Is the DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit missing something?
2555 28 2022-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mini-G
Second Officer
Flight distance : 663304 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi all,
After weeks of waiting I finally picked up a Fly More Kit for the Mini 3 Pro.
I've always purchased the fly more combo and I can't help feeling there's something missing with this kit?

Anyone feel the same?

Thanks!
2022-7-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just in case ........ does what you received comply with the "what's in the box" listings?
2022-7-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-1 06:02
Just in case ........ does what you received comply with the "what's in the box" listings?

it's basically 2 batteries and a hub and an bunch of nothing else which is starting to remind me of those creative packages that b&h or adorama will pull together.  reminds me of gopro packages with a bunch of cleaning material, mounts, and/or cables.  unfortunately the fly more kit ends up polluting the world with a bunch of useless items that nobodys needs or asks for when simply trying to purchase more [overpriced] batteries.  no discrespect.  buying a car with undercoating additive, pin stripes, nitrogen air in the tires....
2022-7-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exactly. You're just missing what was previously offered, ND filters, charger/car-charger. Also, in the past an aircraft was included in the bag.
2022-7-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Why are you addressing that to me?  
Edit.   Hmmm this post was intended to be a reply to the Saint but something funny has happened with the ordering, there seems to be no post no3.

But in reply to KLRSKIR, I am not missing anything, lol.
I think it is very overpriced and will, if I want one, wait out the teething trouble (connection and fogging so far) and for a price drop or go second hand.  Plus no spare sticks and, if memory serves correctly, no mains charger with the drone ............despite the HUGE price jump when compared to the Mavic Mini & Mini 2.
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Yes.

I think I was use to getting filters and other things.
Also it could be Ive been waiting for weeks and for have been managing on 1 battery…
2022-7-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-1 06:09
Why are you addressing that to me?  
Edit.   Hmmm this post was intended to be a reply to the Saint but something funny has happened with the ordering, there seems to be no post no3.
And no spare sticks and, if memory serves correctly, no mains charger with the drone ............despite the HUGE price jump when compared to the Mavic Mini & Mini 2.

yeah the posts are screwing up for some reason.

all i want are extra batteries, please don't send extra clutter.

if you want sticks or chargers, buy them.  adding them to a kit and forcing them on everyone just makes them less available for everyone else who wants them and most importantly, they end up as waste.
2022-7-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 7-1 06:25

I am afraid we will have to disagree with regards to the sticks and probably the charger too, because, if memory serves correct DJI advocate quite a high output power charger, 60w?. If the latter is correct then it's a lot more powerful than those of the previous Minis, 18W?.
2022-7-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-1 06:35
I am afraid we will have to disagree with regards to the sticks and probably the charger too, because, if memory serves correct DJI advocate quite a high output power charger, 60w?. If the latter is correct then it's a lot more powerful than those of the previous Minis, 18W?.

not disagreeing with you or the facts.  but when i'm trying to buy a couple of batteries at a discount, why do you have to include a couple of sticks that i didnt ask for?  if i don't want the sticks, will you reduce the price of the kit by $xx or will you force me to take them even though i don't need them?  i already have a charger.  my point is, at this early stage, people are buying the fmk strictly for the batteries....99.9%.  and dji is polluting the world with bags and blades that will go 75% unused.
2022-7-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would be surprised if people ever bought a flymore for any other reason than the batteries and perhaps the charging hub and maybe the bag/case, especially where the hub also serves as a storage case. Certainly that was my motivation.
The likes of a car charger  (were applicable) and additional props added to the value but I doubt they were the primary reason for buying a flymore since after market car chargers were/are readily available for a fair bit less than DJI's asking price.
That said I would venture it is better to have spare props that are never used than to not have surplus spare props to hand and need them.
Anyhow we seem to have differing view points on this and perhaps are dragging the thread away from its intended purpose.
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 7-1 06:25

I wish it had extra sticks… you don’t even get them in the box…

I’m not a fan of the bag, the one from the Air2S is nicer and bigger.

2022-7-1
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

im on about my 10th drone and i have never needed sticks.  i know they break and people lose them but couldn't you just buy a set at that point?  unlike blades where you have a crash and need an extra set to keep flying, not sure how having an extra set of sticks on site is majorly helpful.  seems to me, most people who want another set of sticks might want a different type/style/length/color/etc.  therefore, personally i see zero value in including an extra set of oem sticks in any post-purchase bundle with other accessories.  and i'm coming at this partially from an eco-friendly perspective.
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

The Saint Posted at 7-1 08:00
im on about my 10th drone and i have never needed sticks.  i know they break and people lose them but couldn't you just buy a set at that point?  unlike blades where you have a crash and need an extra set to keep flying, not sure how having an extra set of sticks on site is majorly helpful.  seems to me, most people who want another set of sticks might want a different type/style/length/color/etc.  therefore, personally i see zero value in including an extra set of oem sticks in any post-purchase bundle with other accessories.  and i'm coming at this partially from an eco-friendly perspective.

Regarding the sticks, I’m just clumsy lol
The metal ones are so slippery…that said, he would cost nothing...I've just purchase generics off Amazon and I don't think the early generics have a correct thread measurement.

I agree with you regard a “Charge Plus” Kit (TM - me lol)
Two batteries & Charging dock, yes please!
2022-7-1
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 08:20
Regarding the sticks, I’m just clumsy lol
The metal ones are so slippery…that said, he would cost nothing...I've just purchase generics off Amazon and I don't think the early generics have a correct thread measurement.

The cool thing about the change they made on the DJI RC is that the screw end is on the gimbal so they sticks out a bit and is actually usable to control the gimbal if you have lost one of the stick. I've flow without attaching the sticks as I sometimes forgot to put them on first.
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Wiz33 Posted at 7-1 08:24
The cool thing about the change they made on the DJI RC is that the screw end is on the gimbal so they sticks out a bit and is actually usable to control the gimbal if you have lost one of the stick. I've flow without attaching the sticks as I sometimes forgot to put them on first.

Yep, guilty of doing that.

Not sure why they change the pin design from female to male…
It would have been nice if they kept the same thread diameter as the RC-N1, I feel like I’ll strip the thread on the RC
2022-7-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 08:26
.....I feel like I’ll strip the thread on the RC

Ditto the tiny male thread on the FPV joysticks.

Some pattern joysticks do have the wrong thread for the drone they are supposed to fit. I bought some that were advetised as for, I think, the Mavic Mini, Naaaaah.
2022-7-1
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-1 08:43
Ditto the tiny male thread on the FPV joysticks.

Some pattern joysticks do have the wrong thread for the drone they are supposed to fit. I bought some that were advetised as for, I think, the Mavic Mini, Naaaaah.

More monkey making..
2022-7-1
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 08:57
More monkey making..

If that was '"k" less' I think we are thinking along the same lines . Oooooo just realised there's a wonderful chance for a pun there......Live long and Prosper

2022-7-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

From previous FMKs it appears to be missing extra sticks, charger and ND filters.  
2022-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mini-G. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. The DJI Mini 3 Pro Fly More Kit ( https://store.dji.com/product/dji-mini-3-pro-fly-more-kit ) includes following the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery ( ×2 ), Two-way Charging Hub ( ×1), Propellers - Pair ( ×2 ), Screws ( ×12 ), Shoulder Bag ( ×1 ), and a USB 3.0 Type-C Data Cable ( ×1 ). Thank you.
2022-7-1
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

Mini-G Posted at 7-1 07:54
I wish it had extra sticks… you don’t even get them in the box…

I’m not a fan of the bag, the one from the Air2S is nicer and bigger.

Actually, I quite like the bag, despite some earlier reviews that it was "cheap".
I like it being compact, and I can store the RC without removing the sticks and the lanyard anchors.
I don't find it "cheap".   It's a $12 bag, it stores everything I need and it works well as a $12 bag.
2022-7-2
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

nosnoop Posted at 7-2 04:07
Actually, I quite like the bag, despite some earlier reviews that it was "cheap".
I like it being compact, and I can store the RC without removing the sticks and the lanyard anchors.
I don't find it "cheap".   It's a $12 bag, it stores everything I need and it works well as a $12 bag.

Hi, can I ask if you keep the recharging dock inside the bag or just the batteries?

Thanks!
2022-7-2
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

The missing sticks... just really cheap on DJI's part.  I can get over the charger, although this bird requires some juice.
2022-7-2
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Canada

Mini-G Posted at 7-2 04:47
Hi, can I ask if you keep the recharging dock inside the bag or just the batteries?

Thanks!

I use the recharging dock + batteries inside the bag, in case I need to charge the batteries in the car.  The dock is shorter than the RC, so you can put the RC in the next compartment without removing the sticks.
2022-7-2
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

nosnoop Posted at 7-2 08:15
I use the recharging dock + batteries inside the bag, in case I need to charge the batteries in the car.  The dock is shorter than the RC, so you can put the RC in the next compartment without removing the sticks.

Is a tight fit thats all.
2022-7-2
Use props
SafariMan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

No.
All as expected and as described.
(I wish it had a reserve drone as well, though)
2022-7-2
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Canada

Mini-G Posted at 7-2 08:16
Is a tight fit thats all.

You want a good fit as you don't want things shifting around.
I actually moved the divider to make the drone compartment slightly smaller/tighter to eliminate any room around the drone.   But I can still take the drone and RC in and out very easily with one hand.
2022-7-2
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

nosnoop Posted at 7-2 11:10
I actually moved the divider to make the drone compartment slightly smaller/tighter to eliminate any room around the drone.   But I can still take the drone and RC in and out very easily with one hand.

I didn’t realise it moved. I’ll give that a go.
2022-7-2
Use props
Mini-G
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

nosnoop Posted at 7-2 11:10
I actually moved the divider to make the drone compartment slightly smaller/tighter to eliminate any room around the drone.   But I can still take the drone and RC in and out very easily with one hand.

I didn’t realise it moved. I’ll give that a go.
2022-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules