2707 84 2022-6-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems that the mini battery should have little rubber feet but as they were good enough to give us the slots Im experiementing with this.  basically an o ring cut to size and pressed into the slot.

2022-6-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-6-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DAFlys. Good day and thank you for sharing this interesting information with us. This is very innovative. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2022-7-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd add a smear of glue rather than relying on a pure interference fit, it'd be a shame to lose those 'pads'.
2022-7-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-1 00:49
I'd add a smear of glue rather than relying on a pure interference fit, it'd be a shame to lose those 'pads'.

It’s a cheap O ring
2022-7-1
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

a bit of low tack glue to secure.  good idea
2022-7-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting innovation. That would dampen the slight shock of a landing on a solid surface.
But you've convinced me of the merits of hand-catching now
And I've still got all my fingers
2022-7-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-1 01:18
Interesting innovation. That would dampen the slight shock of a landing on a solid surface.

So some days on…………. Out of 10 how pleased are you you got off that fence
2022-7-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I recon the little feet should have been the same as on the drone
2022-7-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-1 01:20
So some days on…………. Out of 10 how pleased are you you got off that fence

Could be an 11 if I could get out and fly it. Torrential rain overnight with more threatening.
2022-7-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-1 01:26
Could be an 11 if I could get out and fly it. Torrential rain overnight with more threatening.

See if you can fit a small brolly to it.

I have been flying mine quite a lot but for some reason I still feel quite nervous when I fly it. More so than my others
2022-7-1
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-1 01:42
See if you can fit a small brolly to it.

I have been flying mine quite a lot but for some reason I still feel quite nervous when I fly it. More so than my others

Thinking back to my previous drones - there was an element of anxiety about each one, for a while.
It wears off eventually
2022-7-1
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Now thats a very good idea, well done!!
2022-7-1
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Going to be flying off your car roof, or indoor off coffee table ?
2022-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very innovative DA.    As I live on a boat I just resort to hand launch/recovery.  I did try to land on a drone pad once but the props just barely miss contacting the pad itself.  
2022-7-1
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

pardon me but who are we to decide the drone needed a cushy landing or this somehow desirable?  if landing in the current config is such a problem, wouldn't dji know this?  do other mini drones have a problem with landing?  fine if you want to add it but not understanding the comments this "feature" should have been there.  weight is always an issue.  as far as i know, there are no damage reports on this.  next thing you know, there is mini drone sunscreen to smear over the external to keep the sun from fading spots on the top white skeleton due to longer battery flight times in locations near the equator. this isn't a 1980s car that needs a nose bra to protect the hood, louvers to protect the rear window, pin stripes, door moulding to prevent door dings, and mud flaps to prevent rock chips to the rear q-panel.  you didn't buy it from the dealer that way..... /s /s /s /s
2022-7-1
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Not sure why we need this. But have you weighed the drone with the o-rings by any chance?
2022-7-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-1 06:18
pardon me but who are we to decide the drone needed a cushy landing or this somehow desirable?  if landing in the current config is such a problem, wouldn't dji know this?  do other mini drones have a problem with landing?  fine if you want to add it but not understanding the comments this "feature" should have been there.  weight is always an issue.  as far as i know, there are no damage reports on this.  next thing you know, there is mini drone sunscreen to smear over the external to keep the sun from fading spots on the top white skeleton due to longer battery flight times in locations near the equator. this isn't a 1980s car that needs a nose bra to protect the hood, louvers to protect the rear window, pin stripes, door moulding to prevent door dings, and mud flaps to prevent rock chips to the rear q-panel.  you didn't buy it from the dealer that way..... /s /s /s /s

Next time take more water with it
2022-7-1
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 7-1 06:36
Not sure why we need this. But have you weighed the drone with the o-rings by any chance?

Yup I did they added 4kg
2022-7-1
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great idea DA.
2022-7-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-1 01:18
Interesting innovation. That would dampen the slight shock of a landing on a solid surface.

I mostly hand catch too but its nice to stop the plastic getting scratched up during take off.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks Fred.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-1 03:01
Now thats a very good idea, well done!!

cheers Bashy,  anything to stop the plastic getting a bit scratched up.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 05:27
Very innovative DA.    As I live on a boat I just resort to hand launch/recovery.  I did try to land on a drone pad once but the props just barely miss contacting the pad itself.

Im surprised your boat is more stable?
2022-7-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 00:38
I mostly hand catch too but its nice to stop the plastic getting scratched up during take off.

And still under the max take-off weight?  
2022-7-2
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 00:41
cheers Bashy,  anything to stop the plastic getting a bit scratched up.

For sure, the P4P has a type of rubber along the bottom of both legs, so why not
2022-7-2
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 05:27
Very innovative DA.    As I live on a boat I just resort to hand launch/recovery.  I did try to land on a drone pad once but the props just barely miss contacting the pad itself.

ooo, im intrigued, i follow a few families on YT that live on boats over there, i love boats, but mostly the Nordhavens, just waiting for that elusive lottery win and i will get one and live over there Oh, what do you have? I am gonna assume its not the aircraft carrier lol
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 7-2 01:00
For sure, the P4P has a type of rubber along the bottom of both legs, so why not

It just felt to me like something was missing,   especially with the empty slot.  
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-2 00:48
And still under the max take-off weight?

Im sure it is,  a fraction of an o-ring doesn't weigh even a gram.  
2022-7-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 02:14
Im sure it is,  a fraction of an o-ring doesn't weigh even a gram.

Just checking
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive weighed it to check too but I think the scales might be lying to me.  they only go up in 5 gram increments.  
2022-7-2
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 02:33
Ive weighed it to check too but I think the scales might be lying to me.  they only go up in 5 gram increments.

I use Mrs. B's electronic kitchen scale - goes to 0.1gm
2022-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 00:47
Im surprised your boat is more stable?

Most time it is fairly stable.  The problem is the boaters that are flying up and down the adjacent waterway and not complying with the Wake Free zones.  Complaints to the appropriate Maritime law enforcement have been made and we were promised they would send personnel in to start issuing more wake zone violations.  It's never going to stop every speeder as it gets worse on the weekends and they only have so many law enforcement personnel available.  Such is life living on the water.
2022-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 7-2 01:08
ooo, im intrigued, i follow a few families on YT that live on boats over there, i love boats, but mostly the Nordhavens, just waiting for that elusive lottery win and i will get one and live over there  Oh, what do you have? I am gonna assume its not the aircraft carrier lol

Nope, no way could I afford one of those multi-billion dollar carriers to live on.  Below is my 62 foot live aboard.  It's classed as a mini-yacht but I just call it a big boat.  Has all the amenities you need and if you get tired of the local scenery it is easy to get underway and move around to see something different.

VSC.jpg
2022-7-2
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 7-2 00:39
Thanks Fred.

No problem.
2022-7-2
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-2 05:07
Nope, no way could I afford one of those multi-billion dollar carriers to live on.  Below is my 62 foot live aboard.  It's classed as a mini-yacht but I just call it a big boat.  Has all the amenities you need and if you get tired of the local scenery it is easy to get underway and move around to see something different.

Oh wow, i envy you big time, that's a lovely yacht

I take it you're not of the type on YT producing their life/journey? I think i would have heard ya mention it by now...

...I do enjoy following them on YT mostly for the boats lol My fave to watch is Zatara, a saling cat

I have my eye on the Euro Millions this Tuesday, its only about £186m but i think I could manage on that ;)  A nice Nordhaven N120 here i come lol
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 7-2 02:45
I use Mrs. B's electronic kitchen scale - goes to 0.1gm

Ours seem to jump in 5 grams,  but you reminded me I have some other percussion scales hiding somewhere.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-2 04:34
Most time it is fairly stable.  The problem is the boaters that are flying up and down the adjacent waterway and not complying with the Wake Free zones.  Complaints to the appropriate Maritime law enforcement have been made and we were promised they would send personnel in to start issuing more wake zone violations.  It's never going to stop every speeder as it gets worse on the weekends and they only have so many law enforcement personnel available.  Such is life living on the water.

I hear that some people install breaks to help reduce that motion,  I guess it all depends on the local rules to  whether you'd get away with that.    Some of the boats I see breaking the speed limit create some insane wake so I can appreciate how you suffer.
2022-7-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nope, no way could I afford one of those multi-billion dollar carriers to live on.  Below is my 62 foot live aboard.  It's classed as a mini-yacht but I just call it a big boat.  Has all the amenities you need and if you get tired of the local scenery it is easy to get underway and move around to see something different.

That's a lovely boat DT.   
2022-7-2
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is a lovely boat. Do you post on YBW Forum
2022-7-2
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules