Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to prevent RC to disable WiFi?
12Next >
6489 49 2022-6-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

My RC disables WiFi every time and to sinc logs I need to enable it again How to prevent it from doing this???
2022-6-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1,   Its getting tedious to have to keep turning it back on and I can't find any settings for it.
2022-6-29
Use props
herasymcuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18881 ft
Italy

With the latest fw, wifi is disabled before the drone take off to reduce interferences with the signal. But you can tap on the wifi icon to turn on it again.
2022-6-29
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I am having this same issue. I have checked the Fly app settings but cannot find a way to turn off that feature. Why did DJI do this
2022-6-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alex_markov. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will forward this post to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2022-6-29
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-29 22:44
+1,   Its getting tedious to have to keep turning it back on and I can't find any settings for it.

I think it was a bad move on DJI's part to disable wifi before take-off.  They need to fix the range issue properly and remove the wifi auto-disable from the next firmware upgrade.  
2022-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-30 03:53
I think it was a bad move on DJI's part to disable wifi before take-off.  They need to fix the range issue properly and remove the wifi auto-disable from the next firmware upgrade.

I can’t say it’s made any difference to the range since they did this so it hasn’t worked.
2022-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 03:54
I can’t say it’s made any difference to the range since they did this so it hasn’t worked.

Very true.  Was a bad attempt by DJI that they thought might help increase range.  Now just hope DJI deprecates that change in the Fly App coding.

There is quite a bit of speculation that it has to do with previous drones had the antenna in the legs and since the Mini 3 Pro is legless (besides nubbies) the antennas are internal and that degrades signal reception.  
2022-6-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't think you can, with the current firmware version Alex. It needs to be restarted manually, which is annoying.  Maybe this will be adressed in a future update.
2022-6-30
Use props
HamDesigner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 33996 ft
United States

Thankfully I'll never fly ours so far away that I'd have range issues - but from what I've seen on the subject, it doesn't have anything to do with the antennas being in the arms.  If this were the case, every single one of them would have range issues.
I also don't understand DJI's "feature" they added since apparently it makes zero difference whether the wireless network adaptor is turned on or off.
2022-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 6-30 04:55
Very true.  Was a bad attempt by DJI that they thought might help increase range.  Now just hope DJI deprecates that change in the Fly App coding.

There is quite a bit of speculation that it has to do with previous drones had the antenna in the legs and since the Mini 3 Pro is legless (besides nubbies) the antennas are internal and that degrades signal reception.

Well a big update just dropped so lets hope there's an option now.
2022-6-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 07:12
Well a big update just dropped so lets hope there's an option now.

I just saw where the update for both the Mini 3 and the RC.  Time to get out the fan to keep the drone cool and start updating.  
2022-7-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 04:07
I just saw where the update for both the Mini 3 and the RC.  Time to get out the fan to keep the drone cool and start updating.

Yes,  I had to do it twice,  .200 was quickly replaced with .201 with fixes for the landscape messages.  
2022-7-2
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

DAFlys Posted at 6-30 03:54

Disabling Wifi definitely reduces interference, that's for sure.
You may or may not notice a significant difference.  At the same time, I never noticed any range issues, but certain people did.   So it may have made a difference for them, however small.

Wifi and Bluetooth staying on was speculated to be one of the cause of range issues by some youtubers, and some here in this forum.   So at least DJI was quick to respond.
2022-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 00:43
Yes,  I had to do it twice,  .200 was quickly replaced with .201 with fixes for the landscape messages.

Fortunately for me I never knew about .200 and went straight to .201.  My only complaint with the 2nd Mini 3 at this time is that as soon as HP is set it reverts back into CE mode which always shortens range.  I'm using a temporary fix that was posted in a YT video but it's a pain to do each and every flight.  I did chat with DJI Support and they do NOT acknowledge it as a problem.  
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nosnoop Posted at 7-2 03:53
Disabling Wifi definitely reduces interference, that's for sure.
You may or may not notice a significant difference.  At the same time, I never noticed any range issues, but certain people did.   So it may have made a difference for them, however small.

Its made absolutely no difference to me at all,  the range is still exactly the same and If anything I would prefer to have an option to disable the feature as when using a hotspot for mapping its very frustrating to have to be delving into settings whilst the drone is in the air  
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-2 04:28
Fortunately for me I never knew about .200 and went straight to .201.  My only complaint with the 2nd Mini 3 at this time is that as soon as HP is set it reverts back into CE mode which always shortens range.  I'm using a temporary fix that was posted in a YT video but it's a pain to do each and every flight.  I did chat with DJI Support and they do NOT acknowledge it as a problem.

I saw a YouTube say he had that problem but I saw no mention of a fix.    But CE mode is certainly still getting some reasonable range here,  although Id love a FCC mode personally.   
2022-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 23:24
I saw a YouTube say he had that problem but I saw no mention of a fix.    But CE mode is certainly still getting some reasonable range here,  although Id love a FCC mode personally.

This is the YT that provided the temporary fix I'm using.  Seems to be a common problem.  Some pilots don't even realize that they are reverting back to CE mode.  I have no doubt there would be more complaints if they did.  
2022-7-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-3 05:56
This is the YT that provided the temporary fix I'm using.  Seems to be a common problem.  Some pilots don't even realize that they are reverting back to CE mode.  I have no doubt there would be more complaints if they did.  
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBHHL4_EWrE

I don't understand how that works,  seems like the bug isn't getting the home point set its just having it set too quickly.     
2022-7-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-3 23:37
I don't understand how that works,  seems like the bug isn't getting the home point set its just having it set too quickly.

Not sure why but once the HP is set it automatically changes to CE mode.  But if you follow the fix it keeps it from going into CE mode.  I'm not a techie so can't explain how that keeps it from going into CE mode, I just know it works.  I hope DJI will recognize that as an issue and fix it in an upcoming firmware update.  
2022-7-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-4 05:25
Not sure why but once the HP is set it automatically changes to CE mode.  But if you follow the fix it keeps it from going into CE mode.  I'm not a techie so can't explain how that keeps it from going into CE mode, I just know it works.  I hope DJI will recognize that as an issue and fix it in an upcoming firmware update.

I tried that fix but mine is starting in CE unlike his that starts in FCC so I sadly couldn't fool mine
2022-7-4
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-4 23:17
I tried that fix but mine is starting in CE unlike his that starts in FCC so I sadly couldn't fool mine

I'm sure it is region specific.  None of my other DJI drones start in FCC and then change to CE mode when HP is set.  Has to be something specific to the Mini 3.  At least the temporary fix is still working.  If that stops working then I'll probably just put the Mini 3 on a shelf and fly the Air 2S.
2022-7-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-5 03:58
I'm sure it is region specific.  None of my other DJI drones start in FCC and then change to CE mode when HP is set.  Has to be something specific to the Mini 3.  At least the temporary fix is still working.  If that stops working then I'll probably just put the Mini 3 on a shelf and fly the Air 2S.

Im hoping its not too long before they release another update,  there seems to be a few glitches happening since the update for a lot of people.  
2022-7-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-5 22:50
Im hoping its not too long before they release another update,  there seems to be a few glitches happening since the update for a lot of people.

Not sure what today's Fly App upgrade brought.  I didn't see an update for the RC or RC Pro.  But I used the RCN1 controller from the Mavic Air 2 to take the Mini 3 for a test flight.  For sure didn't fix the issue with reverting to CE mode after HP is set.  Didn't notice any other thing different so I have no idea what bugs or things they fixed.  As usual they were not very forthcoming with release notes.
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_WNMKvutofePI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

It would definitely be an improvement if we could opt out of having the Wi-Fi disabled.
2022-7-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-6 08:33
Not sure what today's Fly App upgrade brought.  I didn't see an update for the RC or RC Pro.  But I used the RCN1 controller from the Mavic Air 2 to take the Mini 3 for a test flight.  For sure didn't fix the issue with reverting to CE mode after HP is set.  Didn't notice any other thing different so I have no idea what bugs or things they fixed.  As usual they were not very forthcoming with release notes.

Darren made a video with the changes.

2022-7-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-6 22:06
Darren made a video with the changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6Pstg1dSQQ

Thanks for sharing the video DA.    Nice changes except for going backward on OA for FPS 50 and 60.  Maybe they'll bring it back in the next firmware.  I did see where a reddit user posted a reply he got back from DJI saying they recognize the reverting to CE mode from FCC when homeport is set issue and will fix it in a future firmware update.  Now that brings to mind - how does DJI definte future?  1 month, 2 months, 6 months?
2022-7-7
Use props
onymar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 564400 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-7 06:10
Thanks for sharing the video DA.    Nice changes except for going backward on OA for FPS 50 and 60.  Maybe they'll bring it back in the next firmware.  I did see where a reddit user posted a reply he got back from DJI saying they recognize the reverting to CE mode from FCC when homeport is set issue and will fix it in a future firmware update.  Now that brings to mind - how does DJI definte future?  1 month, 2 months, 6 months?

Darren wan’t actually recording at the time he tested OA in 4k60 in 1.6.8.
When testing 1.6.9 he was recording, hence why he thought it wasn’t working.

The latest v1.2 PDF still states OA not supported in high resolution video.

APAS is disabled when using Intelligent Flight Modes. It will be enabled automatically once the aircraft exits Intelligent Flight Modes. APAS is disabled when recording at a high resolution such as 1080p 120 fps, 2.7K 48/50/60 fps, or 4K 48/50/60 fps.

Would be a nice feature, but presume not enough cpu power.
2022-7-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

onymar Posted at 7-7 07:17
Darren wan’t actually recording at the time he tested OA in 4k60 in 1.6.8.
When testing 1.6.9 he was recording, hence why he thought it wasn’t working.

No doubt if they try to over use the CPU it will cause significant battery use and excessive heat issues.  As we know electronics don't play well under extreme heat conditions.  There are always limitations.
2022-7-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-7 06:10
Thanks for sharing the video DA.    Nice changes except for going backward on OA for FPS 50 and 60.  Maybe they'll bring it back in the next firmware.  I did see where a reddit user posted a reply he got back from DJI saying they recognize the reverting to CE mode from FCC when homeport is set issue and will fix it in a future firmware update.  Now that brings to mind - how does DJI definte future?  1 month, 2 months, 6 months?

Im guessing 6 months.
2022-7-7
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-7 22:54
Im guessing 6 months.

Man, if that is the case I guess I'll just keep doing the temporary fix.  I was kind of hoping it would be within a month or 2.  Oh well, if I get tired of doing the fix I can always fly the Air 2S or the Skydio 2+.  Or I could just sit inside with the AC on and drink cold beer.  
2022-7-8
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-8 06:45
Man, if that is the case I guess I'll just keep doing the temporary fix.  I was kind of hoping it would be within a month or 2.  Oh well, if I get tired of doing the fix I can always fly the Air 2S or the Skydio 2+.  Or I could just sit inside with the AC on and drink cold beer.

Go with the latter.   Im on my way.
2022-7-9
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-9 01:10
Go with the latter.   Im on my way.

No doubt Option 2 was the better choice.  
2022-7-9
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

what's the point for having wifi or bt on during flight?
2022-7-9
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

bxq Posted at 7-9 04:55
what's the point for having wifi or bt on during flight?

WiFi will be handy to share the internet to have up to date map... But Not this was my point - Why not enable it after landing? I need to re-enable it every time to sync my flight logs at home
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_WNMKvutofePI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133110 ft
Canada

This Wi-Fi issue is really getting annoying.  Almost as annoying as the FCC to CE mode disaster.  Today when I began loosing signal bars I had out of control Gimbal issues.
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_XhaipVAMiNZy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12887 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue here but it disables the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as I take off, I NEED the Wi-Fi for the live maps!
2022-7-11
Use props
djiuser_Gn02OiTL5mGa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4344373 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a DJI Mini 3 Pro as well same issues. I was reading everybody else's comments and I completely agree. They should fix the range issue or interference properly especially since doing this hasn't changed anything. I think like you guys were saying a firmware update to where it doesn't Auto disable the Wi-Fi. I do understand you can just swipe down the screen like a cell phone and click on Wi-Fi and turn it back on but nobody should have to if somebody wants their Wi-Fi off they can turn it off and that's the way it should be. Please DJI listen to everybody here and make a firmware update and still work on the interference issue but in a different way.
2022-7-20
Use props
djiuser_PINLj40RxjzB
New
United States

bxq Posted at 7-9 04:55
what's the point for having wifi or bt on during flight?

Live maps which can also affect your ability to change RTH.
2022-7-30
Use props
bxq
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3139314 ft
Poland

djiuser_PINLj40RxjzB Posted at 7-30 17:01
Live maps which can also affect your ability to change RTH.

why would you want or need to use those maps
2022-7-31
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules