Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update broke 2 functions one being no MAP!
3290 29 2022-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HEX 5555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146644 ft
United Kingdom

Ok so just updated my mini 3 and now quick transfer don’t work at all! And now my map on the RC remote is pure white!

I have connected the RC to my home internet didn’t work connected it to mobile hotspot didn’t work!

Quick transfer just constantly says it’s connected to another mobile device and nothing helps tried all the fixes like turning off mobile data etc still don’t work.

My experience with this DJI drone is going down hill rapidly no support in site! Where is your online chat?

Any way looking at returning this drone as what’s the point when things don’t work and I get no help from support?  
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with a related video for our further check? Besides, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see if it works. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Says updates discontinued typical! more issues why is nothing easy with this product? also i can not give you a video but  did you even read my issue with quick transfer?

2022-7-3
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Greece

I found the "already connected to mobile device" is solved by manually forgetting the wifi network in the device settings then switching back into quick.

2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ok i got the correct assistant and refreshed the firmware update and my RC controller still can not load the maps!
What i have noticed which i can not remember what it said before is it shows my mini 3 as a network but its can not connect as password is wrong well i never set up a password for it so is this what the issue is?
2022-7-3
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

I have same issue with the map.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268499
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 7-3 06:45
I found the "already connected to mobile device" is solved by manually forgetting the wifi network in the device settings then switching back into quick.

what on my mobile?
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 7-3 06:52

So clearly an issue then! funny how the fly app manages to see my location lol.
2022-7-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On the quick transfer. Try the following:

1) On your phone switch off WiFi and switch off your phone. Leave it a few seconds
2) Switch your phone back on and enable WiFi.
3) Move out of settings and open the DJI fly app
4) Switch on the Drone and after a short while a Switch message should ping up on the DJI app screen
5) Tap the switch banner on the right and it should connect to your drone. It sometimes fails the first time but if so try again
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-3 07:12
On the quick transfer. Try the following:

1) On your phone switch off WiFi and switch off your phone. Leave it a few seconds

Well that's one problem sorted even though it was very clunky had to try a few times and when i was connected i disconnected about 4 times while trying to transfer 1 video.

Thank you very much for helping me with that issue but why can DJI fix this? its clearly an issue as i have searched and found loads of posts about this issue even over on another drone pilots forum.
2022-7-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 07:25
Well that's one problem sorted even though it was very clunky had to try a few times and when i was connected i disconnected about 4 times while trying to transfer 1 video.

Thank you very much for helping me with that issue but why can DJI fix this? its clearly an issue as i have searched and found loads of posts about this issue even over on another drone pilots forum.

Glad it worked for you
2022-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 7-3 06:18
Hi, there. We are greatly sorry to hear about that. Could you please provide us with a related video for our further check? Besides, please try to refresh the firmware via DJI Assistant 2 to see if it works. Please rest assured we will try our best to help you out.

I can confirm that the map and buttons on the right side don't work at all on the DJI RC after the latest update that includes DJI Fly v1.6.8.  

The maps work fine with the RC-N1 with my iPhone and Android based TriplTek tablet.  However, the map does not work at all on the DJI RC.  I don't personally have a RC Pro, but I've seen reports of similar behavior of the maps not working on it as well after updating to v1.6.8.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 7-3 07:47
I can confirm that the map and buttons on the right side don't work at all on the DJI RC after the latest update that includes DJI Fly v1.6.8.  

The maps work fine with the RC-N1 with my iPhone and Android based TriplTek tablet.  However, the map does not work at all on the DJI RC.  I don't personally have a RC Pro, but I've seen reports of similar behavior of the maps not working on it as well after updating to v1.6.8.

Yes the fly app works on my iPhone it has to be an issue with the RC controller i may revert back the firmware.
2022-7-3
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

Same. Maps are gone with latest update.
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jefish Posted at 7-3 12:28
Same. Maps are gone with latest update.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We recommend that you connect the DJI RC to the drone in an outdoor open environment, then connect to the Internet and check whether the map can be loaded normally. If there is any problem, please send us the log of the DJI RC via Google drive or Dropbox. Please don't worry. We will do our best to help.
Export log from DJI RC: After connecting DJI RC to DJI Assistant 2, click "Export Log", select the log to be exported, and click "Save Local".
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 08:07
Yes the fly app works on my iPhone it has to be an issue with the RC controller i may revert back the firmware.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will check this problem as soon as possible. And if there is any update. We will reply here at the same time.
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I can confirm that the map and buttons on the right side don't work at all on the DJI RC after the latest update that includes DJI Fly v1.6.8.  

The maps work fine with the RC-N1 with my iPhone and Android based TriplTek tablet.  However, the map does not work at all on the DJI RC.  I don't personally have a RC Pro, but I've seen reports of similar behavior of the maps not working on it as well after updating to v1.6.8.

Hi, there. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We will check these problems and keep you updated. And also, for the problem of the map: we recommend that you connect the DJI RC to the drone in an outdoor open environment, then connect to the Internet and check whether the map can be loaded normally. If there is any problem, please send us the log of the DJI RC via Google drive or Dropbox. Please don't worry. We will do our best to help.
Export log from DJI RC: After connecting DJI RC to DJI Assistant 2, click "Export Log", select the log to be exported, and click "Save Local".
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

MySky Posted at 7-3 06:52

Hi, MySky. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please connect the DJI RC to the drone in an outdoor open environment, then connect to the Internet and check whether the map can be loaded normally. If there is any problem, please send us the log of the DJI RC via Google drive or Dropbox. Please don't worry. We will do our best to help.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-3 23:58
Hi, MySky. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Could you please connect the DJI RC to the drone in an outdoor open environment, then connect to the Internet and check whether the map can be loaded normally. If there is any problem, please send us the log of the DJI RC via Google drive or Dropbox. Please don't worry. We will do our best to help.

I think this is an insult! So it can not possibly be your update that broke it!
2022-7-4
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

And this is why I let the Guinea pigs update first. Sorry I know its a pathetic comment, but its the way it is with firmware updates. Historically, they can and will make or break items, from drones, gopros and many other devices. Too many have this fear of missing out and the lure of the update entertains them. My Mavic pro and phantoms have never been updated from new and have always been 100% true in flight.

The old saying if it aint broke, dont fix it, really comes into it with these drones.

I won't be going near these updates until a few months have passed.

Sorry to hear you have issues. nexty time, hold off and wait and see what happens with others first........Trust me, you will thank me for it.
2022-7-4
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 7-4 00:09
And this is why I let the Guinea pigs update first. Sorry I know its a pathetic comment, but its the way it is with firmware updates. Historically, they can and will make or break items, from drones, gopros and many other devices. Too many have this fear of missing out and the lure of the update entertains them. My Mavic pro and phantoms have never been updated from new and have always been 100% true in flight.

The old saying if it aint broke, dont fix it, really comes into it with these drones.
No I agree and I normally do that with my PC but this is first time with a DJI and expected more if I’m honest
2022-7-4
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-4 00:25
No I agree and I normally do that with my PC but this is first time with a DJI and expected more if I’m honest

Agreed. I think there a lot of people desperate to get their drone working properly.
2022-7-4
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-3 23:58

See here.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 499&pid=2789372
2022-7-4
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 08:07
Yes the fly app works on my iPhone it has to be an issue with the RC controller i may revert back the firmware.

Zero issues here running 1.6.8 on the RC Controller maps are fine
2022-7-4
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Yesterday there was issues only another forum post with over 60 comments with the same issue, but DJI has now remembered to switch the server on lol
2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Thanks for your feedback. We will keep an eye on it and try our best to locate the issue. Thank you.
2022-7-5
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The map has magically fixed its self for EVERYONE at the same time so I assume you switched the servers on lol.
The quick transfer I got fixed thanks to some one in these forums however it’s very clunky and needs some love as it isn’t “quick” at all its faster to plug a card reader into my phone and then put the micro sd card from the drone into it to get the photos on my phone.

But we can just hope you have a look at it.
2022-7-5
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

DJI Thor Posted at 7-5 00:50
Hi, there. Sorry to hear about that. To better locate the issue, you are advised to follow the steps we provided above and export the logs. We will forward it to our engineer for further analysis. Thanks for your understanding and support.

Sorry, but as it was a global issue that has already been solved one day ago, may i ask you to provide the server logs from your internal teams to the community, so that we can analyse the root cause why the map service was not available .
2022-7-5
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 7-5 07:57
Sorry, but as it was a global issue that has already been solved one day ago, may i ask you to provide the server logs from your internal teams to the community, so that we can analyse the root cause why the map service was not available .

Now your asking lol don’t like our chances
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

MySky Posted at 7-5 07:57
Sorry, but as it was a global issue that has already been solved one day ago, may i ask you to provide the server logs from your internal teams to the community, so that we can analyse the root cause why the map service was not available .

Thanks for your update. Please note that our team has located the issue and gotten it addressed. We will keep an eye on every user's feedback. Thank you.
2022-7-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules