12Next >
4079 53 2015-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

A big thank you DJI!! You guys really pulled it together, Wow.
I have only delved into the new app briefly, but from what I can see, pretty Awesome.
I think it's great that we can connect directly to the forum, from within the app. That was a smart decision.

I look forward to updating my firmware next. Thank you, the wait was very well worth it...
Can't wait to see what other welcomed surprises you have in store for us.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-3
Use props
sploodge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

True. Its much nicer.. Compliments the firmware.. Also "Autopilot" ( the app ) have said they are waiting for the firmware before releasing theit app.. Maybe a good week
2015-8-3
Use props
gnemie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374678 ft
United Kingdom

but no Simulator ?
2015-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yes, but it's kind of hidden. From the Home Page,
Click the ? In the top right corner for that part of the menu...

I had the same thought, until I did a bit of poking around... ;-)

Enjoy the new App and FirmWare upgrades.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-4
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Yes finally DJI made peace with everyone! And hopefully the whining stops.
2015-8-4
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-8-5 01:09

Nope....No Android yet.
2015-8-4
Use props
Trilithon
lvl.2

United States

Must ... resist ... avatar ... distraction.....
2015-8-4
Use props
dansonamission
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469508 ft
United Kingdom

The iPhone version is always in portrait mode unless your in camera view. Painful when the phone is on the RC with its sun hood on.
2015-8-4
Use props
tannar86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1712044 ft
Estonia

waiting App for android...............
2015-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hahaha, you few Android hold outs. Don't know what your missing in the iOS version. The SIM for one...
If you have the cash, You could buy an IPad Air 2, and see how awesome they are.
And then return it, anytime in the first two weeks, for a full refund, if unhappy. ;-)
I was satisfied when the new Pilot App was released, only a few short weeks ago, and now the awesome Go App. Even more excited.
No wonder it took 6 weeks to perfect this new environment. I love the new look, and it seems much more stable, from my short time after updating to the new App and FirmWare.
I did the Phanton and then my RC. it feels good to have the latest and greatest.
Being in the majority, of owners who experienced no negative issues. Including VPS.

I feel very confident moving forward with this latest iteration. I was surprised they changed the name though.
Perhaps this new face, and moving forward, all those with previous issues can now fly with more confident thinking.
I certainly hope so. Hopeful the Android users get their updates soon as well. Shouldn't be long now.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-4
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

Me think that haters will keep on hating...
2015-8-4
Use props
ultimatepump
lvl.2

United States

Android please!
2015-8-4
Use props
sharper4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 767379 ft
United States

Am I missing the ability to grab 10 second clips and create videos in the Director like before?  Looks like it just takes the first 10 seconds of each video and adds them to a template.  I still use the director application for videos because my PC at home is dog slow and too choppy to handle video.  Until I get a new one, this is all I got!
2015-8-4
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

I considered android and I know android is a fragmented market it's hard to develop an app that would be 100 percent working for everyone, but give DJI the benefit of trying to improve there platform as they deliver every time but the key is patience. I for one of maybe the few who had no major problems I am soooo freaking excited to go home today from work and update my baby phantom and start playing!!!
2015-8-4
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Trilithon Posted at 2015-8-5 01:43
Must ... resist ... avatar ... distraction.....

Lol I put it for a reason lol, distracting potential flamers as I can burn the house down too lol
2015-8-4
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-5 02:02
Hahaha, you few Android hold outs. Don't know what your missing in the iOS version. The SIM for one. ...

I dont care how good the app is on iOS is am not giving Apple a penny of my hard earned cash - Adam
2015-8-4
Use props
phillbarnes9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 40367 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Trouble with the new App. is that it's not possible to run two phantom 3's. I have two, one standard Advance and another with a broken camera, to which I installed the 4K camera making it a PRO   Which to choose. Too much thinking, my brain hurts  
2015-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Yeah, I've no idea how to run two Phantom's on one app.
You may have to contact the mods. Give Autumn a shout, or Tahoe Ed...
& blade_strike would also know...
Interesting dilemma, I can only wish I had your problem... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-8-4
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-5 06:24
You may have to contact the mods. Give Autum ...

Mine keeps a record of both P3's on the same app , it can even show the flight logs separately or combined into the same log, the app separates the 2 by the name given when you first connect a new P3
2015-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Oh, well yeah that makes sense.

I know several Phantom Pilots also have Inspire 1 at their disposal,
so there would need to be a differentiation between the serveral models, and types as well.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-4
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-8-5 06:24
You may have to contact the mods. Give Autum ...

Hello there,
When you register a Phantom or two or an Inspire or any combination of birds using the app they all get added to you pilot app or go app on the records page...pilot record...aircraft record...you and all your birds records will be there...when you go back and forth between pilot and bird witch ever bird or sUAS  was used on that flight will host that record the name you use and serial number are used for identification...!!! ;-)
2015-8-4
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

I have thought about trying the I "stuff". My wife has an iPad air for work but I just can't really justify buying into it. The closed sourcing drives me nuts! I do applaud their willingness to release on 2 platforms as I imagine that is a "ITA" for them.
Is it sad that I might not be able to sleep tonight from the excitement of updating my quad and getting vps back working tomorrow?
2015-8-4
Use props
mdazel
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1140725 ft
United States

phillbarnes9@gm Posted at 2015-8-5 06:05
Trouble with the new App. is that it's not possible to run two phantom 3's. I have two, one standard ...

Hello there,
read my post to...RedHotPoker
2015-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Thanks for the info. It's good to hear it from someone who's experienced with this level of DJI multi model ownership.

RedHotPoker
2015-8-4
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

so whats new in this? is it a replacment for the pilot app? what cool features deos this have? Any autopilot yet?
2015-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

No, sorry no POI, auto pilot or follow me...
But several bugs were eradicated. And there are a couple cool new features,
Of which I haven't tried yet. I just finished updating my four batteries as well.

It's good to know, that I'm good to go... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2015-8-4
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

Tried it tonight I turn on the vps at last solid flight,,,,thanks dji
2015-8-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Apparently, they say the waypoints, and follow me are still coming, in a future firmware upgrade...
Is that in another two months, or sooner, I am wondering?

I really Hope to get out for a bit today, and try this new Phantom out. See how it feels and reacts.

RedHotPoker

2015-8-5
Use props
rzade
lvl.1

United States

No excitement here! I am one of those who feel Apple is a money grabbing monopoly and have no interest in supporting their exclusivist policies. Question-- DJI only released the new firmware when they had a new product to release with it. IMO it wasn't done for the owners of current products. It was done to sell the new product!  Another thing that miffs me is they are blatantly advertising in their video that the new standard edition has the features that we have all been waiting for when it is apparent that they don't yet exist! Why are companies allowed to get away with this??? and why are we giving them kudos for releasing half of a product. They imply that it is ready to fly out of the box with all these features even though we all know that it may be weeks, months, or never.  It is obvious that they are only interested in selling an incomplete product, not creating or supporting a superior product.
2015-8-5
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

rzade@hotmail.c Posted at 2015-8-6 04:37
No excitement here! I am one of those who feel Apple is a money grabbing monopoly and have no intere ...

rzade, I guess you could say you are a "glass half empty" sort of guy.
2015-8-5
Use props
motoscoddie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 702 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I kind of agree with rzade.

It is poor form to make buyers have to go out and buy an expensive add on (new phone or tablet - ostensibly from iApple) when the Phantom is advertised as ready-to-fly. Or touted as having numerous features which simply aren't available for all their customers.

As I have said a few times in this forum, the app needs to be stripped down and simplified so it will run on a wider variety of devices. All the "gravy" should be made into separate apps. I can't believe anyone would think that including access to this forum through the app is a great idea (use the browser)! Or that video editing needs to be integrated as opposed to a separate app for those who need or want it. I certainly have no need for it, so don't even want it on my tablet. As for the simulator; separate app. The main Pilot/Go app needs to just provide the core features for FLYING the Phantom. And we should be able to BYO whatever device we choose to run it and fly.
2015-8-5
Use props
lvl.4

United States

One thing I'd like to see or maybe someone can tell me how.  I'd like to get into the pilot app with the phantom not connected.  Seems you can only access it if the phantom is on.   I often like to check settings
2015-8-5
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

No Android   software = not good. I should not have to go out and buy a $500 MAC POS to fly my $1200 quad.  When I bought it it said compatible with a certain android software that's it.  I chatted with support this morning  about a video issue and all they could do is copy and paste from this website. No real answers.  
2015-8-5
Use props
L8again
lvl.3

Canada

lb11778 Posted at 2015-8-6 06:25
No Android   software = not good. I should not have to go out and buy a $500 MAC POS to fly my $1200 ...

You can fly it! Do the update and fly. You are just stuck with the same pilot app for the time being.
2015-8-5
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

L8again Posted at 2015-8-6 06:58
You can fly it! Do the update and fly. You are just stuck with the same pilot app for the time bei ...

I know,  i was able to fly it without the video feed.  I've been flying Rc airplanes on and off for the last 18 years so the video feed is just a nice to have.
2015-8-5
Use props
mikedaniels
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48986 ft
United States

Where do I find the flight graphic play back to review my flight path & speeds?
2015-8-5
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Adamation Posted at 2015-8-5 05:53
I dont care how good the app is on iOS is am not giving Apple a penny of my hard earned cash - Ada ...

Silly attitude
2015-8-5
Use props
mswall
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

I used to have an Android....  But I recovered.
2015-8-5
Use props
rzade
lvl.1

United States

Not a silly attitude at all. When you advertise a product and ask a thousand dollars for it the buying public has a right to expect it to be market ready when you release it! If I was to market a new space age computer that "is better than brand X" and only deliver the hardware and no operating system just how long would I stay in business? If you engineer a product like this and advertise all these functions it is fraud when you release a product that does not have the advertised functions and sell it as the complete product and leave it to the buyers to discover that you lied and cannot deliver until some unknown date if ever.
2015-8-8
Use props
toddf.perkins
lvl.3

United States

I like the go app as well. Very stable in iOS
2015-8-8
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules