Gimble issue Air 2s - vertical wide angle pano shots
726 0 2022-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
John Ansorge
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1106250 ft
United States

Question: I like to shoot vertical (90 degee downward ) wide angle pano shots. It’s tricky as wind usually plagues my mini2 to complete the maneuver. I have only had my Air2S about a month and have have taken several with usual success but this weekend I had a couple of gimbal malfunctions (in no-wind  very calm conditions) where on shot #3-#4 while the drone is rotating 180 degrees to capture the pano behind the original position, the gimbal gets stuck sideways (at a 45 degree perspective to the right).  The remote left hand wheel control won’t move gimbal- I did not see any warning messages on DJI Fly (need to check telemetry data) but I flew home with this gimbal stuck pointing down and to the right. Landing sequence returned the gimbal to front and center.. I did a power cycle, replaced the battery and decided to return to the air and determine if I could repeat the error and I was able to repeat the same locked gimbal.  This time I double tapped the left function key and the stuck gimbal responded. I still could not shoot the vertical 9shot pano.  Has anyone experienced this issue?  I had a Freewell polarizing filter on the camera, perhaps that extra/different weight messed with gimbal functionality. I didn’t calibrate gimbal before flight, but did not get any errors.
2022-6-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules