New DJI Mini3 Pro Firmware Released (7/1/2022)
1234Next >
24365 143 2022-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6 Posted at 7-2 14:36
I couldn't ask for a refund as it already passed 14 days from delivery. So I'm hoping they exchange or fix the issue.

It's a bummer that I got a bad one, because I really like the images out of it. Seems quite wide spread issue, but certainly not everybody having issues, as some people are posting videos with the drone going up to 6km of distance, while many users literally having the same problem as me, with bars starting to drop as soon as 300 meters, and losing connection at around 700m.

Hi,

Can I ask why you need you drone to achieve a 6km range?
I’m sure you can get great looking footage from a 700m range.

Also are you seeing RC strength drops or complete drop outs?

Power to you if you returned it and you need to be happy with your purchase.
2022-7-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bjr981s Posted at 7-4 01:50
I just tested it and it works fine for me.

Very strange. I will imbed again as a link.

both links do not work, certainly not for me anyway
2022-7-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 7-4 18:32
Hi,

You miss the point, if its only a 700m distance transmission then it should be stated as such, else its false advertising and that is seriously frowned upon.

Not every country is bound by such a small distance restriction as VLOS or 500m, not everyone fly's within their countries limitations. Im not going to spout off car analogies' but they are true nonetheless...

Not only that, if a drone can reach 6km then we know that that signal at 300m is going to be rock solid.
If a drone can only reach 700m, well, what do you think that tells us, yeah, exactly, poopsicle....

A great example (for me) is the Mini 2, in FCC the only distance limitation is the battery, 5.5km, In CE its good for about 3.8km i think it was, this was a decent upgrade from the Mini (1).

So, pray tell, why should one expect or accept anything less from the Mini 2's successor @ £860's worth, why?

I have seen 1 or 2 videos showing the Mini 3Pro achieving greatness in FCC and in CE, but one or 2 videos does not outweigh the many voices saying they have range issues, something is wrong somewhere and its not just the Canadian customers with the FCC issue, its the customers in CE regions that are struggling too.

For this alone, I will not waste my money, and that's not even mentioning the other issues folk are facing, some worse now since the update...

...therefore my Fly More Kit will sit on my counter unopened until such a time that i feel happy and confident enough in its abilities to buy one.
2022-7-4
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bashy Posted at 7-4 19:14
You miss the point, if its only a 700m distance transmission then it should be stated as such, else its false advertising and that is seriously frowned upon.

Not every country is bound by such a small distance restriction as VLOS or 500m, not everyone fly's within their countries limitations. Im not going to spout off car analogies' but they are true nonetheless...

Fair point!
Let’s home whatever patch they send out should fixes this mess.

It’s just embarrassing for them…
2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196811 ft
Latvia

Mini-G Posted at 7-4 18:32
Hi,

Thanks for actually asking instead of straight up being a D like some others.

The problem is not that I want to fly 6, or 12KM like DJI advertising for this drone, but that I am actually losing completely signal, disconnects, at 700m, loss of  signal strength already around 150m, and that in clear VLOS, in absolutely remote areas with minimal interference (top of Norwegian mountains!).
And if I fly in front of a simple tree, the thing gets bad, weakens the signal even more. So yeah, it's not because I wanna fly 12KM away like they advertise this drone can do, but because I don't wanna lose or crash my drone if I go around a building or a tree gets in the way for a brief moment, and I think this is a very plausible reason to get this problem fixed/replaced, otherwise full refund of drone+fly more kit+dji refresh care+all shipping costs.
2022-7-4
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6 Posted at 7-4 19:18

The problem is not that I want to fly 6, or 11KM like DJI advertising for this drone, but that I am actually losing completely signal, disconnects, at 700m, loss of sognal signal strength already around 150m, and that in clear VLOS, in absolutely remote areas with minimal interference (top of Norwegian mountains!).

I hope you get a resolution!
2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_zH4PYuHgtlW6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196811 ft
Latvia

Mini-G Posted at 7-4 20:43
I hope you get a resolution!

Thank you, I really appreciate it
2022-7-4
Use props
DPGNAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 602005 ft
Canada

The problem is not that I want to fly 6, or 12KM like DJI advertising for this drone, but that I am actually losing completely signal, disconnects, at 700m, loss of  signal strength already around 150m, and that in clear VLOS, in absolutely remote areas with minimal interference (top of Norwegian mountains!).

I hear you man

First issue some people in Canada and USA still are STILL having is signal range:
I have here both the Mini 2 and the Mini 3 the Mini two signal is unbelievably superior to the Mini 3 pro I have tested both same flight patterns and, same height but the distance the Mini 3 pro could push was close to 400 m before rth was activated.
the mini 2 however surpassed that by three to four times the distance at 2.5 km in the city!

The second issue:
There frequency line/option in the transmission tab. In my mini 2, I can switch frequency and change channel mode from manual to auto. The mini 3 is locked to one channel at 2.4 ghz or stuck only at 5 ghz for some. There is no frequency line/option on this menu.

Called DJI several times today hoping to speak to someone knowledgeable and got the same answer " We will be coming up with a new FW and hopefully fix your issue within the month" no time as to when that will be.
They said i should contact support@dji.com which i did and let them know the issues. Support got back saying they need a few days for engineers to go over the issue and get back to me.
There are no tricks like holding tin foil, the controller or your hand over the mini 3 to "trick" it into FCC mode it just wont work.
2022-7-4
Use props
DPGNAS
lvl.2
Canada

Bashy Posted at 7-4 19:14
You miss the point, if its only a 700m distance transmission then it should be stated as such, else its false advertising and that is seriously frowned upon.

Couldn't have said it better man.
The strange thing is the retailer i bought if from is wanting to charge me a %20 restocking fee for a broken drown they will stamp away as defective and send it back with the thousand others to DJI.
There is companies here trying to make a $ out of every transaction. I wont be surprised to find out that some slave labour was added to the cost of manufacturing this drone during a war/covid/logistical issues.

2022-7-4
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DPGNAS Posted at 7-4 22:05
Couldn't have said it better man.
The strange thing is the retailer i bought if from is wanting to charge me a %20 restocking fee for a broken drown they will stamp away as defective and send it back with the thousand others to DJI.
There is companies here trying to make a $ out of every transaction. I wont be surprised to find out that some slave labour was added to the cost of manufacturing this drone during a war/covid/logistical issues.

aw man, that cant be legal can it, surely you have legal standing for a defective product from the shop, How long has it been? The product is not fit for purpose,  they need to exchange or FULL refund. I know its Canada but surely you have rights as a consumer?
2022-7-4
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try this. The other seems to be locked in Draft.

FCC CE swap rubbish.
2022-7-5
Use props
Regnator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 352992 ft
Poland

Today I received package with Mini 3 Pro (N1), but during update process app DJI Fly and DJI Assistant 2 showing error and I am unable to update firmware to newest one. DJI Fly showing error -4000 at 65% and DJI Assistant 2 showing error 0x027a4c at 71%. What can I do else. I wrote to support.
I was so happy about new drone, I was waiting over 2 months for it, and all this for nothing. Probably support won't solve this problem and I will be force to send it back and wait forever for new one... Im soo frustrated Why me ? :-/ Maybe you guys have any suggestions how to fix this update failure?

2022-7-5
Use props
DPGNAS
lvl.2
Canada

Regnator Posted at 7-5 11:53
Today I received package with Mini 3 Pro (N1), but during update process app DJI Fly and DJI Assistant 2 showing error and I am unable to update firmware to newest one. DJI Fly showing error -4000 at 65% and DJI Assistant 2 showing error 0x027a4c at 71%. What can I do else. I wrote to support.
I was so happy about new drone, I was waiting over 2 months for it, and all this for nothing. Probably support won't solve this problem and I will be force to send it back and wait forever for new one... Im soo frustrated  Why me ? :-/ Maybe you guys have any suggestions how to fix this update failure?
[view_image]

Its happend to me
I tried to installing the first one and then downgrading to second last
And another thing that would happen is it would over heat and shut down so put a pack of ice in a bag on top or put it close to a fan
2022-7-5
Use props
Regnator
lvl.2
Poland

DPGNAS Posted at 7-5 22:21
Its happend to me
I tried to installing the first one and then downgrading to second last
And another thing that would happen is it would over heat and shut down so put a pack of ice in a bag on top or put it close to a fan

I tried all 3 updates what Assistant2 showed, and all of them unsuccessful with error. I haven't noticed problem with overheating and shut down like in your case :-/
2022-7-5
Use props
UserOS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 82182 ft
Russia

Problem with the new RC (with display).

Problem:
If you first turn on the RC remote control, and then the drone, then the focus does not work.

Problem fix:
If you turn on the drone first, wait 5-10 seconds and turn on the RC remote control, then the focus works.

Firmware Mini 3 Pro - 01.00.0201
Firmware RC - 01.01.0000
*latest firmware for today
2022-7-6
Use props
DPGNAS
lvl.2
Canada

Got an email back from DJI finally looks like they are acknowledging there is a problem but the issue is why didnt the last update fix all drones. This means that there are different batches of this drone with different chipsets, cpus, etc maybe?

Greetings from DJI Support Team. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for your feedback. Our senior engineers have preliminarily determined the reason for the issue, and they are working on it. It is expected that this issue will be resolved in the next version of the firmware.

Please keep an eye out for the firmware update prompt to update to the latest firmware as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for choosing DJI!
Best Regards,
Geoffrey
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: http://s.dji.com/DJI-Tutorials
2022-7-6
Use props
Rud
lvl.3

France

Sabka Posted at 7-3 01:00
No d-cinelike for quickshots and mastershots and no 4K 50fps option for that either...useless...

Agree with that
2022-7-6
Use props
djduane
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138655 ft
United States

I flew today after updating with the most recent updates and the collision avoidance was intermittent. I flew Active Track to test it out and seemed to be working great. I stopped the Active track and then flew around and almost crashed into a tree because the collision avoidance stopped working! It seems to turn on and off at will. Wonder if anyone else has noticed this?
2022-7-6
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DPGNAS Posted at 7-6 09:09
Got an email back from DJI finally looks like they are acknowledging there is a problem but the issue is why didnt the last update fix all drones. This means that there are different batches of this drone with different chipsets, cpus, etc maybe?

Greetings from DJI Support Team. Thank you for your patience.

The next update will be a huge thing for most users!

They need to make this work to regain customer confidence in their product.
2022-7-6
Use props
fatsharkaunz
lvl.4
Australia

Mini-G Posted at 7-6 20:18
The next update will be a huge thing for most users!

They need to make this work to regain customer confidence in their product.

Your not wrong.
Just literally got mine today , and I'm doubting weather flying it is to risky atm till they fix all the issues we are seeing with it atm.
Very disappointing really , I had the same thing many years ago with the Phantom 3 when it first came out , no one was game to fly it for 2 months with all the issues it had ............wish they would stop using us a guinea pigs for testing and just get it right before release.
2022-7-7
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fatsharkaunz Posted at 7-7 06:11
Your not wrong.
Just literally got mine today , and I'm doubting weather flying it is to risky atm till they fix all the issues we are seeing with it atm.
Very disappointing really , I had the same thing many years ago with the Phantom 3 when it first came out , no one was game to fly it for 2 months with all the issues it had ............wish they would stop using us a guinea pigs for testing and just get it right before release.

I wonder since you just got yours if you have the “day 1 update” already…
There wasn’t much wrong with that
2022-7-7
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146644 ft
United Kingdom

went out flying today first flight since update and had the RC screen freeze also the craft didn't seem to be the same from my very first flight, it wasn't even windy and it seemed to be wobbling all over and i was low enough to reach up and grab it. some thing don't seem right to me.
2022-7-7
Use props
fatsharkaunz
lvl.4
Australia

Mini-G Posted at 7-7 06:49
I wonder since you just got yours if you have the “day 1 update” already…
There wasn’t much wrong with that

Arghh , didn't think to note what it was before doing the current update on it last night....
2022-7-7
Use props
djiuser_bktWpOOiO8Am
lvl.1

Chile

No map available in new rc controller with update! Flying blind even when tethered to phone.
2022-7-7
Use props
fansfbd2311f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 384698 ft
United States

droneXitalia Posted at 7-1 03:46
Please remember to update each battery.

Thanks DJI for the update!

I am new to drones.  How do I update each battery? Do I have to do the entire update with each battery?  (I have only one now, but my additional batteries are arriving next week)
2022-7-8
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146644 ft
United Kingdom

And whats with the camera auto focusing all the time on its own? didnt do that till this update!
2022-7-8
Use props
criscap
New

Belgium

Pourquoi, lorsque je me met en mode ciné, il passe en mode normal ? Cela m'arrive souvent
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_eXlwlAZtvrhz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623747 ft
Austria

Warum gibt es 2 Einschübe für die Micro Karten
2022-7-9
Use props
djiuser_eXlwlAZtvrhz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623747 ft
Austria

Wofür 2 Einschübe für die Micro Karten
2022-7-9
Use props
Indio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 303373 ft
  • >>>
Austria

djiuser_eXlwlAZtvrhz Posted at 7-9 03:47
Wofür 2 Einschübe für die Micro Karten

erstens solltest du deine fragen hier in english stellen

zweitens:
die karte in der drone nimmt die original files auf welche die kamera liefert.
die im RC controller wird verwendet um die bildschirmaufzeichnung und
den video cache zu speichern

first, you should ask your questions here in english

secondly:
the card in the drone records the original files provided by the camera.
the one in the RC controller is used to store the screen recording and
the video cache
2022-7-9
Use props
fans7994b8d0
New

United States

Just got a battery firmware update today. Was it part of the above set of updates?
2022-7-9
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

fans7994b8d0 Posted at 7-9 10:06
Just got a battery firmware update today. Was it part of the above set of updates?

You may want to plug all your batteries into your drone?
There might be an update for all of them.
2022-7-10
Use props
HScholz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1389495 ft
Germany

Anyone else who has the impression that videos are more blurry and not that sharp any more?
2022-7-10
Use props
demetrio2
New

Italy

when DJI RC PRO compatibility update will be available with Mavic Mini 3 pro
2022-7-10
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

Rud Posted at 7-6 09:28
Agree with that

we just have to wait a bit for that i think
2022-7-10
Use props
fans41fe21fa
New
Flight distance : 91873 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have the latest update on my mini 3 pro, I still lose signal from 15 in the middle of nowhere why are DJI doing this to us? I seriously am scared to fly my drone in fact I have come to the beautiful Isle of Iona to fly my mini 3 pro and I can not fly it more than a 20 feet circle in fear of a fly away, it loses contact for about 5/10 seconds at a time. I am so annoyed with DJI
2022-7-11
Use props
Bj0rn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 166289 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

How can you enable AFC mode while using video?
2022-7-11
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

DPGNAS Posted at 7-4 22:01
I hear you man

First issue some people in Canada and USA still are STILL having is signal range:

I'm having the same issue but I lose signal at less around 200 meters. I started a return and even have an authorization number and the shipping label ready to go but I'm still hesitating returning it for now. I'll wait another week or so for a firmware update as I'm sure they'll resolve this issue like they usually do.....
2022-7-11
Use props
Steval
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36532 ft
Canada

Regnator Posted at 7-5 11:53
Today I received package with Mini 3 Pro (N1), but during update process app DJI Fly and DJI Assistant 2 showing error and I am unable to update firmware to newest one. DJI Fly showing error -4000 at 65% and DJI Assistant 2 showing error 0x027a4c at 71%. What can I do else. I wrote to support.
I was so happy about new drone, I was waiting over 2 months for it, and all this for nothing. Probably support won't solve this problem and I will be force to send it back and wait forever for new one... Im soo frustrated  Why me ? :-/ Maybe you guys have any suggestions how to fix this update failure?
[view_image]

Did you finally succeded installing it ? I have a brand new mini 3 pro and stuck at the same place. Error 4000. tried Fan, Ice, everything here
2022-7-11
Use props
Regnator
lvl.2
Poland

Steval Posted at 7-11 18:35
Did you finally succeded installing it ? I have a brand new mini 3 pro and stuck at the same place. Error 4000. tried Fan, Ice, everything here
nope always errors during update. Drone came faulty to me. Hardware fault I guess. DJI adviced to send drone back to them. Today drone was sent back by UPS.
Screenshot_2022-07-06-10-34-21-66_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-06-10-34-32-78_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg
2022-7-11
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules