Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Map issue after RC Update (01.00.0201)
11613 110 2022-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

MySky Posted at 7-4 03:07
Issue SOLVED !

Have just been out for a short flight.

Thank you for the heads up! Much appreciated.
2022-7-4
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

As there is a different behavior in managing map data for the FlyApp version running on

- DJI RC (Anroid 10) -> map issue

- and a Android  mobile or tablet (Android >= 11) -> NO map issue

I now found another different behavior in managing the Flight data.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268579
2022-7-4
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

onymar Posted at 7-4 03:09
Exactly the same in the UK, satellite resolution in the app is unusable.
Have DJI deliberately lowered the resolution in the app due to performance restrictions with the RC CPU?

I thought it was just my eyes, Satellite imagery resolution is so low you can't use it
2022-7-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can also confirm that maps appear to be working again on the RC.
2022-7-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 22:06
Who you think you are you liary idiot! More people the better stop getting mouthy!

Not sure what you are accusing me of being a liar about?!  Was just curious why you felt it necessary to bother some YT’ers about this?  Did you think they would fix it for you?  99% of them know less than most of us.  As I said, it was just up to DJI to fix the issue and it appears they already have over night.  
2022-7-4
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146644 ft
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 7-4 06:40
Not sure what you are accusing me of being a liar about?!  Was just curious why you felt it necessary to bother some YT’ers about this?  Did you think they would fix it for you?  99% of them know less than most of us.  As I said, it was just up to DJI to fix the issue and it appears they already have over night.

Learn to read I didn’t call you a liar I said your liary!
2022-7-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-4 07:12

Ok, so since I’m not a liar, I guess your calling me a babe?  I do have a sexy curvy figure, but dunno, it is 2022, not sure it’s okay to go there these days.  

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Liarys

In all seriousness, I’m still curious, what were you attempting to do by reaching out to the YT’ers?  Get them to fix it for you?  Get them to make a video about it to get some visibility on the issue?
2022-7-4
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357047 ft
Germany

Scotty11 Posted at 7-4 04:09
No problem here. Maps from Fly Spots and Fly App look the same. Your pics look like uncomplete load due to bad wifi connect.

OK, that´s strange.
Could you please so kind (or gladly also someone else) and open this Address in FlyApp
53.797024221387126,10.142412248279529 (Germany, 23866 Nahe)
https://goo.gl/maps/QFcK4w1Qcx3uNkKdA

This is the result in my FlyApp and I did not have any Wifi Issue for sure

2022-7-4
Use props
HEX 5555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 146644 ft
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 7-4 07:24
Ok, so since I’m not a liar, I guess your calling me a babe?  I do have a sexy curvy figure, but dunno, it is 2022, not sure it’s okay to go there these days.  

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Liarys

Clearly a yank! Having to google our slang words which by the way is miles off lol
2022-7-4
Use props
RobertTM
lvl.1

Romania

My map on DRJ RC remote still don’t came back. For the ones that this problem was resolved did you do something or it was resolved by default?
2022-7-4
Use props
Scotty11
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1178 ft
Germany

RoZis Posted at 7-4 07:56
OK, that´s strange.
Could you please so kind (or gladly also someone else) and open this Address in FlyApp
53.797024221387126,10.142412248279529 (Germany, 23866 Nahe)

I found that the DJI RC indeed uses different maps on the flyspots screen and the fly app. Here around Bonn they use a map i have not seen before. The satellite images were taken at dawn, so there are long shadows of all tall items like trees or buildings. But the image is quite sharp and consistent. Quality is not as good the the flyspot map, but useable. Blurry parts i can not find.
2022-7-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-4 08:01
Clearly a yank! Having to google our slang words which by the way is miles off lol

Oh no, a yank!  I love how you think that is an insult and that the "United States" below my picture in each post didn't give you any help to figure that out.  I'm still not sure why you don't just simply answer the question instead of continuing to try to be a condescending knob.  How's that for some brit slang?

Anyways, I'm done having fun with you.  I guess you are too embarrassed to actually give an answer.  Have a great one!  Happy Independence Day!  Cheers!
2022-7-4
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RobertTM Posted at 7-4 08:13
My map on DRJ RC remote still don’t came back. For the ones that this problem was resolved did you do something or it was resolved by default?

I didn't do anything today, it just worked.  Of course you have to be connected to Wifi with an internet connection for them to work.  But other than that, it just worked today, when yesterday it didn't work at all.  Probably was a server error on their side that the app just responded poorly to yesterday and didn't require any sort of app update.  
2022-7-4
Use props
Mike107
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224291 ft
United States

I flashed my RC Controller with the A2 this morning and have a whole new experience--not good.

The first flight at 10 am had a single several second and self-limiting lag in screen update--couldn't tell if controls were interrupted or not. Video stopped at some time and I didn't notice when. Maps was back.

On my noon flight...

1. Maps function again was present (tested for one location, only), but Locating function on the home screen was faulty and wouldn't update to current location. Location on home screen worked fine when maps did not.

2. Video stopped recording on its own.

3. I experienced severe lag to controls at less than 1000' distance with good signal strengths. The command set started with a zoom command using programmed button/wheel command, followed by some flight controls to see if the Mini 3 Pro was still under my command. Eventually the commands-which must have been buffered somewhere, executed in quick succession without my ability to interrupt them. I next tried to orient the bird and started with bad problem #4 for the 4th...

4. As I was reorienting the Mini 3 Pro to bring it in after a malfunction, the Mini 3 Pro went into RTH mode without warning, any change in screen display, or any audible alert. I let it come as it was heading the correct direction at an appropriate altitude, and I wanted the aircraft down.

5. Some minutes after landing I started receiving updates on the RC controller about low battery, return to home, and the screen (--out of sync and much later than the voice alerts) started showing RTH icons and gave the option to abort. The aircraft was in my hand about then and I wasn't sure if it was going to take off so it could land!

What a tease this sUAS is. The first flight was almost free of enough stress to have reminded me why I bought the M3P--not so much the second one.

Mike
2022-7-4
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

Scotty11 Posted at 7-4 08:17
I found that the DJI RC indeed uses different maps on the flyspots screen and the fly app. Here around Bonn they use a map i have not seen before. The satellite images were taken at dawn, so there are long shadows of all tall items like trees or buildings. But the image is quite sharp and consistent. Quality is not as good the the flyspot map, but useable. Blurry parts i can not find.

Yes exactly, they come from Maptiler / Open Street Map.
The level of detail is not useful around Hamburg, Hamburg would be OK.

Did you try my GPS Location?
2022-7-4
Use props
Scotty11
lvl.3
Germany

RoZis Posted at 7-4 08:35
Yes exactly, they come from Maptiler / Open Street Map.
The level of detail is not useful around Hamburg, Hamburg would be OK.

Now i understand. Opened Nahe on the DJI RC and found as blurry images as the ones you posted here. So that ssems to be a problem with Maptiler. Maybe the resolution gets better over time. Maybe you should inform DJI, maybe they can do something.
2022-7-4
Use props
Scotty11
lvl.3
Germany

If you look at Bad Godesberg Heiderhof you can see sharp images but extremly long shadows, which are quite irritating.
2022-7-4
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

Scotty11 Posted at 7-4 09:01
If you look at Bad Godesberg Heiderhof you can see sharp images but extremly long shadows, which are quite irritating.

True!
I check direct at Maptiler, this is 1:1 what you see in FlyApp
Heiderhof https://www.maptiler.com/maps/#hybrid//vector/15.38/7.152898/50.662489

For the Sat resolution I take a quick screencast, which show the difference between good resolution and useless resolution.
Hopefully DJI read here and can improve the map source in future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYr8tCZCEUQ
2022-7-4
Use props
MySky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

RoZis Posted at 7-4 09:32
True!
Heiderhof https://www.maptiler.com/maps/#hybrid//vector/15.38/7.152898/50.662489

Hallo Nachbar,
Danke für die Location Info.
Stell schon mal das Bier kalt ich komme am Wochende zum Grillen rum.
2022-7-4
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11195374 ft
  • >>>
United States

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 08:06
So who is liable if my drone goes missing as the find my drone no longer works due to their update, me for flying with out it or them for releasing a firmeware that broke it?

That is an easy one Hex.  You are always responsible.  : )
2022-7-4
Use props
Bigplumbs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 7-4 08:28
Oh no, a yank!  I love how you think that is an insult and that the "United States" below my picture in each post didn't give you any help to figure that out.  I'm still not sure why you don't just simply answer the question instead of continuing to try to be a condescending knob.  How's that for some brit slang?

Anyways, I'm done having fun with you.  I guess you are too embarrassed to actually give an answer.  Have a great one!  Happy Independence Day!  Cheers!

What is independence day
2022-7-4
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-4 07:12

You wrote: you liary idiot!
This is quite insulting and not the right way to communicate!
2022-7-5
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 7-4 21:28
What is independence day

Ah yes, my bad!  Say hi to the Queen for me!  

2022-7-5
Use props
pedwards
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5445686 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

What is independence day

It's a 1996 film with Will Smith.
2022-7-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

What is independence day

Is a sci-fi where americans fight with their invented UFO and win by planting a virus in alien ships...
Is something like Russia is invading Ukraine because they realized in their heads that Ukraine did not had a Flu vaccine, so they want to keep man healthy...in their minds...

Anyway, nice movie, nice follow up, deserve to watch it ...
2022-7-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Mike107 Posted at 7-4 08:34
I flashed my RC Controller with the A2 this morning and have a whole new experience--not good.

The first flight at 10 am had a single several second and self-limiting lag in screen update--couldn't tell if controls were interrupted or not. Video stopped at some time and I didn't notice when. Maps was back.

Man, you are between two realities:
1.  You are a pure "not a bit"-technical person and do not know anything you do with that drone.
2.  Your drone is malfunctioning.

So ....choose number 1 or number 2.
2022-7-19
Use props
fansf3575418
New
Flight distance : 79925 ft
Germany

Probleme nach Update 0169    Positiv der Screen friert nicht mehr ein wie bei 0168. aber keine Karte keine RTH Aktualisierung wenn du den Startpunkt verlässt und viel schlimmer die Drohne Landet bei ca 2 min. Restzeit da wo sie grade ist . habe die Einstellmöglichkeit bei zwangsrückkehr nicht finden können oder irgendwie ist diese nicht mehr da also meine landete 300 Meter weg find my Drohne geht nicht da keine Karte . So macht das kein Spass mehr bei der 2er konnte man noch unbeschwert fliegen bei der 3er musst nur noch aufpassen da sie nicht verlohren geht oder gar im Rhein landet.
2022-9-8
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

RoZis Posted at 7-4 09:32
True!

The current map provider is the worst crap I have ever seen.

When looking at my home position I see a satellite image, that must be several years old ... DJI, I'm absolutely shocked !!!
2022-9-8
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Germany

Drone Jockey Posted at 9-8 05:46
The current map provider is the worst crap I have ever seen.

When looking at my home position I see a satellite image, that must be several years old ... DJI, I'm absolutely shocked !!!

Here is your Thread DJ ;)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... d=268644&page=1
2022-9-9
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

RoZis Posted at 9-9 12:26
Here is your Thread DJ ;)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=268644&page=1

Yeah, right, thanks ... already saw that.

I'm still shocked and angry about this crappy map provider. I hope DJI listens and changes that.

Too bad Google drastically raised prices for their Maps.

2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_DTrlpbdFzS5Q
New

Thailand

HEX 5555 Posted at 7-3 06:56
Mysky if you look in the networks on the RC controller do you see your drone as i can but says wrong password under it, i didnt even set a password for it lol

Set up the account using a computer not a phone.  
2022-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules