Custom Stick Settings (RC controller)
7449 14 2022-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Handi
lvl.1
Germany

How can I change the ascend/descend directions of (left) joystick in custom mode? I would like to have it heli-like (pull for ascending, push for descending). This was possible with my Mavic Pro Platinum. At the moment only moving functions from one joystick positions to the other seems possible.

2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Handi. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The control sticks control the DJI Mini 3 Pro's orientation ( Pan ), forward and backward movement ( Pitch ), altitude ( Throttle ) and left/right movement ( Roll ). The control stick mode determines the function of each control stick movement. Three preprogrammed modes ( Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3 ) are available and custom modes can be configured in the DJI Fly application. Just a reminder that the default mode is Mode 2. Thank you.

2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-3 19:41
Hello there Handi. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The control sticks control the DJI Mini 3 Pro's orientation ( Pan ), forward and backward movement ( Pitch ), altitude ( Throttle ) and left/right movement ( Roll ). The control stick mode determines the function of each control stick movement. Three preprogrammed modes ( Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3 ) are available and custom modes can be configured in the DJI Fly application. Just a reminder that the default mode is Mode 2. Thank you.

[view_image]

You didn't understand the question, or even give the correct answer just copy and paste the wrong thing from the manual. When will DJI fix this simple problem. The older drones never had this silly limitation.
2022-12-3
Use props
djiuser_ZylqhhelaPOE
New
Belgium

djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly Posted at 12-3 01:13
You didn't understand the question, or even give the correct answer just copy and paste the wrong thing from the manual. When will DJI fix this simple problem. The older drones never had this silly limitation.

I need exactly the same adaptation.. Why is this not possible ???   MODE 2 with decent and ascend reversed !!    I've been flying RC helicopters and drones like this for years...   IT's muscle memory.

PLEASE FIX IT ASAP
2022-12-18
Use props
Bruinbear
lvl.1
United States

+1 on this.  I believe it is already possible when controlling via an ios device.  But the RC and androids are left out in the cold. =(
2022-12-18
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

I wish the modes would stay, when you turn the thing off. I've given up and just use standard mode. I'm always pulling sticks the wrong way. I crashed my M3P on the 3rd flight, because I thought right forward was up. I'll never get it right.
2022-12-18
Use props
JamesDory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19948 ft
Vietnam

I am a fan game of Play Station and Nidento Switch. I got used to control everything with Game Controller stick which Left Stick is moving forward/backward/turn left/turn right. So I will pick up Mode 3. It's all about muscle habbits. There is not any the best mode with Drone controller.
- If you are a gamer or at least you play game a lot. Mode 3 should be your choose.
- But in Mode3: You can not do Ascent + pan around. So if you want to Fly-up and pan drone around itself, switch to Mode 1.
I am not using Mode 2 because most modern games the moveming is on the left stick.
2023-2-13
Use props
digibud
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7820246 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_rEMzHYx8kOly Posted at 2022-12-3 01:13

Sometimes..quite often...DJI's responses here seem to entirely ignore the question and give some generic answer to something else entirely. The correct answer is "sorry, you can't do that" (as far as I know). You have three options for controls and once you choose one of them you can't simply swap the direction of one of the control movements. (assuming I am correct...). That's all DJI had to say but nooooo....
2023-8-4
Use props
LaurenOE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 969452 ft
  • >>>
United States

I like to fly with the left stick as forward is down, and back is up.
I've been flying drones for close to 10 years and this is how my muscle/brain works.
I just got a Mini 4 Pro, with the RC2 - and I can't configure my sticks to make this happen?
Even in custom, it doesn't work, as I can't change the reverse the up/down forward/backward.
I have NEVER had a problem doing this all the way back to the Phantom 3.
This has got to be a bug.
When will this be fixed?
Is there a work around?

Lauren
2023-11-8
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've struggled with this for nearly a year, then someone suggested that I can have the left stick make the drone climb by pulling back and descend by pushing forward in the custom setting mode. However, the yaw control will now be reversed(it's the lesser of two evils for me).
DJI, please include a Mode 4 where the left stick functions as it does on an aircraft ie., push forwards to descend, and pull back to climb. Leave the rest as it is. Thank you.
2023-11-8
Use props
djiuser_Syw9QkdPxWKB
New
United States

Just bought a DJI Rc to simplify use and not always have to deal w using an iPad and keeping it charged . The tablet photo is how I'm comfortable with controls and was able to set it up using iPad. On the DJI rc software I can not switch turn left and turn right on right stick (controller photo).why would I want to turn left by pushing right? It makes no sense to have this limitation. Apparently I'll be returning the DJI rc controller if there is no fix for this.
PXL_20240115_002512763.MP.jpg
PXL_20240124_035135488.MP~2.jpg
1-23 20:18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_Syw9QkdPxWKB Posted at 1-23 20:18
Just bought a DJI Rc to simplify use and not always have to deal w using an iPad and keeping it charged . The tablet photo is how I'm comfortable with controls and was able to set it up using iPad. On the DJI rc software I can not switch turn left and turn right on right stick (controller photo).why would I want to turn left by pushing right? It makes no sense to have this limitation. Apparently I'll be returning the DJI rc controller if there is no fix for this.

Hello, there. We're sorry for the trouble that may have caused you. We will check this situation with our relevant for further confirmation.
1-26 03:53
Use props
Blarp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 52733 ft
Netherlands

This is an ongoing problem. GJI will give a std answer (which they probably have under a function button), but nothing happens.
In an android system (like the RC with built-in screen) the custom setting will not help. DJI does not seem to understand this.
I got fed up by it, and changed it in hardware. (I fly model airplanes, pull = up)
If you are not afraid of soldering irons and loosing guarantee, it is not very hard. Foto shows situation after the mod.

1-26 04:50
Use props
djiuser_kuaydO0nAbpN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202982 ft

Switzerland

Just bought a DJI Rc to simplify use and not always have to deal w using an iPad and keeping it charged . The tablet photo is how I'm comfortable with controls and was able to set it up using iPad. On the DJI rc software I can not switch turn left and turn right on right stick (controller photo).why would I want to turn left by pushing right? It makes no sense to have this limitation. Apparently I'll be returning the DJI rc controller if there is no fix for this.

Thanks. I understand now

1-26 06:00
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Just bought a DJI Rc to simplify use and not always have to deal w using an iPad and keeping it charged . The tablet photo is how I'm comfortable with controls and was able to set it up using iPad. On the DJI rc software I can not switch turn left and turn right on right stick (controller photo).why would I want to turn left by pushing right? It makes no sense to have this limitation. Apparently I'll be returning the DJI rc controller if there is no fix for this.

Update: Our corresponding team concluded that currently, this setup can't achieved due to Android platform limitations. Thank you for your understanding.
1-30 23:37
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules