Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please DJI: RC Pro compatibility with Mini 3 Pro
12Next >
2751 63 2022-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Adiemask
lvl.4
Flight distance : 185659 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Please DJI. I purchased the Mavic 3 and upgraded the controller to the RC Pro (at considerable cost) and I find the RC Pro a worthy upgrade to the standard controller. I have recently purchased the Mini 3 Pro to compliment the Mavic 3 and, so far, I'm really impressed with the Mini 3 Pro but, what really frustrates me is the fact that I cannot use the RC Pro with the Mini 3 Pro! Please, please, please DJI make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 Pro, I've invested heavily in the DJI kit I have and I think it only fair that compatability between the RC Pro and the Mini 3 Pro is enabled given the loyalty to the brand that I have demonstrated. I do not feel that I should have to invest further in the RC for the Mini 3, not fair on DJI's part!
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Adiemask. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information on DJI's future update for the DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI RC Pro and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by visiting our official website at www.dji.com for details.  In addition, we will forward this information to the designated DJI Department for attention as well. Thank you.
2022-6-29
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 6-29 19:56
Hello there Adiemask. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. As of the moment, we do not have any information on DJI's future update for the DJI Mini 3 Pro, DJI RC Pro and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by visiting our official website at www.dji.com for details.  In addition, we will forward this information to the designated DJI Department for attention as well. Thank you.

OK, thank you DJI Stephen but that tells me nothing and gives me no hope that the use of the RC Pro with the Mini 3 will be provided anytime soon, still frustrated and feeling a little let down!
2022-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1.  Would be great for DJI to make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.  

I saw in another thread here on the forum where DJI was making the DJI RC compatible with the Mavic 3 but it mentioned no plans for RC Pro to be compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.  This just seems very counter intuitive to me but then again this is DJI.
2022-6-30
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-30 04:03
+1.  Would be great for DJI to make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.  

I saw in another thread here on the forum where DJI was making the DJI RC compatible with the Mavic 3 but it mentioned no plans for RC Pro to be compatible with the Mini 3 Pro.  This just seems very counter intuitive to me but then again this is DJI.

Additionally frustrating is the lack of information from DJI as to whether this is in their plans or definitely not, at least then I would be able to make a decision on the way forward, I really struggle with the standard controller for the Mini 3 with respect to my iPhone bombing out in terms of screen legibility (I am fortunate to live in a very sunny and warm climate).
2022-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Adiemask Posted at 6-30 04:23
Additionally frustrating is the lack of information from DJI as to whether this is in their plans or definitely not, at least then I would be able to make a decision on the way forward, I really struggle with the standard controller for the Mini 3 with respect to my iPhone bombing out in terms of screen legibility (I am fortunate to live in a very sunny and warm climate).

DJI has never been very open with communicating with their customers.  Could just be a part of the Chinese culture.

I spent a few great years stationed at the American Embassy in Madrid.  I am well aware of the great weather you have in Spain.  Planning a trip back to Spain and a few other countries next Spring.  
2022-6-30
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-30 05:07
DJI has never been very open with communicating with their customers.  Could just be a part of the Chinese culture.

I spent a few great years stationed at the American Embassy in Madrid.  I am well aware of the great weather you have in Spain.  Planning a trip back to Spain and a few other countries next Spring.

Assuming it is down to the Chinese culture perhaps DJI need to reconsider their approach regarding the international market they serve. Having used the RC Pro with the Mavic 3 I own I find it very difficult having to use the standard controller when flying the Mini 3! I seriously hope that DJI do the right thing for their loyal customers and provide, what I would consider a very easy step, and make the RC Pro compatible. Reading other similar postings it would appear that this is a wide ranging request on DJI, surely they cannot ignore it!
2022-6-30
Use props
djiuser_WNMKvutofePI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

It would be great if the RC Pro, and the new RC would be compatible with the Mini 2 as well.
2022-6-30
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

It is a shame for DJI. Why you can use the simple new RC now with the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 mini Pro but the Flagship RC Pro is not able to connect at this time to the Mini 3 Pro. That is really disapointed.
2022-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Adiemask Posted at 6-30 06:28
Assuming it is down to the Chinese culture perhaps DJI need to reconsider their approach regarding the international market they serve. Having used the RC Pro with the Mavic 3 I own I find it very difficult having to use the standard controller when flying the Mini 3! I seriously hope that DJI do the right thing for their loyal customers and provide, what I would consider a very easy step, and make the RC Pro compatible. Reading other similar postings it would appear that this is a wide ranging request on DJI, surely they cannot ignore it!

Agree.    
2022-7-1
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Please DJI make the Pro RC compatible with the Mini 3Pro.
I bought the Pro RC for my Mavic 3 two months ago and the Mini 3 pro when it came out hoping I could soon just use the Pro RC with both instead of having to buy two RCs with integrated screens. So I got the Mini with the standard controller.
On the technical side this should be a no brainer.
2022-7-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say this has absolutely nothing to do with Chinese culture and more to do with strategic product positioning. I'm fairly certain that the marketing team at DJI knows exactly what they are doing, and why.
2022-7-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 7-2 04:32
I would say this has absolutely nothing to do with Chinese culture and more to do with strategic product positioning. I'm fairly certain that the marketing team at DJI knows exactly what they are doing, and why.

I agree.  There's a bigger picture that has more to do with profitability then users wishes.  With that being said, I need the RC Pro to work with the M3P.
2022-7-2
Use props
fans33048e61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Additional request.  The DJI Rc has just been upgraded to take the Mavic 3 and Mini 3 surely the RC Pro will do the same..  
2022-7-2
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

All I want is a definitive statement from DJI on what their plans are regarding the RC Pro, there seems to be a reluctance on DJI’s part to provide this, we are left second guessing what the future holds. I want to make a decision on my way forward but we are told ‘maybe, wait and see’, as has already been pointed out, DJI know their plans, I don’t understand why we cannot be enlightened and in turn any of their prospective customers where we can all make informed decisions. If DJI are still reluctant to put this in the public domain then I would be happy to receive this information personally (I’d be happy to sign a ‘non disclosure’).....
2022-7-4
Use props
FPVin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 300502 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Adiemask Posted at 7-4 02:25
All I want is a definitive statement from DJI on what their plans are regarding the RC Pro, there seems to be a reluctance on DJI’s part to provide this, we are left second guessing what the future holds. I want to make a decision on my way forward but we are told ‘maybe, wait and see’, as has already been pointed out, DJI know their plans, I don’t understand why we cannot be enlightened and in turn any of their prospective customers where we can all make informed decisions. If DJI are still reluctant to put this in the public domain then I would be happy to receive this information personally (I’d be happy to sign a ‘non disclosure’).....

Totally agree.  I'm on the edge of purchasing the DJI RC but already have the RC Pro..  If I did purchase this, it would not only add costs, but makes two devices redundant (New DJI RC and the current the RC-N1) if they provided the firmware update.

The big one coming out the woodwork of late is adding unnecessary E-waste!  This is one of the reasons CAA are looking to extend UK current drone laws reducing E-waste of old drones being made redundant..

Only time will tell.  
2022-7-5
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Adiemask Posted at 7-4 02:25
All I want is a definitive statement from DJI on what their plans are regarding the RC Pro, there seems to be a reluctance on DJI’s part to provide this, we are left second guessing what the future holds. I want to make a decision on my way forward but we are told ‘maybe, wait and see’, as has already been pointed out, DJI know their plans, I don’t understand why we cannot be enlightened and in turn any of their prospective customers where we can all make informed decisions. If DJI are still reluctant to put this in the public domain then I would be happy to receive this information personally (I’d be happy to sign a ‘non disclosure’).....

so who else will tell you their plans?  apple?  samsung?  gopro?  audi?  google?

i think it is pretty standard to not put your future plans (strategic or tactic) on the record in public.  especially this far in advance.  as they get closer, perhaps but at this point, why commit to it if you don't know for sure?  unfortunately if you say something, consumers will hold you to it.

so how does dji know you're are not from autel asking for their plans so you can decide if you want to make the autel smart controller work with the nano/lite series drones?  not that it's a big deal but a company is foolish to answer questions like this.

all consumers and customers can make an "informed" decision based on all the available information.  you're not going to get perfect data but with the internet, you can do the research and you'll pickup on all kinds of stuff from technical compatibility to pricing to past actions and compared to the 90s, you are way more capable of figuring this out without hearing directly from dji.

you'll also learn that you cannot get a definitive statement from dji on their plans.  but they probably already have rc pros in the office that work with the mini 3 pro.  ;)
2022-7-5
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

The Saint Posted at 7-5 12:25
so who else will tell you their plans?  apple?  samsung?  gopro?  audi?  google?

i think it is pretty standard to not put your future plans (strategic or tactic) on the record in public.  especially this far in advance.  as they get closer, perhaps but at this point, why commit to it if you don't know for sure?  unfortunately if you say something, consumers will hold you to it.

Point taken, just airing my frustration…… ;)
2022-7-5
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

The Saint Posted at 7-5 12:25

i think it is pretty standard to not put your future plans (strategic or tactic) on the record in public.  especially this far in advance.  as they get closer, perhaps but at this point, why commit to it if you don't know for sure?  unfortunately if you say something, consumers will hold you to it.

Point taken, just airing my frustration
2022-7-5
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Only reason I also want Mini3 compatibility with the RC Pro is to feel not as 'screwed' by DJI. Otherwise can't see anything that the RC Pro can do better than the RC when using the Mini3.
2022-7-5
Use props
KnNLmS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

DJI tries to make as much money as possible. So they extend DJI RC support first which they want to sell as much as possible. After some time, absolutely they will extend support for RC Pro, so who doesn't like screen brightness of DJI RC in day light will buy RC Pro too. .
2022-7-5
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Monkey007 Posted at 7-5 13:35
Only reason I also want Mini3 compatibility with the RC Pro is to feel not as 'screwed' by DJI. Otherwise can't see anything that the RC Pro can do better than the RC when using the Mini3.

Try them on a sunny day with no shade and you'll feel the difference!
2022-7-6
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

KnNLmS Posted at 7-5 23:46
DJI tries to make as much money as possible. So they extend DJI RC support first which they want to sell as much as possible. After some time, absolutely they will extend support for RC Pro, so who doesn't like screen brightness of DJI RC in day light will buy RC Pro too. .

I personally do not see any threat from RC Pro to RC sales as RC Pro is 4x more expensive, but who knows
2022-7-6
Use props
Dominik__W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1112218 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Support for the Mini 3 from the RC Pro is something that needs to be done by DJI
2022-7-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

alex_markov Posted at 7-6 22:43
Try them on a sunny day with no shade and you'll feel the difference!

Thank you! Now I'm feeling even less 'screwed' by DJI
2022-7-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

alex_markov Posted at 7-6 22:45
I personally do not see any threat from RC Pro to RC sales as RC Pro is 4x more expensive, but who knows

I'm predicting the compatibility will come, but it'll only come when the sales of the DJI RC has slowed down. DJI makes much more money selling the RC than the RC Pro, simply because of the irresistible Bang For Bucks factor. Who wants to pay more than 3 times the price when the RC is already so good?
2022-7-7
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Monkey007 Posted at 7-7 12:19
I'm predicting the compatibility will come, but it'll only come when the sales of the DJI RC has slowed down. DJI makes much more money selling the RC than the RC Pro, simply because of the irresistible Bang For Bucks factor. Who wants to pay more than 3 times the price when the RC is already so good?

My prediction is they'll make it compatible in the moment they start selling bare Mini 3 ;)
2022-7-7
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

alex_markov Posted at 7-7 21:26
My prediction is they'll make it compatible in the moment they start selling bare Mini 3 ;)

Absolutely! I forgot all about that too.
2022-7-7
Use props
MHM
lvl.4

United States

Exactly ……… which will be at the end of the month….. fingers crossed.
2022-7-12
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Actually your prediction and mine don't contradict each other; it's quite likely DJI won't start selling the bare Mini3 before they've sold enough units of the RC
2022-7-13
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I’m sure they will but after a while.
If you take the Air 2s as an example, that didn’t get RC Pro support till 6-8 months after its launch.
2022-7-13
Use props
fans0e840b15
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe when the Air 2 sales slow down they will unlock the RC Proto be compatible with the Mini 3 Pro! Hopefully!
2022-7-25
Use props
MHM
lvl.4

United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-13 13:20
Actually your prediction and mine don't contradict each other; it's quite likely DJI won't start selling the bare Mini3 before they've sold enough units of the RC

Amazon is now shipping the Mini 3 pro only with no remote.  
2022-7-26
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

MHM Posted at 7-26 13:25
Amazon is now shipping the Mini 3 pro only with no remote.

Let's hope we'll get this new firmware update for the RC Pro real soon.
2022-7-26
Use props
pjglad
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

MHM Posted at 7-26 13:25
Amazon is now shipping the Mini 3 pro only with no remote.

I checked Amazon but I could not find Mini 3 Pro only. Do you have a link?
2022-7-27
Use props
Skyrider1160
lvl.2

United States

pjglad Posted at 7-27 07:41
I checked Amazon but I could not find Mini 3 Pro only. Do you have a link?
Let me see what I can find
2022-7-27
Use props
fans0e799bbb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75367 ft
United States

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WDCD4FT/
2022-7-27
Use props
Skyrider1160
lvl.2

United States

fans0e799bbb Posted at 7-27 13:05
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WDCD4FT/

Thank you for finding the link ….. only 3 left in stock
2022-7-27
Use props
Adiemask
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

The stars appear to be aligning!
2022-7-27
Use props
fly.overflying
lvl.3
United States

Monkey007 Posted at 7-13 13:20

I don't believe DJI will screw up all these customers who already bought the Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller, that would be a slap in the face since the option for the RC Pro was never offered during the check out process. Maybe few years from now.
2022-7-29
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules