Noob here again... wifi extender charging question!
5290 18 2014-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bahamasboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

Hey all,
So, my vision 2 plus arrived today (happy dance)!  I'm in the process of charging everything and getting ready to do all firmware updates, calibrate etc.  BUT... no where in the manual (nor can I find it online anywhere online) does anyone discuss how to tell when your wifi extender is fully charged (while plugged in to the usb charger).   Great detail was given on the main phantom battery, but will the power light on the wifi extender change form orange to green? Shut off completely? etc once it's fully charged?  I've been charging for a couple of hours now.

thanks as always!

Bahamasboy
2014-12-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

The first charge will probably take 4 to 5 hours to charge and will turn green when fully charged.
2014-12-1
Use props
bahamasboy
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Gerry!  I think it's interesting that it's not clear in the manual.   Or maybe it's just me... I don't like to assume anything when dealing with things that fly far beyond my reach.
2014-12-1
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bahamasboy@aol. Posted at 2014-12-2 08:44
Thanks Gerry!  I think it's interesting that it's not clear in the manual.   Or maybe it's just me.. ...

The manual is lacking in some respects I think.  The range extender will just turn green when fully charged, but the green light will not go out.
2014-12-1
Use props
DJI-Autumn;-)
Second Officer

China

Yeep the 1st charge need to be at least 4 hours.
But I've seen someone's Extender didn't turn green even App showed it had been fully charged...
Its weird, and if you find the same problem just thread!
2014-12-2
Use props
billavery10
New

United States

DJI-Autumn;-) Posted at 2014-12-2 19:35
Yeep the 1st charge need to be at least 4 hours.
But I've seen someone's Extender didn't turn green  ...

The video instructed says it will turn Green.
2015-1-11
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Just for a laugh I looked it up in the manual, and sure enough all the information is there.
Solid Green = fully charged.
Solid Red = low voltage alert
Solid Yellow = charging
2015-1-11
Use props
bahamasboy.emai
lvl.4
United States

johnwarr... you must've received  the deluxe manual  Just double checked mine so I wouldn't fee like a complete dumba$$....no info in mine.  <I'm feeling better about myself now> LOL
2015-1-25
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Johnwarr is correct-o-mun-do!
Check middle of pg. 20 in both v1.4 and 1.6 of user manual..
2015-1-25
Use props
bahamasboy.emai
lvl.4
United States

Ok... now I'm a registered dumba$$!!  I've paid for my lifetime membership.  My card will be mailed in 8-10 days!
2015-1-25
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-2-18
Use props
Axeman This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-2-18
Use props
MilspecJSC
lvl.2

United States

Greetings, Does anyone know why the WIFI extender battery takes so long to recharge in contrast to the transmitter? Any knowledge would be appreciated.
2015-3-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

Axeman Posted at 2015-2-19 10:56
Charged wifi extender today until light went green. Made a short flight this evening and phantom app ...

Axeman,

I also encounter this. Seems like it takes forever to charge but depletes rapidly. Not sure why yet.

Jerry
2015-3-14
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Mils,
no clue and i have been wondering the same and looking for information and no answer yet, My gut tells me it is either something real special in terms of battery design or older charging technology, I am hoping the earlier as this thing is transmitting a ton of data between the Phantom and your phone and if it were 10 years ago that TX would probably have been the size of an ice box, either way it is crazy that it takes near 4 hrs. to charge. Maybe have to take it apart and have a closer look at the internals as that may shed some light on it...
2015-3-14
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Its charging via USB,now if you plug it into a USB 3 socket ............
2015-3-14
Use props
jtrjr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

crash1sttime Posted at 2015-3-15 00:41
Its charging via USB,now if you plug it into a USB 3 socket ............

I'm charging via USB3, still takes quite a while. Do you know if I can charge this with a 2.1 amp external charger? What amp is the USB3?
2015-3-14
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

mmmm it was meant as a joke as USB3 is faster than standard USB, sorry to disappoint
2015-3-14
Use props
Naza-PA
lvl.2

United States

It takes some time to change. I have 3A charger and it could take a while. I noticed it is orange (green+red) during charging and I thought it never get green, but it does and it did the first time for sure, just a little more patience or leave it overnight. I do not see it discharging quickly though. Good to see others are noticing it too. I think Phantom folks put too much of resistor to limit charging current, so it takes an eternity now. Not sure why? May be it is the type of battery they using, or may be they misread the battery specs on charging circuit. Kind of missed a 0 in the current value
2015-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules