Support to review what we are seeing with the Auto Night Scene Mode.
2023-6-12
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Here is another example of the "white bar" issue. Taken 90' AGL at 5X.

2023-6-12
Use props
HD Pilot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I received this solution from DJI Support.

Problem Description:
When the night mode is turned on, there is a square glare in the middle of the video transmission screen, which constantly appears at the center position of the screen.

Problem Cause:
The enhancement mode is turned on in the laser module, causing the module to emit lasers, leading to glare on the screen.

Solution:
The glare in the video transmission screen of the M30 series is caused by laser emission. You can go to the app settings and set the laser to “on-demand”, and the glare in the video will disappear.

This corrects the white bar issue.  Tested and it is resolved.

2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules