Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Airsense for Mini 3 Pro
4848 10 2022-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_9oOxnoOgtGI2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38068 ft
United States

Is it technically possible to add AirSense functionality with just future firmware update for Mini 3 Pro?
2022-6-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

No, the drone will need to have an ADSB receiver installed in it of which would put the Mini 3 Pro past the 250g weight limit.
2022-6-29
Use props
djiuser_9oOxnoOgtGI2
lvl.1
United States

thank you - OK, I wouldn't care about the weight, not at all ..
but I love the drone, and having that extra layer of safety from AirSense (manned aircraft nearby warning i.e.) I had with MavicAir2, I would have next question:
what is a reliable tool/android app (I use DJI RC as a controler with my M3P, so I can have my phone for sth else), to track and get warning about aircrafts flying nearby?
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information on DJI's future update for the DJI Mini 3 Pro and with regards to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2022-6-29
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Airsense is a bit of a pointless feature many aircraft don’t transmit and if below 120 m you should be below manned aircraft
2022-6-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

djiuser_9oOxnoOgtGI2 Posted at 6-29 19:01
but I love the drone, and having that extra layer of safety from AirSense (manned aircraft nearby warning i.e.) I had with MavicAir2, I would have next question:
what is a reliable tool/android app (I use DJI RC as a controler with my M3P, so I can have my phone for sth else), to track and get warning about aircrafts flying nearby?

Use an app called Flight Radar. It is very handy and if the manned aircraft is transmitting ADSB then this app will surely pick it up. The free app version works very well with the exception to a few ADs.
2022-6-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_9oOxnoOgtGI2 Posted at 6-29 19:01

I use Flightradar24 to track the planes in the area,  its amazing how many fly below 400ft.
2022-6-29
Use props
djiuser_9oOxnoOgtGI2
lvl.1
United States

OK, great - yes exactly many planes below 400ft espacially if you operate close to the airports,
and helicopters around highways /-:

thanks guys
2022-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-29 21:45
Airsense is a bit of a pointless feature many aircraft don’t transmit and if below 120 m you should be below manned aircraft

You must not have any helicopters in your area.  
2022-6-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-30 03:59
You must not have any helicopters in your area.

Nope not in the UK
2022-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah, right.  
2022-7-1
Use props
Advanced