Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I Bought This Today - "Video Timelapse Joysticks"
595 6 2022-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

Goodbye Hyperlapse photo/videos, hello Timelapse videos.

I bought these two joystick attachments for my Mini 3's RC-N1 controller. As I thought creating hyperlapse videos was more effort than it was worth for x amount of seconds.
The left photo show the parts including the attached controller joystick. The right show the attachment in action, pushing the joystick forward.
Out of the box, the attachment didn't work. The reason is the threaded bolt isn't long enough to push the joystick forward. You could fix this by getting a longer bolt, or do what I did and cut 2mm off the end of a matchstick and push it into the hole rubber base (the rubber base has a recess which the bolt locates in to). To get the matchstick out of the hole, I used a safety pin to break up the match and scrap it out.
After the fix, it works perfectly. I took it out for a spin, filmed for 09:30 mins and sped the footage up to around 30 secs using Davinci Resolve (free software).

I'm not endorsing the company I bought it from, but here's the seller's link at Ali Express https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004428132880.html Top 3C World.
I ordered in on the 23rd of June and it arrived today, the 30th June (I'm in the UK). Total price was £3.82.
There are cheaper options available, but you might have to wait longer for delivery.

The attachment is very secure on the head of the joystick. It's very easy to control the metres/second flight speed, just tighten/slacken the bolt.
I've no idea if it will fit the RC controller's joystick.

Joystick.jpg
2022-6-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now that's a novel and to my mind, neat idea........ but I see several problems.
I assume they are NOT meant to be permanently attached to the joystick.
If so and .....
1) if you decided you needed them whilst the drone was in flight and had to fit them I suspect they might be difficult to fit with the drone in flight without sending the drone all over the place and without a lanyard or resting place for the controller.
2) If loose or easily removable, I suspect they could be easily knocked off the joystick and lost, it might be an idea to tether them to the controller with some strong thread.
3) I doubt the following is true " joystick of the drone can be fixed at an angle through the screw knob;". From your photos, it looks as if they get nowhere near full joystick travel.
4) AND A BIGGY, if say you had them set up to give a fixed climb and forwards speed, what happens if you want reverse and descent etc. etc.? Especially if you needed the descent/reverse urgently.
5) the opposite of 1) i.e. disturbing the drone during removal etc..

Be careful in your experimentation with them.
2022-6-30
Use props
MS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 54469 ft
United Kingdom

You could permanently attach them if you wanted too, just unscrew them until the rubber base doesn't touch the controller.
1. They're easy to fit and remove, they just snap into place. It's not a three handed job.
2. They won't fall off at all. The only part that could fall off would be the rubber base when the bolt has been retracted. But there's enough friction between it and the bolt to stop that happening.
3. The statement is true. For Timelapse videos the amount of forward joystick movement is enough. If you wanted to fly at top speed, you'd need a longer bolt or put some packing material between the rubber base and controller as a temp solution.
4. For urgently, you could remove it from the joysticks. If you wanted to descent or reverse, you'd swivel the attachments around 180 degrees (clockwise direction) whilst still on the joysticks. Or just unscrew each bolt until you had "regular" control again.
5. I don't know. I ended the recording before I slackened off the bolt. So I wasn't concerned about that. Maybe hitting "pause" then removing them could be a solution?
2022-6-30
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fair enough, enjoy them.
2022-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MS. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting accessory that you have purchased for your DJI Mini 3 Pro's remote controller. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info. Those look interesting!
2022-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting idea,   looking forward to hearing how well they work.
2022-6-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules