D-RTK2 base station connect with Leica GS16
2579 9 2022-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jurček
lvl.1

Slovenia

Hello There,

Two years ago we bought a phantom 4 RTK with base station D-RTK2. Im meausuring a hydrographic survey and a lot of times I had a problem with GNSS signal. I lose a signal because I measure in basin of river or lakes where is a lot of trees and other. Then I thinking If I can use a D-RTK2 like base station and second GNSS Leica GS16 like rover. Can anyone help me with details or manuals if this is possible, of course.

Thanks for all answers.

Jurček
2022-6-30
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

i think you cant use them together. They dont share any comunnication protocol. Drtk use occusync which is exclusively for DJI product.
2022-7-1
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

The D-RTK 2 can take a modem dongle to provide it an internet connection, no?If so, it should be able to connect to an NTRIP server (the Leica, assumning it is internet-connected as well)
Not that I've done it but I seem to remember DJI marketing that functionality.

2022-7-1
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

patiam Posted at 7-1 19:00
The D-RTK 2 can take a modem dongle to provide it an internet connection, no?If so, it should be able to connect to an NTRIP server (the Leica, assumning it is internet-connected as well)
Not that I've done it but I seem to remember DJI marketing that functionality.

but he was asking to use drtk2 as base station and gs16 as a rover.... you cant create an ntrip server in your drtk2 to mount it with any other gnss (like gs16).... with drtk2 you can connect to an ntrip, but not create it.... at least with the standar software from dji
2022-7-3
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

ah, i missed that! you're completely right, as usual

but he might be able to use them the other way 'round (maybe).
2022-7-3
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

classic from dji
2022-7-3
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

aaaah yes, of course! the old DJI "**supported later" functionality
2022-7-3
Use props
Jurček
lvl.1

Slovenia

Thanks for answers and clear up the details of the sistem.
If I understand all what did you write, I cant do what I mean, because I cant create an NTRIP server with DJI app. Maybe you know, If this will be possible in the future with new softwares...

Thanks a lot.
2022-7-3
Use props
Guille_Meinero
Second Officer

Argentina

Jurček Posted at 7-3 21:04
Thanks for answers and clear up the details of the sistem.
If I understand all what did you write, I cant do what I mean, because I cant create an NTRIP server with DJI app. Maybe you know, If this will be possible in the future with new softwares...

hard to tell... maybe you should buy another gnss... and consider not connect them with ntrip (because you will need internet connection) BUT to connect them with UHF or BT
2022-7-4
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Emild Reach RS2!!!
2022-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now