Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI RC: buy it alone?
1414 24 2022-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that the new DJI RC, commonly called the screen RC, works with the Mavic 3 via a sw update, it appears you will be able to buy it alone in the future for around $309 instead of having to buy a Mini 3 Pro in order to get one.  I have the N1 already and I'm hopeful the RC Pro will be compatible with Mini 3 one day so I might be inclinded to sell my new DJI RC since we have a bigger audience; any Mavic 3 flyers interested?
https://www.dronenerds.com/produ ... art-controller.html

2022-6-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Available in the UK already at £255

https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-rc?vid=115461
2022-6-30
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 6-30 19:00
Available in the UK already at £255

https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-rc?vid=115461

thanks.  it's available in the u.s. store as well for $309....wasnt there earlier today.

good news for those who want one; available in 20 days.

not sure where dji is getting all this extra inventory from all of a sudden.
2022-6-30
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not get it. The brightness is about half of my used Samsung S9 ($175) which has a larger screen.
2022-6-30
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 6-30 19:43
I do not get it. The brightness is about half of my used Samsung S9 ($175) which has a larger screen.

But with your tablet you still need to connect it to a controller.

This RC is all in one with screen and controller. I understand the brightness is a factor but also realize not sure what version of controller you're using, so maybe this RC has some extra buttons or features.
2022-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there The Saint. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information with us. Again, thank you for your support and have a nice day.
2022-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Disappointing that the screen is only 5.5 inches.
An 8 inch screen would be a lot more attractive.

2022-6-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably if you had it you would understand. No one has complained about brightness in the real world and the convenience is amazing. Once you have some experience of one come back and comment
2022-6-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-30 21:33
Disappointing that the screen is only 5.5 inches.

Bigger screen is far less portable and would be heavier. This is a lightweight compact drone for travel etc. I think you may have missed the point
2022-6-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is good as it means DJi are likely to make it work with other drones to help sales
2022-6-30
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-30 21:33
Disappointing that the screen is only 5.5 inches.
An 8 inch screen would be really sweet, to bad Dji doesn’t make the Dji RC Plus compatible with the Mavic 3 as it’s screen size is just shy of that.
2022-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-30 21:58
Bigger screen is far less portable and would be heavier. This is a lightweight compact drone for travel etc. I think you may have missed the point

I think you may have missed the point
It's wonderful for someone that wants to have a screen the size of their phone.
But of no interest to me, and I would think, plenty of others too.
2022-6-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-30 22:10
I think you may have missed the point
It's wonderful for someone that wants to have a screen the size of their phone.
But of no interest to me, and I would think, plenty of others too.

What if you have a monster phone
2022-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-30 22:26
What if you have a monster phone

Then I guess you'd think that flying with a 5.5 inch screen was a step down.
2022-6-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 6-30 23:19
Then I guess you'd think that flying with a 5.5 inch screen was a step down.

What if you don’t have a Phone
2022-6-30
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

Todo es relativo, si tenemos problemas de visión lo ideal es portar una Tablet de pantalla grande 10.1 pulgadas, pero estamos hablando de unos drones compacto para viaje o Hobbies. para mi el tamaño es lo justo y necesario y la comodidad de no andar un dispositivo adicional... siento que eso genera comodidad. es solamente un punto de vista,
2022-7-1
Use props
Monkey007
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 73775046 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Going from a device with a bigger/brighter screen may be a small step backwards, but having to use the N1 controller with no right dial; and no C2 button surely is a giant leap backwards for some
2022-7-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 6-30 23:45
What if you don’t have a Phone

Make up ya mind, does he have a phone or not?

Labroides makes a good point, 8" would be better than 5.5.
Whilst that might not suit yourself, it would suit others, you need to realise that there many more people in this world than just you.
2022-7-1
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 454101 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Most phones dim the display as they get hot.

So while your S9 might be brighter when you start your flight - the more your S9 heats up the more the display dims.

That should not happen with the DJI-RC
2022-7-1
Use props
Hunter_UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18973 ft
United Kingdom

Good news that this is now available for £255 in the UK.
I might upgrade to one at some point when hopefully 2nd hand prices will drop from the ridiculous amounts people are asking for them.
2022-7-2
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kazcow Posted at 7-1 23:32
Most phones dim the display as they get hot.

So while your S9 might be brighter when you start your flight - the more your S9 heats up the more the display dims.

My phone does not dim with use or heat. It is an Android, not an Apple. Most phones are not Apple.
2022-7-11
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 7-11 18:51
My phone does not dim with use or heat. It is an Android, not an Apple. Most phones are not Apple.

bull...

Samsung dims displays as well when phone get hot (S20/S21/S22)

2022-7-12
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kazcow Posted at 7-12 01:37
bull...

Samsung dims displays as well when phone get hot (S20/S21/S22)

Sorry to disappoint you but it does not. I have the same intensity all the time relative to the lighting environment. And while we are at it, my phone is an S9 and is set to automatic brightness, not fixed brightness. Auto is subject to only ambient lighting and not other constraints. In very bright ambient light conditions, it is much brighter than in fixed mode.
2022-7-14
Use props
kazcow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 7-14 20:20
Sorry to disappoint you but it does not. I have the same intensity all the time relative to the lighting environment. And while we are at it, my phone is an S9 and is set to automatic brightness, not fixed brightness. Auto is subject to only ambient lighting and not other constraints. In very bright ambient light conditions, it is much brighter than in fixed mode.

Well have a gander at Samsung's forums that are full of complaints that S20/S21/S22 DOES lower brightness no matter what settings when phone gets hot.

Then take a look at some of the better phone display tests to show what the real brightness is of the phones. Usually it is a lot less than advertised on Samsung phones.

Apple might be worse at "dimming" their OLED based phones but Samsung does too. And Apple are usually a bit more "honest" in their display ratings than Samsung.

But if you bring your S9 to me - we can measure it against my iPhone - I have full Spectrum Meter and can measure actual display brightness very precisely with my X-Rite i1 Pro.
2022-7-14
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

kazcow Posted at 7-14 21:37
Well have a gander at Samsung's forums that are full of complaints that S20/S21/S22 DOES lower brightness no matter what settings when phone gets hot.

Then take a look at some of the better phone display tests to show what the real brightness is of the phones. Usually it is a lot less than advertised on Samsung phones.

I never use the manufacturers spec on brightness. All of those are useless and mostly unavailable. The proof is in the pudding.
Do not follow the Samsung advice on the dimming. It is wrong. Adaptive setting is by far the best because it has a larger range. The specs and manuals do not say that.
I recently flew my M3 for over 30 minutes in midday Florida summer sun on the S9 with no dimming. Maybe your hands are hotter than mine ;-) The S9 has only 1100 nits but for the money and utility, it is fine for me.
https://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S9_ShootOut_1s.htm
I will certainly schedule a trip to the UK just to test my phone with your excellent equipment...when hell freezes over ;-)

2022-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules