123Next >
11654 110 2022-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thanos Bistolas
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87434 ft
United Kingdom

same issue with me. Unfortunately, they have messed up with the app. Interestingly, if I choose to go to flyspots the maps are loading but when I go back to the main app screen, the maps are blank so it is not an internet connection issue. It must be a bug in the app itself
2022-7-3
Use props
Dragonfyr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912661 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Had the same issue.

I thought that this was a signal issue with my flight earlier.
2022-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 12:38
I have now had 2 youtubers get back to me and going to take a look, just strange they have not had this issue. For some reason I think it’s to do with my mini 3 network not connecting as it now says wrong password below it which I never noticed before

You’ve got a full page of people here with the same issue very clearly documenting exactly what is going on, but you felt it necessary to bother additional people?  For what purpose?

Only DJI needs to fix it at this point. What else do you need?
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_TdbnuuNnoZVZ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 649596 ft
United States

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 08:06
So who is liable if my drone goes missing as the find my drone no longer works due to their update, me for flying with out it or them for releasing a firmeware that broke it?

Find My Drone will still give you “last known coordinates.”  copy and paste them into Google Maps and you’ll know where your drone is.
2022-7-3
Use props
PostwarPhoenix
New
Flight distance : 211906 ft
United States

Well at least I now know it wasn't something I did. Just updated the firmware and no no flight maps that show home point or anything. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MySky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro via DJI Assistant 2 to see the issue will still persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2022-7-3
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-3 19:13
Hello there MySky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mini 3 Pro via DJI Assistant 2 to see the issue will still persist. Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Are you kidding!?  There are multiple posts from tons of users having the exact same problem with maps not working on the RC or RC Pro with Fly v1.6.8.   This is obviously not a “refresh the firmware” situation.  Make sure you notify the appropriate department of the massive number of reports of this problem.  .  
2022-7-3
Use props
MXss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6790833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I actually refreshed my mini 3 rc version using the assistant app to see if this would fix the map issue but it has not. I am having the same issue here, Canada, North American MIni 3 version with RC. This is a serious issue like the signal problems (which could be related) to this map issue.
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_t7rzmMNQXxP5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 624163 ft
United States

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 08:15
Im going to have revert back the firmware.

How do I do that? Thank you sir
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_t7rzmMNQXxP5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 624163 ft
United States

Dji mini 3 assistant 2 doesn’t work in newer macs. I have the same issue. Can you guys push an update plz  (no maps even if I had 20 locked gps)
F48F5F04-7926-44F8-8838-A54813B4266B.jpeg
8DC793DB-DD19-448E-AC9D-D0DF433C517C.jpeg
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146644 ft
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 7-3 15:38
You’ve got a full page of people here with the same issue very clearly documenting exactly what is going on, but you felt it necessary to bother additional people?  For what purpose?

Only DJI needs to fix it at this point. What else do you need?

Who you think you are you liary idiot! More people the better stop getting mouthy!
2022-7-3
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

If you read my post DJI you would know the refresh don’t work!
2022-7-3
Use props
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1218196 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

And same issue here. DJI RC Firmware: 01.01.0000, App Version: 1.6.8, Aircraft Firmware: 01.00.0201. Map view is blank, both in minimized and maximized displays. Flight path is not recorded during flight and tools icons on the right side of the maximized map do not work. Only the clear flight path icon seems to do something (at least it shows the button pressed animation), but as there is no flight path recorded, it doesn't do anything real.
2022-7-3
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Hello DJI Stephen,

Refresh doesn't help, and as already documented by many other pilots (see this whole thread and others) this is a bug that appeared with the last RC, FlyApp  and aircraft update.
This is related to DJI RC.
2022-7-3
Use props
Chorge1972
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1361499 ft
Germany

Same here!
All Maps are gone! In flight and also the old Log under Profile…
In the FlyApp on my iPhone the old Logs look fine - it’s a exclusive Problem with my DJI-RC!
Complete Reset did not improve! And yes, I‘m in the WLAN
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. And we recommend that you connect the DJI RC to the drone in an outdoor open environment, then connect to the Internet and check whether the map can be loaded normally. If there is any problem, please send us the log of the DJI RC via Google drive or Dropbox. Please don't worry. We will do our best to help.
Export log from DJI RC: After connecting DJI RC to DJI Assistant 2, click "Export Log", select the log to be exported, and click "Save Local".
2022-7-4
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 7-4 00:08
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. And we recommend that you connect the DJI RC to the drone in an outdoor open environment, then connect to the Internet and check whether the map can be loaded normally. If there is any problem, please send us the log of the DJI RC via Google drive or Dropbox. Please don't worry. We will do our best to help.
Export log from DJI RC: After connecting DJI RC to DJI Assistant 2, click "Export Log", select the log to be exported, and click "Save Local".

These copy and paste replies are making me want to sale this drone! It’s never DJIs fault is it?
2022-7-4
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 7-3 09:56
Unfortunately, there is no way to downgrade the firmware on the DJI RC (which also includes the "current" DJI Fly App 1.6.8)!!!

There is a way to downgrade the upgrade DJI Fly app on the rc pro actually, as detailed by another user on my post for the rc pro Link. This worked for me to revert to 1.6.6 which the maps does work with correctly.  As the user Monkey007 posted:

"On the RC Pro, go to home screen--->settings--->apps--->DJI FLY, then click on the 3 dots on the top right hand corner, then select 'uninstall updates'. This will revert your FLY app to 1.6.6"
2022-7-4
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Axelz Posted at 7-4 00:37
There is a way to downgrade the upgrade DJI Fly app on the rc pro actually, as detailed by another user on my post for the rc pro Link. This worked for me to revert to 1.6.6 which the maps does work with correctly.  As the user Monkey007 posted:

"On the RC Pro, go to home screen--->settings--->apps--->DJI FLY, then click on the 3 dots on the top right hand corner, then select 'uninstall updates'. This will revert your FLY app to 1.6.6"

The thing is mate the .8 version was working it’s since the firmware update, as I was on the .8 the day before the update and it was fine.  But this is good to know for a work around till DJI admit they broke some thing.
2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_GHS4HzvEx5E2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Tried to refresh and it hasnt helped. Still no maps and all map control is frozen
2022-7-4
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36752 ft
United Kingdom

I don't this post is helpful at all, I new fly app version needs to be realised as soon as possible. To me it looks like the map app has been left out of the version 1.6.8.

Please pass a link to this thread to the correct dept to correct asap

Many Thanks
Ian
2022-7-4
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

2022-7-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Cauffy Posted at 7-4 01:52
I don't this post is helpful at all, I new fly app version needs to be realised as soon as possible. To me it looks like the map app has been left out of the version 1.6.8.

Please pass a link to this thread to the correct dept to correct asap

Hi, there. Please don't worry. This problem will be solved soon. And we will also keep you updated.
2022-7-4
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I don’t know what’s happening but I took my drone round my mothers and the map instantly loaded up! What the hell is going on?
2022-7-4
Use props
BaynhamPhoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 380978 ft
United Kingdom

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-4 02:00
I don’t know what’s happening but I took my drone round my mothers and the map instantly loaded up! What the hell is going on?

Same here checked early doors was still missing just tried it & its there suggesting DJI end not the remote   doubt there will be disclosure on cause but at least its back
2022-7-4
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

I´m not sure if I´m happy that my map is still working under FW 201

The satellite resolution has become extremely poor in "FLY" mode, large roads are no longer visible, unusable.

We have a very good resolution outside Hamburg.
The RC controller shows a higher resolution on the map of the start page than in "FLY" mode.
There is also a detail change in the "FLY" mode at the city limits of Hamburg.
Apparently, less high-resolution map material is accessed in "FLY" mode, older satellite data.
In rural areas the resolution is unusable. DJI has used incorrect settings here.

To compare the Startpage Map resolution and the Fly Map resolution, see my screenshots below

It looks like, the get different data or different levels of resolution.

At the border to Hamburg, the quality changed

And next, here at Google Maps - Hamburg
Screenshots from Startpage Map compared to Fly Map
Complete different kind of quality and date set!?!

Is this possibly an intervention to make it more difficult to use in the military sector?
2022-7-4
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

Issue SOLVED !

Have just been out for a short flight.
Everything again works as it should.

As i did not reinstall any FW via DJI Assistant nor done any factory reset, this issue seems to be an connection issue to / on DJI's servers.

Hopfully this will be kept stable now.

Thanks to DJI that it has been solved that quick without another FW update.
2022-7-4
Use props
onymar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 564400 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RoZis Posted at 7-4 03:00
I´m not sure if I´m happy that my map is still working under FW 201

The satellite resolution has become extremely poor in "FLY" mode, large roads are no longer visible, unusable.

Exactly the same in the UK, satellite resolution in the app is unusable.
Have DJI deliberately lowered the resolution in the app due to performance restrictions with the RC CPU?
2022-7-4
Use props
GLOBAL HAWK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287841 ft
Australia

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-4 02:00
I don’t know what’s happening but I took my drone round my mothers and the map instantly loaded up! What the hell is going on?

Maybe bring your Mother out with you from now on when you go flying....... Just saying
2022-7-4
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

GLOBAL HAWK Posted at 7-4 03:09
Maybe bring your Mother out with you from now on when you go flying....... Just saying

That’s a good idea.  Lol
2022-7-4
Use props
fans5929d3b1
New
United States

I tried this with a tech yesterday and it didn't work.
2022-7-4
Use props
Cauffy
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The maps im seeing since the 1.6.8 update is probably from the cache in my remote as its extremely blury and not safe to fly at all. Hopefully it will be fixed soon with app update or a server fix. Personally i think its an app issue. I've had no problem with maps until the update last week.

Time will tell over the next few days...
2022-7-4
Use props
Scotty11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1178 ft
Germany

onymar Posted at 7-4 03:09
Exactly the same in the UK, satellite resolution in the app is unusable.
Have DJI deliberately lowered the resolution in the app due to performance restrictions with the RC CPU?

The maps are back again here in germany. 28 Satellites in rural aera. Not bad.
2022-7-4
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

Scotty11 Posted at 7-4 03:30
The maps are back again here in germany. 28 Satellites in rural aera. Not bad.

Is it correct that the RC controller uses two different card bases?
In flight mode now one so low detailed that even main roads are barely visible

2022-7-4
Use props
Scotty11
lvl.3
Germany

RoZis Posted at 7-4 03:55
Is it correct that the RC controller uses two different card bases?
In flight mode now one so low detailed that even main roads are barely visible

No problem here. Maps from Fly Spots and Fly App look the same. Your pics look like uncomplete load due to bad wifi connect.
2022-7-4
Use props
Mike107
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224291 ft
United States

Blank Map Box and No RTH Icon after Updating to 1.6.8 and 01.00.0201
This is despite strong internet connections by wifi.

Here is my current status in general:
I have updated the Mini 3 Pro to firmware 01.00.0201 and the controller to 01.01.0000....multiple times.
I am STILL having issues with RC controller screen lock, most often precipitated by use of Active Track and occasionally by the device attempting to lock on a target and going into Spotlight.
Parallel track is spontaneously converting to Spotlight at times and without me tilling it to do so.
The controller sometimes jump back to othe Go Fly intro screen without user input.

Details about the Map Box:
The DJI RC Controller Map Function in Camera View is no longer operating after updating.
The map box is blank. No Home point, no aircraft symbol.
There is no RTH screen icon in the camera view screen.

After enlarging the map box, pinching does nothing.
In the map box the only side icon that seems to respond to touch is the eraser.
The RTH button on the RC Controller still worked.
The Location feature on the RC controller homepage shows my correct location.

I have updated RC Controller and mini 3 Pro firmware multiple times.
I have used multiple wifi sources  when attempting to get maps downladed and functioning--home, vehicle, iPhone.
I have tried to load and cache maps at home, in the field before flight, after takeoff and having turned back on wifi hotspot and bluetooth.
I typically have 29-30 satellites locked
AirData, SRT viewer, Phantom FlightLog analysis shows the expected trace/GPS data.

See also This Link at Mavic PilotsThis thread at Mavic Pilots for examples of other issues and concerns after update to 1.6.8 and 01.00.0201. [can't seem to get link to function, apologies  Mini 3 Pro RC Screen Lock and Dangerous Loss of Aircraft Control with App 1.6.8 | DJI Mavic, Air & Mini Drone Community (mavicpilots.com) ]

Mike

2022-7-4
Use props
Scotty11
lvl.3
Germany

Mike107 Posted at 7-4 04:23
Blank Map Box and No RTH Icon after Updating to 1.6.8 and 01.00.0201
This is despite strong internet connections by wifi.

Try again. Seems like DJI found a solution.
2022-7-4
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Scotty11 Posted at 7-4 04:46
Try again. Seems like DJI found a solution.

They remembered to switch the server on lol
2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_VNFb6IZHcu6y
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206864 ft
Sweden

nOxxxx Posted at 7-3 08:11
I am more and more fed up with DJI products. How can an update be released with subsequent bugs? Is anyone doing sabotage in this company? It is incomprehensible.

Agree. This is unacceptable.
2022-7-4
Use props
fans4257d51d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 117818 ft
  • >>>
United States

This morning, the maps on my Dji RC controller began working. I just turned on my mini 3 then turned on the controller, it connected to my WiFi at home and the maps were there in the flight section.
2022-7-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules