5963 11 2022-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CreativeSky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I can see my flight records going through the DJI Go 4 app, even my old Inspire 1 & 2 and Phantom. So why does the Mavic 3 flight records not show up here as well? Do i have to go through the DJI Fly app?

-Houston

2022-6-30
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mavic 3 doesn't use the Go4 app.  You use the Fly app with the Mavic 3 so the logs are being written to:
DJI Fly/Flight Records on IOS when using the My Files app
and
Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord when using Fly on Android.
2022-6-30
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tony, Yes, I know that it is not the same app but the Inspire and Mavic used 2 different apps as well and my flight records show up for both craft in the Go4 app so I was wondering if there was something I did not do in order to make the Mavi3 show up in there as well. Try to navigate the log files using the Pro Controller is a bit of a challenge.
2022-6-30
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

CreativeSky Posted at 6-30 19:13
Tony, Yes, I know that it is not the same app but the Inspire and Mavic used 2 different apps as well and my flight records show up for both craft in the Go4 app so I was wondering if there was something I did not do in order to make the Mavi3 show up in there as well. Try to navigate the log files using the Pro Controller is a bit of a challenge.

Seeing your image from the other thread shows you did do though (albeit in metric only).  I’ve briefly looked myself a few months ago when I purchased it, but didn’t see it. I assume first it has to be connected? And where I are the logs as you show on the pro controller?
2022-7-1
Use props
Vtcats
lvl.4
Flight distance : 199518 ft
United States

CreativeSky Posted at 6-30 19:13

Seeing your image from the other thread shows you did do though (albeit in metric only).  I’ve briefly looked myself a few months ago when I purchased it, but didn’t see it. I assume first it has to be connected? And where I are the logs as you show on the pro controller?
2022-7-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So why does the Mavic 3 flight records not show up here as well.
Because there is no link or communication between DJI Fly and versions of DJI Go

Do i have to go through the DJI Fly app?
That's the only place you'll see records for flights done with DJI Fly.
2022-7-1
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, you can also see them at AirData.com, assuming your sync works.
2022-7-1
Use props
CreativeSky
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Vtcats Posted at 7-1 03:11
Seeing your image from the other thread shows you did do though (albeit in metric only).  I’ve briefly looked myself a few months ago when I purchased it, but didn’t see it. I assume first it has to be connected? And where I are the logs as you show on the pro controller?

The logs on the pro controller can be viewed from the home screen of the DJI Fly app. Press "Profile" and then "More  >" on the next screen. Make sure you are connected to wi-fi and once the "Flight data Center" screen comes up, give it a few seconds to load the data.

2022-7-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't speak about using a smart controller but when using the std (non smart ) controller and a phone, Android or iPhone, it is my experience that Go (used with a P3), Go4 (M2P/Z) and Fly (MM, Mini 2 & FPV) will show ONLY the logs recorded by the app in use. As per Labdoies post.I think I even copied, via a computer, logs from the storage folder of one app to the storage folder of another app and the copied logs were not visible in the 'wrong' app.

Even 'better' than that, and for reasons that are irrelevant, I use a pre version-1.2 Fly App for my mavic mini, a ver 1.3 Fly App for my Mini 2 and a version 1.5 App if I want a 2nd screen for my FPV. Each App version on it's own phone. I did try a couple of 1.2.xyz version but reverted to pre 1.2. for the Mavic Mini and didn't have the Mini 2 at the time. If I copy the Fly flight logs from, I think, the later 1.2 App version experiments and post ver 1.2 Apps to the Mavic Mini's phone, the pre 1.2 Fly app on that phone can not see the copied logs.
In fact I think it can not see ANY logs at all, including its own logs. It is quite a while since I tried such a copy hence the "I think".

2022-7-1
Use props
TorbenMayer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458415 ft
  • >>>
Iceland

I know this is a little bit of a cold thread already, but I want to bring it up again, since I think it's currently stupid the way it is.
The Go4 App had some experience level, which was completely useless, but fun to see. And in regards of flight history and what it looked like, it looked a lot better than the Fly (personal preference all the way though!).

Anways, I think DJI should implement a link between the Apps. Right now, my Go4 App stays at 71 flights and 78.521m from my Mavic 2 and the Phantom 4 I used to own. These are the stats that are from these drones ONLY.
In the Fly App however, I can only see the flight history of the Mavic 3 (as it is with the Go4 App), BUT, it states 96 flights and 138km in the overview, which is the total of the Mavic 3 AND the M2 and P4. So there is a link somewhere, it's just not well executed. Im fine if the Apps only track what they were connected to, but only, if there is a nice overview just on the Homepage. Like I can see my total distance flown in ft in this forum, but I can't see my total distance / flights / flight history just on the website, on one central location, not depending on any apps? That's kinda stupid in my opinion.
2022-11-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

TorbenMayer Posted at 11-15 12:09
I know this is a little bit of a cold thread already, but I want to bring it up again, since I think it's currently stupid the way it is.
The Go4 App had some experience level, which was completely useless, but fun to see. And in regards of flight history and what it looked like, it looked a lot better than the Fly (personal preference all the way though!).

So there is a link somewhere, it's just not well executed.
If there's a link for your flights, it's not working consistently
My DJI Fly app shows 515 km of flights but hasn't picked up any of the thousands of km of flights done with Go 4 on the same DJI account.
2022-11-15
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And does the Go4 app show any of your Fly app flown logs?
For me each app shows only the flights flown with it and that includes Go.
At some point I may copy logs from one app to the flight records folder of another app just to see if that recipient will show the logs from the other App but I would not be surprised if it will not.
2022-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules