Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.06.30
  • DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0000
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.8

What’s New
  • Added support to use with DJI Mavic 3.
  • Added support to download photos and 1080p videos to an external SD card. (Panorama photos are not included).
  • Fixed issue: inaccurate compass appeared in some scenarios.
  • Fixed some minor bugs.

2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

So is it likely the Air 2S will be supported within the month?
2022-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  

Now hopefully DJI will make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3.  
2022-7-1
Use props
RobZilla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1  Would like to see support for the Air 2S.
2022-7-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 04:26
Thanks for sharing.  

Now hopefully DJI will make the RC Pro compatible with the Mini 3.

Yes, that would be great!
2022-7-1
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Dji and add my vote on making the Air2S compatible for the Dji RC for those of you who are Air2S users.
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 7-1 07:53
Thanks Dji and add my vote on making the Air2S compatible for the Dji RC for those of you who are Air2S users.

Yes please!
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Can there please be a fix to the inbuilt Maps?
I have 128gb sd cards in the RC and it would be nice to download the map offline.

Can this be considered for a future update?
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_sSt8FQYk5l9Z
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19065 ft
United States

Any plans for this to support the mini 2?
2022-7-1
Use props
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 04:09

It was explained to me at DJI authorized retailer that encryptions and RC frequencies are different in the current drone models. Hence why my Smart Controller (which has been discontinued) will not work with latest models - it does, however,  work with the Air 2S and mini 2.
2022-7-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Greg_Toronto Posted at 7-1 11:28
It was explained to me at DJI authorized retailer that encryptions and RC frequencies are different in the current drone models. Hence why my Smart Controller (which has been discontinued) will not work with latest models - it does, however,  work with the Air 2S and mini 2.

I may be confused here, but I think he is referring to the new DJI RC with the A2S.
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

KLRSKIR Posted at 7-1 12:40
I may be confused here, but I think he is referring to the new DJI RC with the A2S.

Yep, sure was.

The RC controller is using the OC3 transmission standard, which is the same as the the Air2s
Still waiting patiently.
21998714-ECB7-4E80-AD6B-876AC7408CE1.jpeg
2022-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

KLRSKIR Posted at 7-1 05:58
Yes, that would be great!

Indeed it would.  
2022-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 04:09

You got my vote Mini.  
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 16:35
You got my vote Mini.

I created a poll! Please vote!
Hopefully DJI considers this group of Air 2S group.

Who wants the RC Controller to be compatible with the Air 2S Poll
2022-7-1
Use props
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 13:57
Yep, sure was.

The RC controller is using the OC3 transmission standard, which is the same as the the Air2s

Right. My bad. I was just going with what I was told and I was told there are incompatibilities. But then again, I was told I can not use my Smart Controller with a Mini2, yet it clearly states that I can on the controller's spec page.

My controller uses OcuSync 2.0 (O2) and works fine with the Air 2S; it doesn't have the capabilities of O3 or O3+. But, the Air 2S specs do clearly indicate O2 and O3.

2022-7-1
Use props
Ed n Austin
New
United States

DJI RC fails to connect to network now. Is there a way to hardware reset / Force reset on DJI RC?
I received the Mini 3 pro today with DJI RC.
After going through initial setup procedures, the RC and drone were linked and both were updated successfully.
After a quick test to see drone takeoff, the controller had a quick pop up window saying something like it will disable WI-FI and Bluetooth by default whenever flying drone.

Well I'm no longer attempting to fly a drone, can I get Wi-Fi connection back? How?
There is not a Wi-Fi toggle in settings as far as I could tell. Any ideas?

2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Greg_Toronto Posted at 7-1 18:58
Right. My bad. I was just going with what I was told and I was told there are incompatibilities. But then again, I was told I can not use my Smart Controller with a Mini2, yet it clearly states that I can on the controller's spec page.

My controller uses OcuSync 2.0 and works fine with the Air 2S; it doesn't have the capabilities of O3 or O3+. But, the Air 2S specs do clearly indicate O3 and OcuSync 2.0

Sorry, I wasn't having a go!

Who knows really, except for DJI...it's anyone's guess. Hopefully they do what's good for their consumers
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ed n Austin Posted at 7-1 19:01
DJI RC fails to connect to network now. Is there a way to hardware reset / Force reset on DJI RC?
After going through initial setup procedures, the RC and drone were linked and both were updated successfully.

Yes, I noticed this today!
2022-7-1
Use props
Ed n Austin
New
United States

Ed n Austin Posted at 7-1 19:01
DJI RC fails to connect to network now. Is there a way to hardware reset / Force reset on DJI RC?

The DJI RC is stuck in DJI Fly homepage. From this starting point and no Wi-Fi, almost nothing works at all. Additionally I do not see a way to get into any different mode. I am unable to logout of DJI Fly on the DJI RC.. why you ask? Well the reason is because it lacks Wi-Fi connection. So it seems the RC is stuck in a DJI FLY Home Screen and in this state of RC operation if you lack Wi-Fi… well you seem stuck. You can’t update the RC, you can’t access Academy, you can’t get much of anything to work except flying drone without map and other useful info of course and you cant even log out of DJI FLY.  So RC is stuck in this mode seemingly forever. Can this RC be hardware reset to factory settings or something similar to help break out of this
2022-7-1
Use props
Frontliner 2020
lvl.4
Philippines

Thanks for the update & info...
2022-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 17:20
I created a poll! Please vote!
Hopefully DJI considers this group of Air 2S group.

Thanks Mini.  I voted on your poll to make it happen.  Now it is up to DJI.  Let's hope they are listening and will act favorably on this input.
2022-7-2
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-2 04:18
Thanks Mini.  I voted on your poll to make it happen.  Now it is up to DJI.  Let's hope they are listening and will act favorably on this input.

thank you!
2022-7-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

My pleasure Mini.  

Have a great weekend and get some flights in.  
2022-7-2
Use props
stupat78
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1204259 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ed n Austin Posted at 7-1 19:56
The DJI RC is stuck in DJI Fly homepage. From this starting point and no Wi-Fi, almost nothing works at all. Additionally I do not see a way to get into any different mode. I am unable to logout of DJI Fly on the DJI RC.. why you ask? Well the reason is because it lacks Wi-Fi connection. So it seems the RC is stuck in a DJI FLY Home Screen and in this state of RC operation if you lack Wi-Fi… well you seem stuck. You can’t update the RC, you can’t access Academy, you can’t get much of anything to work except flying drone without map and other useful info of course and you cant even log out of DJI FLY.  So RC is stuck in this mode seemingly forever. Can this RC be hardware reset to factory settings or something similar to help break out of this

You can access the wifi and other setting by dragging down from the top of the screen, the same as with most mobile devices.
2022-7-2
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks to be an issue with maps specific to the Fly app on the DJI RC.  The maps (and buttons on the right side) don't work at all when connected to either my Mavic 3 or my Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC.  However, if I use the RC-N1 with either my iPhone or my Android based TriplTek tablet, the maps work just fine.

And yes, the RC is connected to the same WiFi the phone and tablet are connected to.  Prior to the firmware update and resulting v1.6.8 app, this was working just fine on the RC.  Post update, it is not working.  There are many people on Facebook groups having the same problem.

2022-7-3
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Ed n Austin Posted at 7-1 19:56
The DJI RC is stuck in DJI Fly homepage. From this starting point and no Wi-Fi, almost nothing works at all. Additionally I do not see a way to get into any different mode. I am unable to logout of DJI Fly on the DJI RC.. why you ask? Well the reason is because it lacks Wi-Fi connection. So it seems the RC is stuck in a DJI FLY Home Screen and in this state of RC operation if you lack Wi-Fi… well you seem stuck. You can’t update the RC, you can’t access Academy, you can’t get much of anything to work except flying drone without map and other useful info of course and you cant even log out of DJI FLY.  So RC is stuck in this mode seemingly forever. Can this RC be hardware reset to factory settings or something similar to help break out of this

I think you can reset the app, if you swipe down from the top of the screen.
Then go into the Android menu by tapping the Diamond/circle on the top right hand corner.
2022-7-3
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

KlooGee Posted at 7-3 07:21
Looks to be an issue with maps specific to the Fly app on the DJI RC.  The maps (and buttons on the right side) don't work at all when connected to either my Mavic 3 or my Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC.  However, if I use the RC-N1 with either my iPhone or my Android based TriplTek tablet, the maps work just fine.

And yes, the RC is connected to the same WiFi the phone and tablet are connected to.  Prior to the firmware update and resulting v1.6.8 app, this was working just fine on the RC.  Post update, it is not working.  There are many people on Facebook groups having the same problem.

The inbuilt map is very strange.
Why can’t it remember your last location or use the SD card as a backup?

I’ve put a 128GB card in there but that seems a waste now
2022-7-3
Use props
ninjazx12r
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31473 ft
Portugal

Looks to be an issue with maps specific to the Fly app on the DJI RC.  The maps (and buttons on the right side) don't work at all when connected to either my Mavic 3 or my Mini 3 Pro with the DJI RC.  However, if I use the RC-N1 with either my iPhone or my Android based TriplTek tablet, the maps work just fine.

And yes, the RC is connected to the same WiFi the phone and tablet are connected to.  Prior to the firmware update and resulting v1.6.8 app, this was working just fine on the RC.  Post update, it is not working.  There are many people on Facebook groups having the same problem.

+1
Same problem after update.
2022-7-3
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ditto, same issue here. ".0300" incoming hopefully.
2022-7-3
Use props
Kring1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 161073 ft
United States

Twice the RC screen has locked up on my with this version, previous two firmwares had no issues.  I have to shut down controlller mid flight and restart.  The controls still worked to fly, it’s just the video and screen was frozen, unable to get to any settings or a response
2022-7-3
Use props
Mini-G
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,

This is the latest issue that I'm also experiencing.

2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_5YwXrWooHur9
New
Flight distance : 31870 ft
Netherlands

My rc also locks up during flight after this update.
Also the zoom function does not work in video mode.
2022-7-5
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358123 ft
Belgium

Still the same for me, had two lockups mid flight. Seems like the RC is underpowered to run the 1.6.8 fly app.
2022-7-7
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138655 ft
United States

pieterbot Posted at 7-7 14:56
Still the same for me, had two lockups mid flight. Seems like the RC is underpowered to run the 1.6.8 fly app.

I've had some lockups too on the RC. Seems to be after flying for awhile and then switching to Active Track mode. When I try to cancel the screen is not responsive and starts to lag so have to stop the active track using the Pause/RTH button.
2022-7-10
Use props
NUeB
lvl.1
Germany

Try clearing all file caches and formatting the SD card in the RC controller — worked for me (so far).
2022-7-10
Use props
pieterbot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 358123 ft
South Africa

I pulled the Micro SD card out of the DJI RC, gonna test if that helped. It doesn't really matter to me because I don't screen record and I don't think that my footage is that important to cache it in the background (in a lower resolution btw!).
2022-7-10
Use props
djiuser_5YwXrWooHur9
New
Flight distance : 31870 ft
Netherlands

Looks like there are no screen freezes when I disable cache when recording.
My mentioning of zoom not working in previous post is probably normal behavior, was in 4K60.
2022-7-12
Use props
ganghuang_mail
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_5YwXrWooHur9 Posted at 7-12 10:13
Looks like there are no screen freezes when I disable cache when recording.
My mentioning of zoom not working in previous post is probably normal behavior, was in 4K60.

I tried to disable the cache, it doesn't help in my case. Called DJI support, not much help so far. I just got the Mavic 3 Cine + RC Pro 2 weeks ago, RC screen lagging happened very frequently. Now I am wondering it is hardware issue for the RC. Any other thoughts would be much appreciated.
2022-7-14
Use props
Akrasia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15036 ft
United Kingdom

My RC Firmware is still showing as ‘N/A’. It’s been like this since it arrived and I’ve tried forcing the updates. Any ideas?
2022-7-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules