AV-IN for goggle V2 not working
5722 4 2022-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GuggiDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61919 ft
Switzerland

No success to get the goggles connected to the LiftOff simulator.

I have tried a number of advices of the forum without luck.

The HDMI signal gets with an ADMI2AV adapter converted and on a 3,5 mm 4 pol AV jack cable.

Further I rewired (used the red instead the yellow connector) to get the video signal on the closest contact to the handle of the 3,5mm plug with GND on the second and checked with an oscilloscope for a working signal. All good.

Using the goggle firmware 01.02.0015 I tried the advice to change to different zoom settings. No success.

Any ideas what I could further do? How could I switch to ‘DJI Digital System’ mode with this firmware version? Do I need to downgrade the firmware to 01.02.0000 and how would I do this? Other ideas?

2022-7-1
Use props
GuggiDJI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61919 ft
Switzerland

Hi Guys, so I finally succeeded, AV-IN is working and I can see the LiftOff screen.

Overall, a reasonably good description or user-friendly handling of the Goggles from DJI would helped a lot, but no support! For me a reason to build now my own drones, where I have all under control, without playing detective.

So here how you get with the most recent firmware 01.02.0015 your AV-In working and fun with LiftOff.

1. Activate in "setup" the function "DJI Digital System". However, you might not get this option, then connect to you DJI FPV drone and miracle, it showed me the option.

2. Once you have selected "DJI Digital System", switch the goggle of, and on, and next miracle, you get a completely different menu with many new options.

3. Select "AV-IN", and you get a blue screen, as the 3,5 mm chinch connecter is now listening for an AV signal.

4. Use an ADMI2AV adapter to convert the HDMI signal to AV. (as described in other posts).

5. Find a 3,5 mm 4 pol AV jack cable and modify it as described in other posts. Meaning, and this is super important: GND at the first contact, closest to the handle, and the AV signal on the second contact, right aside from GND. Attention: Many cables have standard the GND on the second contact. So if you try to drive your signal to GND, you’ll get capacitive coupling, driving disturbing currents and a very blurry picture.

That’s it.

Took me about 4 hours of unnecessary time of a user-unfriendly product. Good luck!

Don’t hesitate to bombard me with questions, I have in the meantime involuntarily become an expert in AV signals for the DJI Goggles....

2022-7-8
Use props
freedom2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519747 ft
France

Thanks a lot for all these info.

I do have an HDMI to VGA adaptor and don't want to buy an HDMI2AV adaptor...
Do you know a simple way to build a cable adaptor VGA to AV ?

Thanks
2023-1-20
Use props
HThuren
New

Denmark

There are a very good video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QhUOmRLNAA
2023-6-21
Use props
Kipper1974
lvl.1
United Kingdom

GuggiDJI Posted at 2022-7-8 21:44
Hi Guys, so I finally succeeded, AV-IN is working and I can see the LiftOff screen.

Overall, a reasonably good description or user-friendly handling of the Goggles from DJI would helped a lot, but no support! For me a reason to build now my own drones, where I have all under control, without playing detective.

You don't need to modify any of the AV cables that you buy from Amazon or eBay.  If GND is on the 2nd notch away from the base of the plug then it's in CITA format.  All you need is a CITA to OMTP 3.5mm female to 3.5mm converter.   They're available on Amazon and eBay.
2023-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules