Incredible, had to buy another one
930 16 2022-7-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Over the years I have used many cameras. I have played with a few variants of GoPros and as much as they are durable, they can't produce as steady of a video as the Pocket 2. I must say, now, the Pocket 2 is by far my go-to camera. It is so small I can bring it with me anywhere and if I need to film something I would much rather use that than my phone.

This past winter, I was having so much fun with the Pocket 2 that my battery would run dry; so, I decided to purchase a second one. This video, the majority of it was filmed with the Pocket 2, the high-speed skiing scenes are most impressive as the stability is phenomenal. Filmed in 60fps, the slow-motion scenes were easy to work with.
The one thing I do worry about is the durability of the camera. I am always careful, but I still worry.

Please enjoy my video.

2022-7-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Greg_Toronto. Good day and thank you for sharing your  positive feedback for the DJI Pocket 2 and this impressive video you have filmed with your DJI Pocket 2. Again, thank you for your support and keep filming. .
2022-7-1
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent video showing the capabilities of the Pocket 2!
2022-7-2
Use props
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-1 21:59
Hello there Greg_Toronto. Good day and thank you for sharing your  positive feedback for the DJI Pocket 2 and this impressive video you have filmed with your DJI Pocket 2. Again, thank you for your support and keep filming.  .

Thank you!
2022-7-2
Use props
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

smbishop Posted at 7-2 03:37
Excellent video showing the capabilities of the Pocket 2!

Thank you. To be honest, the last scene (cleaning the camera) was a not a Pocket 2.
2022-7-2
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

It sure can do very stable video, and you managed to go great in that video The Pocket 2 is a very good camera overall. Have fun filming! :-)
2022-7-3
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fantastic filming.
2022-7-4
Use props
smbishop
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1859232 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greg_Toronto Posted at 7-2 05:20
Thank you. To be honest, the last scene (cleaning the camera) was a not a Pocket 2.

I was a clinic instructor at a ski school for over 15 years outside of Seattle, WA.  Your video brought back a lot of memories.  A lot of respect for the ski patrol!
2022-7-4
Use props
Greg_Toronto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

smbishop Posted at 7-4 12:06
I was a clinic instructor at a ski school for over 15 years outside of Seattle, WA.  Your video brought back a lot of memories.  A lot of respect for the ski patrol!

Thank you.
I've been doing it for 24 years; all volunteer with the exception of one year where I worked full-time at a resort. I have been instructing ski patrol for 12 of those years.
Since the 90s, I have been playing with camcorders and when editing moved to digital, I spent countless hours learning how to do things. I used my knowledge and n the past few years have started making on-snow training videos.
I have fun doing this stuff!
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Greg_Toronto. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. Have a safe and a happy filming always. .
2022-7-4
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Yeah, totally agree.
2022-7-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice work btw!
2022-7-6
Use props
djiuser_pm3PE3jqr6hD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1115 ft
United Kingdom

This is tremendous cheers
2023-1-16
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Great demo. Thank you. I do much the same, except I have the original pocket and a Pocket 2.

They’re probably stronger than they look because once I was filming with the Pocket 2 and not concentrating on where I was walking, I went straight down a ditch and I heard the gimbal make a weird noise as I went. When I got up, it was still videoing and nothing wrong, but it got quite a jolt! It looked so nasty on my video that I edited it out. It looked like I must have hurt myself badly, but was ok.
2023-1-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-17 08:35
Great demo. Thank you. I do much the same, except I have the original pocket and a Pocket 2.

They’re probably stronger than they look because once I was filming with the Pocket 2 and not concentrating on where I was walking, I went straight down a ditch and I heard the gimbal make a weird noise as I went. When I got up, it was still videoing and nothing wrong, but it got quite a jolt! It looked so nasty on my video that I edited it out. It looked like I must have hurt myself badly, but was ok.

Mine once dropped onto concrete from about one meter's height, when it accidentally popped out of it's tripod thread base that was attached to my bicycle through an action camera mount with a thread mount. One plastic cap from the gimbal got loose, but I could push it back by bare hands, after which it stayed back in its place without problems. Also some surface scratches, but other than that, it worked just fine even after the accident.

I also saw a video on YouTube where a content creator purposefully damaged their Osmo Pocket or Pocket 2 (can't remember which one) to see how much damage it could withstand without stopping functioning. It took a surprising amount of hits before malfunctioning started to occur (from things such as pouring water on it, dropping it on hard surfaces, setting it on fire etc.), so while I wouldn't use it for standard (or especially extreme sports) action camera stuff, it is maybe not as fragile as you would imagine at first. Still though, it kind of "hurted" me to see those things happen to that camera

EDIT: Found the video, it was the original Osmo Pocket.

Kids, don't try this at home
2023-1-17
Use props
Iancraig10
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HGDC84 Posted at 1-17 15:49
Mine once dropped onto concrete from about one meter's height, when it accidentally popped out of it's tripod thread base that was attached to my bicycle through an action camera mount with a thread mount. One plastic cap from the gimbal got loose, but I could push it back by bare hands, after which it stayed back in its place without problems. Also some surface scratches, but other than that, it worked just fine even after the accident.

I also saw a video on YouTube where a content creator purposefully damaged their Osmo Pocket or Pocket 2 (can't remember which one) to see how much damage it could withstand without stopping functioning. It took a surprising amount of hits before malfunctioning started to occur (from things such as pouring water on it, dropping it on hard surfaces, setting it on fire etc.), so while I wouldn't use it for standard (or especially extreme sports) action camera stuff, it is maybe not as fragile as you would imagine at first. Still though, it kind of "hurted" me to see those things happen to that camera

Thank you. It’s really surprising how the Pocket 2 coped with those tests! Many people instinctively feel that it is very delicate because of its size and the gimbal. That just shows how much it can actually take!
2023-1-17
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Iancraig10 Posted at 1-17 23:50
Thank you. It’s really surprising how the Pocket 3 coped with those tests! Many people instinctively feel that it is very delicate because of its size and the gimbal. That just shows how much it can actually take!

It did surprise me, too. Though I am not sure I would still like to do that to my own

But at least I have some positive experiences on the durability of the Pocket 2, I recently sent it for investigations due to problems with it and the water-proof case. And the inspection officially confirmed there is nothing wrong with the Pocket 2 itself - even after the forementioned fall I suffered with it. :-)
2023-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules