Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Map issue after RC Update (01.00.0201)
123Next >
11608 110 2022-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Usually i don't use the map, as i fly VLOS, but today i wanted to do some tests, updating the HP manually as i planed to have boat trip.
But no map showing up. This also means no "No Fly Zone" information viewable on a map.
If i click the button on the bottom to change to another map i get the message "Map App not installed".
Does anyone else have the same issue ?

2022-7-3
Use props
HarleyFlyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1356178 ft
United Kingdom

I have found last day or so since update - sometimes map shows up and sometimes it doesn't - I give it plenty of time, connected to my hotspot prior to launch - but it's not consistent
2022-7-3
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

Even at home wifi it does not work.
What i also discovered, if i want to replay a flight from the flight data center there is the same issue.
Only if go to the FlyApp main screen and click on the location on the top left, this map works.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146644 ft
United Kingdom

Hello mate i see you found my post also, well this is clearly an issue then! https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;extra=#pid2788570
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mysky if you look in the networks on the RC controller do you see your drone as i can but says wrong password under it, i didnt even set a password for it lol
2022-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16641309 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same thing with Fly v1.6.8 on the RC whether connected to my Mini 3 Pro or my Mavic 3.  Looks like an app bug that needs to be squashed and a new version released!
2022-7-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How many times does DJI Try to fix something only to break something else
2022-7-3
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 06:56
Mysky if you look in the networks on the RC controller do you see your drone as i can but says wrong password under it, i didnt even set a password for it lol

Yes it is the same.
This has already been discussed a few weeks ago, but do not remember exactly.
This was a technical topic, but nothing to care or to be worried about.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

MySky Posted at 7-3 07:25
Yes it is the same.
This has already been discussed a few weeks ago, but do not remember exactly.
This was a technical topic, but nothing to care or to be worried about.

Ahhh thanks i was wandering if this was part of the issue we are having with our maps. Lets hope this gets fixed asap.
2022-7-3
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

And the 3rd related issue, "Find my drone" is also broken !No map info.
2022-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

This issue appears to be specific to the Fly app v1.6.8 on the DJI RC.  The map and associated buttons on the right side don't work at all while connected to Wifi for either my Mini 3 Pro or my Mavic 3.  With the same version of Fly installed on my iPhone as well as my Android based TriplTek tablet, maps seem to work just fine.  
2022-7-3
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Germany

KlooGee Posted at 7-3 07:29
This issue appears to be specific to the Fly app v1.6.8 on the DJI RC.  The map and associated buttons on the right side don't work at all while connected to Wifi for either my Mini 3 Pro or my Mavic 3.  With the same version of Fly installed on my iPhone as well as my Android based TriplTek tablet, maps seem to work just fine.

I can confirm that it is only related to the DJi RC.
On my Android tablet and phone everything is working with 1.6.8.   and the RC-N1.
2022-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 7-3 07:35
I can confirm that it is only related to the DJi RC.
On my Android tablet and phone everything is working with 1.6.8.   and the RC-N1.

I don't personally have an RC Pro, but I've also just seen a report in a Mavic 3 Facebook group of the same thing happening with it as well.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

So who is liable if my drone goes missing as the find my drone no longer works due to their update, me for flying with out it or them for releasing a firmeware that broke it?
2022-7-3
Use props
nOxxxx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I am more and more fed up with DJI products. How can an update be released with subsequent bugs? Is anyone doing sabotage in this company? It is incomprehensible.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Im going to have revert back the firmware.
2022-7-3
Use props
K9JDN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

I concur, I have no map support on the DJI RC in firmware version (01.00.0201) with DJI Fly 1.6.8.
2022-7-3
Use props
K9JDN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 893819 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-3 07:15
How many times does DJI Try to fix something only to break something else

Everytime!
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_GHS4HzvEx5E2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Having the same problem, nothing map wise works
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Anyone tried reverting back?
2022-7-3
Use props
Jaysix23
New
Flight distance : 9885 ft
United States

I can confirm as well that I just received my Mini 3 Pro with the RC controller and after updating I can no longer get anything to work with the Map that is accessible in the Camera View Mode. The map with the fly zones appears to work perfectly fine from the home screen but I cannot access it at all or use any of the buttons on the right side of the screen while in Camera Mode.
2022-7-3
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

K9JDN Posted at 7-3 09:17
I concur, I have no map support on the DJI RC in firmware version (01.00.0201) with DJI Fly 1.6.8.

... on the DJI RC there is no firmware 01.00.0200, but the version 01.01.0000, along with the Fly App 1.6.8!

The DJI RC Pro (along with the Mavic 3) has similar issues, but the firmware hasn't changed at all on this unit!
Rather, the Fly App 1.6.8 was also made available here...

It will probably be due to this (untested) Fly App. Very sad, DJI...!!!
2022-7-3
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 09:40
Anyone tried reverting back?

Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade the firmware on the DJI RC (which also includes the "current" DJI Fly App 1.6.8)!!!
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 7-3 09:56
Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade the firmware on the DJI RC (which also includes the "current" DJI Fly App 1.6.8)!!!

there is on the DJI assistant. found in this link, i seen it just not tried it. https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads ... sumer-drones-series
2022-7-3
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 10:10
there is on the DJI assistant. found in this link, i seen it just not tried it. https://www.dji.com/uk/downloads/softwares/dji-assistant-2-consumer-drones-series

... as already said, a downgrade of the firmware of the DJI RC is not offered!!!
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 7-3 09:52
... on the DJI RC there is no firmware 01.00.0200, but the version 01.01.0000, along with the Fly App 1.6.8!

The DJI RC Pro (along with the Mavic 3) has similar issues, but the firmware hasn't changed at all on this unit!

I have the DJI RC and it does say firmware 01.00.0201 with the 1.6.8 app
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 7-3 10:12
... as already said, a downgrade of the firmware of the DJI RC is not offered!!!

must of imagined it then will look again tomorrow as it said the 3 firmware options and it said revert next to the old 2 and refresh next to the current 0201 version.
As i dont remeber getting a firmware update for the RC.
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_is0xPSzfFw64
lvl.1

Canada

i don't have the map on my RC controler and i'm connected to my phone for the internet connection. I fly my drone for the first time today after doing all the firmware update. So i can't say that it's the firmware or not.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

djiuser_is0xPSzfFw64 Posted at 7-3 10:17
i don't have the map on my RC controler and i'm connected to my phone for the internet connection. I fly my drone for the first time today after doing all the firmware update. So i can't say that it's the firmware or not.

It is mate as mine was fine the day before the update.
2022-7-3
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

This is an issues with the RC update itself for DJI Fly app. On my RC N1 it loads quickly as it supposed to do but on the Dji RC with Mini 3 or Mavic 3 I have no maps until a few minutes or so have passed.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 7-3 11:08
This is an issues with the RC update itself for DJI Fly app. On my RC N1 it loads quickly as it supposed to do but on the Dji RC with Mini 3 or Mavic 3 I have no maps until a few minutes or so have passed.

Well you’re lucky least you’re getting the maps lol
2022-7-3
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357047 ft
Germany

Besides the funny discussions, is DJI already on this or is this purely a user forum?
Has everyone who has problems opened a support case about it?

Is there any way we can compare this ourselves?
What is the difference between RC controllers that work and RC controllers that no longer work?
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

RoZis Posted at 7-3 11:48
Besides the funny discussions, is DJI already on this or is this purely a user forum?
Has everyone who has problems opened a support case about it?

Some one from DJi replied with a token copy and paste reply on my post and not replied since and I’m also talking to some one on Dji support twitter account but they have gone quiet also.
2022-7-3
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 08:15
Im going to have revert back the firmware.

Dont think you can do that any more
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-3 12:17
Dont think you can do that any more

Well guess I’m screwed then till the acknowledge the issue and fix it, at least I’m seeing more and more people with this issue so I know it isn’t a me issue lol
2022-7-3
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

In trying to troubleshoot/fix the RC location issue in https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=265253, I ended up factory-resetting my RC controller. Since then, I have no mapping functionality in the Go Fly section at all.

In the main RC screen, with drone on and locked, I can go to Fly Spots and see the drone's location on the map, I can zoom in to houses and businesses, switch to satellite view, etc.

But when going to Go Fly, the map inside the Fly app is empty, always, and none of the side buttons (i, eraser, H, N, layer) do anything. Updating home point does open the dialog for me to "drag map around" with no error, but there's no map to drag. Can no longer replay flight logs from Profile > More, as there's no map to show the flight paths.
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I have now had 2 youtubers get back to me and going to take a look, just strange they have not had this issue. For some reason I think it’s to do with my mini 3 network not connecting as it now says wrong password below it which I never noticed before
2022-7-3
Use props
fans5929d3b1
New
United States

I have called them earlier today, it started happening to me after some updates.  My map is just a blank white screen.  I'm waiting on an email from DJI to upload whatever data/info they need to help troubleshoot the cause.  Looks like it's not just me, so they must be getting a bunch of info around this by now, hopefully they will release a fix soon.  The only good thing is the compass still seems to work, its just the map and I can use a sep map app to make sure I'm not in a no fly zone.  Also, I'm in the USA, not sure if this is region specific or not.
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_NREYqR9uBKou
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I have probably spent the best part of 15k with dji this year alone they need to pack launching half baked products! Else me and my company will be ditching them. We always buy the latest tech but pointless when its released not fit for purpose
2022-7-3
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

fans5929d3b1 Posted at 7-3 13:28
I have called them earlier today, it started happening to me after some updates.  My map is just a blank white screen.  I'm waiting on an email from DJI to upload whatever data/info they need to help troubleshoot the cause.  Looks like it's not just me, so they must be getting a bunch of info around this by now, hopefully they will release a fix soon.  The only good thing is the compass still seems to work, its just the map and I can use a sep map app to make sure I'm not in a no fly zone.  Also, I'm in the USA, not sure if this is region specific or not.

Nope its over in Blighty to, tried the usual stuff clearing cache, restarting post action but still no map detail showing. Checked ipad & phone (Droid) both show map detail in the flying screen & find my drone so its a dji rc specific issue as others state. Tried using wifi & bt tethering no difference.  So only getting basic polygon & flight zone overlays no street level or satellite overlays.  Needs addressing sharpish, no idea how that got past some basic QC pre release. Now waiting for a 0202 release.
2022-7-3
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules