LEGO space display Shot entirely on the Osmo Pocket 2
853 9 2022-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

Hey all, here's a recent shoot I did for a friend, I shot the project entirely on the Osmo Pocket 2. The display takes 3 hours to setup. Its's 7 feet tall, 7 feet wide, and 5 feet deep.  It's fully animated with running tram cars and trains and he has built in LED lighting.  Hope you enjoy the video.

2022-6-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amazing modelling and splendid filming.
2022-6-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Arc Light. Good day and thank you for posting this cool video that you have filmed. Great work and have a nice day. .
2022-6-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Amazing stuff,   Lego is just amazing stuff.  
2022-6-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very creative!
2022-6-29
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Amazing, how did you set up the lighting?
2022-6-29
Use props
Arc Light
lvl.4
Canada

Many thanks for the kind comments all!

smbishop, To light this display I had two open face "redheads" 600w each of 3200K light through an overhead 6X6 silk for a base level light from above, to the rear right of the display I used an Aperture light dome 5600K to simulate moon light.  Out front to the left of the setup I had a 1X1 Led 3200K running about 75% output  through an 3X3 Silk providing some fill light, and finally I had a small 150w Dedo Light with pattern projector; projecting a faint moon like planet against the black background on camera right.  The Osmo Pocket 2 was set for 3200K, shooting at 120FPS at an exposure index of 400.  I would have loved to shoot at a lower Exposure index but the with the camera shooting at 120 frames per second and a limited lighting budget I had to rely on the EI at 400.  Overall I was pretty happy with the performance of the camera and the gimbal and small size meant I was able to fly the camera into tight areas on set.  I think it worked very well in that situation!
2022-6-29
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1786919 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arc Light Posted at 6-29 13:32
Many thanks for the kind comments all!

smbishop, To light this display I had two open face "redheads" 600w each of 3200K light through an overhead 6X6 silk for a base level light from above, to the rear right of the display I used an Aperture light dome 5600K to simulate moon light.  Out front to the left of the setup I had a 1X1 Led 3200K running about 75% output  through an 3X3 Silk providing some fill light, and finally I had a small 150w Dedo Light with pattern projector; projecting a faint moon like planet against the black background on camera right.  The Osmo Pocket 2 was set for 3200K, shooting at 120FPS at an exposure index of 400.  I would have loved to shoot at a lower Exposure index but the with the camera shooting at 120 frames per second and a limited lighting budget I had to rely on the EI at 400.  Overall I was pretty happy with the performance of the camera and the gimbal and small size meant I was able to fly the camera into tight areas on set.  I think it worked very well in that situation!

Thank you for sharing all of the details, it is quite impressive!
2022-6-30
Use props
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

I have two of these cameras, it is unreal what you can record with them because of their size. This is awesome.
2022-7-1
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Such an amazing design and build, and brilliant, epic-looking footage. You've both done a splendid job :-)
2022-7-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules