DJI still hasnt fixed the signal issue and refuses to acknowle it
1499 17 2022-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 717218 ft
Canada

North American (mainly Canadian it seems) drones default to CE mode and give significantly reduced range and signal strength

Their CUSTOMERS have found the fix for them () and yet they fail to find what is causing the issue

I called DJI today and they basically told me that the number of people experiencing signal issues is little to none, they said the update today fixed any signal issues that were left and that I should just return the drone if I'm not satisfied

I've never had an experience with a company where I WANT to give them my money but they refuse to take it

2022-6-30
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

Is anyone else disappointed? or just me
2022-6-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very interesting observation. Academic for me in the UK but I expect a lot of your compatriots will be delighted with this work-around.  Or maybe yesterday's firmware update fixed the problem anyway?
2022-6-30
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try phoning them again or Reaching out to them which seem to be the new phrase for contacting…….. You will most likely get a different person and see what they say
2022-6-30
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

5 xMini3 Pro here, in different parts of country, all have issues with CE range at 300m in city....so DJI can kiss my butt with their opinions that are little to none issuing this...I think more than 50% of CE have issues, probably 100% depending on the urban area they have ad congestion of 2.4 Ghz band...
On FCC I have tested in same area, no issues at all, all is going more than 1300m and signal is still powerful.
2022-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you updated to V01.00.0201 its supposed to fix the range issue.
2022-6-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

To me it seems like the reduced weight demands has caused to downsize a lot of components, antenna included.
So it is much more sensitive. Especially in CE mode.
But that's just my observation .
2022-6-30
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wish 1 of you was near me, i have the perfect place to test and would love to see what it does in comparison to my Mini 2
2022-7-1
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

;)
2022-7-1
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

what fix?  i didn't see a fix in that video.  i heard someone mention a temporary fix or workaround but that's nothing that dji can implement.  can dji use this information to further resolve the issue?  probably.  did dji already know about this phenomena before the video?  likely.  did dji attempt to resolve the issue yesterday?  yes.  is the issue completely resolved?  probably not.
2022-7-1
Use props
Hunter_UK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18973 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-1 03:14
I wish 1 of you was near me, i have the perfect place to test and would love to see what it does in comparison to my Mini 2

what county are you in Bashy?  I'm in Lincolnshire.
2022-7-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not a million miles away, Norfolk/Suffolk border
2022-7-1
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

It's so annoying

When the drone boots up into the FCC mode, it works flawlessly and the signal is great

JUST FIX IT FFS
2022-7-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Geo_Drone Posted at 6-30 22:47
5 xMini3 Pro here, in different parts of country, all have issues with CE range at 300m in city....so DJI can kiss my butt with their opinions that are little to none issuing this...I think more than 50% of CE have issues, probably 100% depending on the urban area they have ad congestion of 2.4 Ghz band...
On FCC I have tested in same area, no issues at all, all is going more than 1300m and signal is still powerful.

More than 50% of all CE. Are having issues with range, yet you claim you have 5 and all have issues with range. I would call this “100%”, but I question the person who always has so many more problems than anyone else with every dji drone he owns, complains “bitterly” that Autel is a far superior drone than dji in photography video flying capabilities signal, low light etc and spends large amounts of time posting just how crap dji drones are. Yet what does it say about someone who buys 5 drones he says himself in earlier posts he only bought for fun use would never use professionally, I mean do you believe we all swallowed a brick to believe your nonsense.
Who in their right mind buys a crap drone but not only 1 “5” and then spends his time on a forum complaining about them. I have great difficulty in believing any rubbish you spew on this forum.
2022-7-1
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

hallmark007 Posted at 7-1 11:24
More than 50% of all CE. Are having issues with range, yet you claim you have 5 and all have issues with range. I would call this “100%”, but I question the person who always has so many more problems than anyone else with every dji drone he owns, complains “bitterly” that Autel is a far superior drone than dji in photography video flying capabilities signal, low light etc and spends large amounts of time posting just how crap dji drones are. Yet what does it say about someone who buys 5 drones he says himself in earlier posts he only bought for fun use would never use professionally, I mean do you believe we all swallowed a brick to believe your nonsense.
Who in their right mind buys a crap drone but not only 1 “5” and then spends his time on a forum complaining about them. I have great difficulty in believing any rubbish you spew on this forum.

Who the fck asked you what you think, DAVID?
Mind your own business, I don't care what your ...ty person believe.

I just informed about our experience in CE here with Mini 3....In rest is propaganda from you, just move to russian forum, you will be welcomed !
2022-7-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geo_Drone Posted at 7-3 22:10

Why did you buy 5 of them
2022-7-3
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-3 22:22
Why did you buy 5 of them

We have a group here, in more parts of country, multiple companies, and we exchange info and tests at each drone.
Each company purchased one...we shared the result from Bucharest, Iasi, TImisoara, Brasov, Cluj. (major cities with blocks of flats 10-13 floors and high urban congestion).
2022-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Geo_Drone Posted at 7-3 22:10

Well you are either having major problems “only with dji drones” or you’re a complete B Si££er. My money is on the latter.
2022-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules