Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wish List Item - 3D Focus System on the RSC 2 (please)
989 2 2022-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P Flanagan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32605 ft
United States

Hey folks, wondering if there is a wish list, or request list, or "customers are asking for this" list somewhere I can get this added to. I know the 3D Focus System, the older version one, not the newer $650+ USD one, WILL NOT, work right now with the RSC 2, only the RS 2. Would it be possible to ask the engineering folks the following and have the answers posted into the forum:

1. Could it work with the RSC 2 by coding a firmware update? If yes, is there someting in the works already, eta?

If there is a hardware limitation, like the processor can't handle it, or the menu system cannot prompt back for the measurable distance for calibration, can the system just be added to the phone app? I have no issue pointing the device at a target, measuring 1m, setting the focus motor, then pressing calibrate on the phone screen. Repeat for 4m.

2. If the physical hardware in the gimbal cannot support it, is there an SDK for both the RSC 2 and the 3D Focus system?

Again adding the setpoints to the phone app is an acceptble solution, if not I would think that all you would need is a second "in-line" chip with 2 programmable buttons. Press button 1, it goes red, move until the Lidar registers 1m, light goes yellow. Focus the lens on the target, press the same button again, it goes green and sets that point. Press button 2, it goes red, move to the 4m mark, it goes yellow, focus the lens, press again, it goes green. Now the extra logic chip knows where 1m and 4m are, how far to spin the focus motor to get there, and can calculate the other distances it reads as well. It would take 15 seconds to recalibrate when I change lenses, I don't need a profile for each lens I have.

Even if you made it an "add on" kit for the existing unit, un-screw the back, replace it with a new one with this chip, code, and buttons, and you get something that can work with all the older gimbals, and hopefully does not cost $650 USD when it is all done.

3. Does DJI plan to keep supporting this unit, the RSC 2? If not what the expected end of life and/or end of support date? If there are no plans to ever improve the capabilities of this unit, can you please let those of us who are smart enough have access to the code, schematics, and other specifications so we do not have to reverse engineer the device to improve it ourselves.

Thanks for making such great products.

2022-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there P Flanagan. Thank you for reaching out and for these information that you have shared with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you and have a nice day.
2022-7-1
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

The 3-D af module also does not work with the new RS-3 Pro. I can manually focus the lens with the thumb wheel but there is no provision for AF. I am not surprised by that but the new LiDAR module is exponentially more expensive.

I guess I knew that going in…
2022-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules