New DJI Mini3 Pro Firmware Released (7/1/2022)
1234Next >
24343 143 2022-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2022.06.30
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0201
  • DJI RC-N1 Remote Controller Firmware: v04.14.0221
  • DJI RC Remote Controller Firmware: v01.01.0000
  • DJI Fly App iOS:  v1.6.8
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.6.8

What’s New?
  • Added support for FocusTrack, QuickShots (Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, and Boomerang), and Hyperlapse in portrait mode.
  • Added a two-second option to interval time setting when using Hyperlapse after takeoff.
  • Added support for continuous auto focus (AF-C) during video recording.
  • Added USB mode. When the aircraft is connected to a computer and USB mode is enabled, the aircraft disables image transmission to extend the time for copying footage.

What’s Updated?
  • Increased the camera speed when taking photos.
  • Increased the stability of videos when using Hyperlapse.
  • Increased the dynamic range for Hyperlapse.
  • Optimized image quality of recordings at night in D-Cinelike.
  • Optimized the anti-interference ability and the transmission distance of the image transmission system.
  • Optimized the correctness of the battery level indicators on the DJI RC-N1 remote controller.
  • Optimized the battery load management when flying in environments with strong winds.

What’s Fixed?
  • Fixed issue: the videos recorded in some scenarios in D-Cinelike flickered.
  • Fixed issue: when selecting intelligent flight modes in portrait mode, a false prompt appeared on the DJI RC remote controller or an Android device.
  • Optimized the vignetting effect in DNG photos.

Notes:
  • Added features require DJI Fly v1.6.8 or later.
  • If update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2022-7-1
Use props
kinonak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62241 ft
Poland

DJI, panorama does not work in portrait mode, how to enable it?
2022-7-1
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

Haven't figured out how to use portrait in Panorama. Strange thing, as what's expected in a forthcoming update is a major revamp of the Panorama Sphere using tilt up & possibly Portrait mode to get real 360's...
I have seen another changes list for v01.00.0200 which does not feature Portrait Panorama, but Portrait Hyperlapse instead. And actually Hyperlapse in Portrait mode does work on v01.00.0200.
Moreover, latest firmware version is now v01.00.0201 (changes not documented by DJI AFAIK).
2022-7-1
Use props
droneXitalia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Please remember to update each battery.

Thanks DJI for the update!
2022-7-1
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1356178 ft
United Kingdom

fredbotton75 Posted at 7-1 03:38
Haven't figured out how to use portrait in Panorama. Strange thing, as what's expected in a forthcoming update is a major revamp of the Panorama Sphere using tilt up & possibly Portrait mode to get real 360's...
I have seen another changes list for v01.00.0200 which does not feature Portrait Panorama, but Portrait Hyperlapse instead. And actually Hyperlapse in Portrait mode does work on v01.00.0200.
Moreover, latest firmware version is now v01.00.0201 (changes not documented by DJI AFAIK).

I have just been trying to get the Panorama in Portrait mode to work and it says not possible - I think it was supposed to be Hyperlapse that they meant -and now have corrected that wording above to remove "Panorama in Portrait Mode"  Actually for a sphere - it shouldn't matter what mode it is in - it should just switch to portrait mode during the process and take zenith pictures and stitch them in - rather than having to choose a portrait sphere - if that makes sense?
2022-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice detailed update information.  
2022-7-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It was a nice surprise yesterday for sure. Thank you DJI!
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_wAsoeBftzTNB
lvl.3
Flight distance : 467037 ft
Poland

When will the Dji Fly application for the RC controller finally be in Polish? Is that such a big problem? After all, there is Polish in the mobile version.
2022-7-1
Use props
fans6fe03d87
lvl.3
Flight distance : 813419 ft
Isle of Man

droneXitalia Posted at 7-1 03:46
Please remember to update each battery.

Thanks DJI for the update!

I didn't and the batteries are fine, no mention in the updates to do this!
2022-7-1
Use props
patrick51
lvl.4
Flight distance : 407300 ft
Netherlands

fans6fe03d87 Posted at 7-1 06:34
I didn't and the batteries are fine, no mention in the updates to do this!

I couldn't find any update on the battery's to?
2022-7-1
Use props
hurstja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very happy with the new added functionality.
2022-7-1
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DowntownRDB Posted at 7-1 04:23
Very nice detailed update information.

I noticed that immediately too!  

Finally, that description fits really well.
2022-7-1
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Dji for the news.
2022-7-1
Use props
K9JDN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

WOW!  DJI must have hired a Tech writer.  I've never seen a Firmware Release documented like this one!  Usually, all we get is "Fixed some minor bugs."  Kudos, DJI, for all the info!
2022-7-1
Use props
MXss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6790833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Wasn't there a big update just one day ago? And now this one? Is this one specifically for the FCC to CE north American mini 3 or range issues?
2022-7-1
Use props
M J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2126677 ft
  • >>>
Canada

MXss Posted at 7-1 07:54
Wasn't there a big update just one day ago? And now this one? Is this one specifically for the FCC to CE north American mini 3 or range issues?

Exactly! FCC to CE mode is now fixed
2022-7-1
Use props
Dronenland
lvl.3
Flight distance : 150564 ft
Netherlands

I noticed 2 Changes in the above description, as compared to 0200:

- Optimized the battery load management when flying in environments with strong winds.
- Fixed issue: when selecting intelligent flight modes in portrait mode, a false prompt appeared on the DJI RC remote controller or an Android device.

And they indeed changed “Panorama” into Hyperlapse regarding the Vertical Shooting. Was probably a typo.
2022-7-1
Use props
droneXitalia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2847851 ft
  • >>>
Italy

patrick51 Posted at 7-1 07:32
I couldn't find any update on the battery's to?

After the first firmware update process, change the battery and then manually search for updates from the DJI Fly App. It will show a new update (just for the battery). Do this for each battery.
2022-7-1
Use props
patrick51
lvl.4
Flight distance : 407300 ft
Netherlands

droneXitalia Posted at 7-1 09:12
After the first firmware update process, change the battery and then manually search for updates from the DJI Fly App. It will show a new update (just for the battery). Do this for each battery.

Oke, will try it again. Thx.
2022-7-1
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

HarleyFlyer Posted at 7-1 03:51
I have just been trying to get the Panorama in Portrait mode to work and it says not possible - I think it was supposed to be Hyperlapse that they meant -and now have corrected that wording above to remove "Panorama in Portrait Mode"  Actually for a sphere - it shouldn't matter what mode it is in - it should just switch to portrait mode during the process and take zenith pictures and stitch them in - rather than having to choose a portrait sphere - if that makes sense?

Actually for a sphere - it shouldn't matter what mode it is in - it should just switch to portrait mode during the process and take zenith pictures and stitch them in - rather than having to choose a portrait sphere - if that makes sense?

It makes sense. But based on my experience with 360's on Mini 3 Pro, uptilt makes a more complete 360, but still leaves a small empty zone because it's only 60° up, not 90°. Taking the extra uptilt pictures in Portrait mode helps getting rid of that empty zone. (see here in French: https://www.helicomicro.com/2022 ... raies-photos-a-360/)
2022-7-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Greece

Vertical panorama still says not possible so i guess it was a typo. Shame as that would be one of the most useful features....
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_Kgp6eqXDjlH7
New
Flight distance : 64505 ft
Kazakhstan

Just had my first flight. Made update first. Afterwards tried to transfer video to phone - didn't manage , speed was super slow 1 mbs. Also battery was red hot during the transfer process which couldn't be normal.
2022-7-1
Use props
dwabrams
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1235961 ft
United States

patrick51 Posted at 7-1 09:42
Oke, will try it again. Thx.

The update is initially identified as an aircraft update, rather than a battery update. It's only called a battery update after it's been completed.
2022-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 7-1 07:49
I noticed that immediately too!  

Finally, that description fits really well.

Undoubtedly the best detailed description I've ever seen from DJI on any drone's firmware update.

I just hope they continue this type of descriptions with all future updates.
2022-7-1
Use props
mfries78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4615243 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

djiuser_wAsoeBftzTNB Posted at 7-1 05:21
When will the Dji Fly application for the RC controller finally be in Polish? Is that such a big problem? After all, there is Polish in the mobile version.

you can write in English is that such a big problem? after all, all Polish People work in other countrys so they do not speak their own language for 75% of the year.
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196811 ft
Latvia

Hi folks,

I just sent back my Mini 3 Pro because of the range issues (couldn’t get past 700m without completely losing connection, that in a very remote area without interference). And according to the postal tracking code it arrived at your facility in Germany yesterday (Friday July 1st) but the case number still shows that the drone wasn’t received.

My questions are: usually how long it takes to recognize that a product arrived in your facility?

And what are you doing regarding those returned drones because of range issues? Are you replacing them with new ones, are you attempting to fix them and return? And how long I should expect to wait to get a drone back? Because right now I’m out of 1300+ euros (drone+fly more kit+care refresh), and without a drone to fly.

Please, let me know what to expect from your customer service post sales.
2022-7-1
Use props
Frontliner 2020
Second Officer
Philippines

Thanks for the info & for the update dji...
2022-7-1
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 717218 ft
Canada

djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6 Posted at 7-1 20:05
Hi folks,

I just sent back my Mini 3 Pro because of the range issues (couldn’t get past 700m without completely losing connection, that in a very remote area without interference). And according to the postal tracking code it arrived at your facility in Germany yesterday (Friday July 1st) but the case number still shows that the drone wasn’t received.

oof you're in for a rough time man. Their refunds apparently take 7-14 days from the day they receive the product.
2022-7-1
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

M J Posted at 7-1 08:33
Exactly! FCC to CE mode is now fixed

It 100% is not.

I flew today (in Canada) and it's still defaulting to CE
2022-7-1
Use props
De Fender
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141 ft
Germany

mfries78 Posted at 7-1 17:12
you can write in English is that such a big problem? after all, all Polish People work in other countrys so they do not speak their own language for 75% of the year.

so who is left in Poland than?
2022-7-1
Use props
Charlie.C
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73396 ft
Hong Kong

mkdp.photos Posted at 7-1 21:18
It 100% is not.

You may try to use RC-N1 and iphone to change from CE mode to FCC mode.  My M3P changed to CE mode after system upgrade, I have to take it to my retailer have it fixed there.
2022-7-2
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

mkdp.photos Posted at 7-1 21:18
It 100% is not.

I flew twice and both times it stayed in FCC mode.

Still has no range issue.   Just flew past 2km in GTA with surrounding condos and residential, still has full bars and I did not go any further.
2022-7-2
Use props
NYCreate
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Vignetting in DNG files not fixed for me.. The thumbnails look spot on, but as soon as I open them in Camera Raw (PS) the same old very dark / heavy vignetting with very flat colours. Increasing exposure to compensate introduces massive amounts of noise. Correcting vignetting causes colour cast. Currently the DNG's (with latest firmware and latest version of PS) are unusable.
The DJI stitching does a very poor job at stitching panos, so can't use the the outputs for anything (stitching all over the place and not full resolution) also why can't it yet shoot more zenith? having a 3rd of the pano missing when the hardware is capable is not good. I would use JPGs for manual stitching, but it only saves the poor DNGs seperately :-(

2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_zHzJX2PPAkWD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 367270 ft
United States

Latest RC firmware is a disaster. One app crash mid flight which required rebooting the RC, one more reboot to get video back on another flight, and four more flights this morning where video froze up, but I still had control of the drone.  

Landed and connected the M3P to my controller/phone from my Mini2 and had no issues at all.  On top of that the range was MUCH better with the older controller, so it appears all the range issues I've been experiencing are bc of the new RC and not the drone itself (which I guess is somewhat comforting)
2022-7-2
Use props
Mike107
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224291 ft
United States

there are incidents of RC Controller Screen Lock-Ups and partial Loss of Aircraft Control after this update. They are not related to range or signal strength. See for example: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/mini-3-pro-rc-screen-lock-and-dangerous-loss-of-aircraft-control-with-app-1-6-8.127841/
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_A2WBNy4DVYon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602005 ft
Canada

The FCC to CE mode is still not fixed here in Canada after this update unfortunately

I have here both the Mini 2 and the Mini 3 the Mini two signal is unbelievably superior to the Mini 3 pro I have tested both same flight pattern same height but the distance the Mini 3 pro could push was close to 400 m before rth was activated the mini 2 however surpassed that by three to four times the distance at 2.5 km in the city.

I have here some pictures to prove my point I wonder if this will be fixed soon because as noted by other DJI users we used to be able to put a tin foil on top and trick the system into thinking FCC but now the new software update has made that impossible yes and DJI support team do not seem to be knowledgeable on any of their products I am going to open a ticket with one of the DJI technical support team on Monday due to the holidays I am stuck with this problem
16567918911037577138230565005158.jpg
20220702_120946.jpg
20220702_120932.jpg
20220702_120902.jpg
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_A2WBNy4DVYon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602005 ft
Canada

djiuser_A2WBNy4DVYon Posted at 7-2 11:59
The FCC to CE mode is still not fixed here in Canada after this update unfortunately

I have here both the Mini 2 and the Mini 3 the Mini two signal is unbelievably superior to the Mini 3 pro I have tested both same flight pattern same height but the distance the Mini 3 pro could push was close to 400 m before rth was activated the mini 2 however surpassed that by three to four times the distance at 2.5 km in the city.
[Image]

I like to add one more thing in the transmission screen I have no options to change or add anything from dual band to 2.4 or 5 which is very strange does anyone else also see this screen being locked
16567926386445296404789173473881.jpg
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Latvia

mkdp.photos Posted at 7-1 21:17
oof you're in for a rough time man. Their refunds apparently take 7-14 days from the day they receive the product.

I couldn't ask for a refund as it already passed 14 days from delivery. So I'm hoping they exchange or fix the issue.

It's a bummer that I got a bad one, because I really like the images out of it. Seems quite wide spread issue, but certainly not everybody having issues, as some people are posting videos with the drone going up to 6km of distance, while many users literally having the same problem as me, with bars starting to drop as soon as 300 meters, and losing connection at around 700m.
And people are posting their findings on YouTube, but haven't heard any official statements from DJI. And the worse is people defending the brand with fingers and nails saying that people with range issues are looking for clickbait.... it's seriously dumb from them.
2022-7-2
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Latvia

djiuser_A2WBNy4DVYon Posted at 7-2 11:59

I sent mine back to DJI for fix or replacement. Idk man, I feel like firmware updates won't fix this, otherwise there wouldn't be other people without the range issues, but there are, which makes me believe it is a hardware issue. Maybe some chipset that is used and DJI source them from different manufacturers... idk...
2022-7-2
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6 Posted at 7-2 14:40
I sent mine back to DJI for fix or replacement. Idk man, I feel like firmware updates won't fix this, otherwise there wouldn't be other people without the range issues, but there are, which makes me believe it is a hardware issue. Maybe some chipset that is used and DJI source them from different manufacturers... idk...

They're going to give you a refurbished unit, hope you enjoy paying brand new money for a refurbished unit.
2022-7-2
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules