What is the best way to attatch a monitor?
969 2 2022-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KuuskMedia
lvl.1

Estonia

Hello everybody!

So I just recently got into filmmaking and the my cameras monitor is to small for shooting and so I'm looking to buy a monitor to improve my footage. I tried searching the google, but did not find any answers. As far as I understand that, one way to attatch a monitor is to buy smallrigs monitor arm? But I already have a dual handles bought for my gimbal (DJI RSC 2)  
Now do I still need to buy that smallrigh monitor arm in order to attatch a monitor to my gimbal or can I somehow attatch a monitor to my dual handles or do they work together, the smallrigs arm and dual handles. Or what other possible options do I have?

Enjoy Your summer You all!
2022-6-29
Use props
DroneTinker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190791 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I bought a monitor and connected but I must say the cable is not very comfortable. Apart from the risk of damaging the ports it's very cumbersome. If you go with this route, make sure to get a thinnest possible cable that is also very flexible. I ended up ordering RavenEye and hope to use with smartophone as a monitor. Attached the monitor with a SmallRig handle on the NATO port.
2022-6-29
Use props
Nivek1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79364 ft
  • >>>
United States

SMALLRIG Field Monitor Holder Mount with Cold Shoe for 5 inch and 7 inch Monitor, Swivel and Tilt - BSE2346 https://a.co/d/1GatwVW

I have that one and it works well on either my camera’s cage if I’m on a monopod or one of the cold shoe mounts on the dual twist grip. None are ideal, for me anyway. I think I’m gonna put it on the rear handle that came with the rs3 and see how it goes.
2022-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules