1803 10 2022-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jfbond
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1240538 ft
Ireland

Hi everyone,

I have a DJI drone and have recorded videos in 4K 60fps.

I can playback these videos smoothly using mpv media player however none of the video editors I have tried seem to be able to handle the mp4 created with my drone: merely importing the video and playing it back in the editor is stuttering and slugish.

I have a good laptop:

CPU : 11th Gen Intel 7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz × 8
RAM: 32 GB

Anyone has a recommendation to fix this?

2022-6-29
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

I think your laptop is a bit slow for the job, especially with only 32 MB of RAM.
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there jfbond. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out what video editor they are using and the best recommendation with regards to this inquiry. Thank you.
2022-6-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Are you sure about the 32MB?
2022-6-29
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 6-29 23:14
Are you sure about the 32MB?

My mistake, it is 32 GB of RAM, naturally. I have edited my original post.
2022-6-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Geebax Posted at 6-29 15:01
I think your laptop is a bit slow for the job, especially with only 32 MB of RAM.

That was a typo
2022-6-29
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Ireland

Indeed ;)

Although Linux has some light weight distributions, I don't know of anything that would run on 32MB. Certainly not Ubuntu.

Anyhow my 4K 60fps videos play smoothly in mpv (media player).

The problem comes when I play my videos in video editors. I wonder if it is because none of them use hardware acceleration or if it is a problem with the codec (H265). I was hoping that someone here had some tips.
2022-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

jfbond Posted at 6-30 02:55
Indeed ;)

Although Linux has some light weight distributions, I don't know of anything that would run on 32MB. Certainly not Ubuntu.

Hahahahahaha. Thought so.
I know this 'new' codec does give problems on some Windows and Mac PC's.
Not sure about Linux though.,
2022-6-30
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

jfbond Posted at 6-30 02:55
Indeed ;)

Although Linux has some light weight distributions, I don't know of anything that would run on 32MB. Certainly not Ubuntu.
The gold standard is Blackmagic's Da Vinci Resolve. It uses hardware acceleration (in fact it prefers it). There is a free version, but it has so much power it can be a steep learning curve. You can also elect to use downscaled proxies for editing if your computer is having trouble.
In terms of players, have you tried the free VLC Mediaplayer, it handles just about anything?
2022-6-30
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 6-30 14:59
The gold standard is Blackmagic's Da Vinci Resolve. It uses hardware acceleration (in fact it prefers it). There is a free version, but it has so much power it can be a steep learning curve. You can also elect to use downscaled proxies for editing if your computer is having trouble.
In terms of players, have you tried the free VLC Mediaplayer, it handles just about anything?

Thank you. I'll take a look into DaVinci Resolve.

As per the video player, I am using mpv (mpv.io) and it plays my 4k 60fps perfectly well.
2022-6-30
Use props
jfbond
lvl.4
Ireland

Geebax Posted at 6-30 14:59

update: I have installed DR 17.4.6 (latest stable version) and I am getting an error "Unsupported GPU Processing Mode".

DR 18 gets me the same result.

It is disappointing as this editor seems to be really good.

Thanks for the pointer anyway.
2022-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules