Is the drones in Canada starting in CE mode fixable via firmware?
1979 16 2022-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 717218 ft
Canada

I just need to know if this is something that is able to be fixed via a firmware update or if I should just return the drone?

I don't want to be stuck with a faulty drone and then later have it replaced with a refurbished (not new) drone by DJI

So does anyone know/think this issue is fixable via firmware or is it likely a hardware issue?

2022-7-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

likely in the future, a refurbished drone from dji will be a better drone than the nib drone you bought today.

almost for sure.
2022-7-3
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

The Saint Posted at 7-3 11:06
likely in the future, a refurbished drone from dji will be a better drone than the nib drone you bought today.

almost for sure.

In what way? A refurbished drone is refurbished because it had an issue

I don't want to pay new money for used product.
2022-7-3
Use props
Meuhbat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 225210 ft
France

I think he's saying that later models may have hardware fixes to issues encountered in early models, but that's not always the case, sometimes later models have reduced manufacturing costs and are no better than the early ones
Anyway, if the hardware is capable of FCC power output there is no reason they cannot fix this by firmware. Maybe they are taking extra precautions not to enable FCC in CE regions, and that causes the issue for you if the power level cannot be changed "hot" once the drone is setup for a flight.
2022-7-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mkdp.photos Posted at 7-3 11:06

i can't explain it; it's just true.  take my word for it.
2022-7-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

mkdp.photos Posted at 7-3 11:06

You signed up for that. Can you point to one refurbished drone of any kind on this forum that is a Refurb and it’s causing a problem? I think you’ll find that almost impossible to do. But asking here on the forum what’s going to happen in the future is not going to garner a guarantee. So maybe you should be talking to dji directly .
2022-7-3
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237953 ft
Canada

The Saint Posted at 7-3 11:06

almost for sure.
I totally disagree.

Unless there is hardware revision, and you know that the refurbished drone has the updated hardware. This is not a given - it's a refurbished product after all, they can give you original hardware revision refurbished product as a replacement.

And for drones - crashed drones are pretty common unlike other electronic products.
I definitely prefer a new drone over a fixed previously crashed refurbished drone.
2022-7-3
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Canada

I have no problem with FCC/CE mode so far in Canada after this update.
No signal issues for me either, before or after this current update.
2022-7-3
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

nosnoop Posted at 7-3 13:44
I have no problem with FCC/CE mode so far in Canada after this update.
No signal issues for me either, before or after this current update.

what part of Canada are you in? And when did you get your drone?
2022-7-3
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Canada

mkdp.photos Posted at 7-3 13:57
what part of Canada are you in? And when did you get your drone?

GTA, Ontario.
The drone was shipped out end of May.
2022-7-3
Use props
mkdp.photos
lvl.2
Canada

nosnoop Posted at 7-3 14:06
GTA, Ontario.
The drone was shipped out end of May.

hmm weird

I'm also in the GTA, had my drone here early June, and this patch did nothing, the drone still 9 times out of 10 starts in CE mode and has bad signal
2022-7-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

just wanted to give everyone an idea what goes on in america and in particular with some refurbishment and repair operations.  obvious this has nothing to do with dji refurbs but i thought this video would be appropriate to share to those who look down on anything outside of the beloved chinese factory and believe north americans are doing nothing more over here than bandaging up crashed or destroyed equipment and trying to sell crap as decent.  it's not a given, there is no guarantee but it is probable and highly likely a refurb (when done right) is better, more reliable, and more cost effective than the new drone that was launched (years ago).  i get it; i am aware that people love "new" stuff and hate anything that isn't shiny and never been used but please take the time to get educated on why things might be different in 2022.  if you get a chance to tour a refurb center, take an hour or two and increase your awareness and understanding.  i would also encourage people to take factory tours as well.  ultimately it's your choice but here's a video i found on yt to help you get started; no endorsement, has nothing to do with me, for your enjoyment; ymmv:  
2022-7-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

so yeah i would keep the drone and if you need to turn it in for a dji refurb later on down the road, no worries.  i heard dji refurbs are excellent!
2022-7-3
Use props
nosnoop
lvl.4
Canada

The Saint Posted at 7-3 14:48
just wanted to give everyone an idea what goes on in america and in particular with some refurbishment and repair operations.  obvious this has nothing to do with dji refurbs but i thought this video would be appropriate to share to those who look down on anything outside of the beloved chinese factory and believe americans are doing nothing more over here than bandaging up crashed or destroyed equipment and trying to sell crap as decent.  it's not a given, there is no guarantee but it is probable and highly likely a refurb (when done right) is better, more reliable, and more cost effective than the new drone that was launched (years ago).  i get it; i am aware that people love "new" stuff and hate anything that isn't shiny and never been used but please take the time to get educated on why things might be different in 2022.  if you get a chance to tour a refurb center, take an hour or two and increase your awareness and understanding.  i would also encourage people to take factory tours as well.  ultimately it's your choice but here's a video i found on yt to help you get started; no endorsement, has nothing to do with me, for your enjoyment; ymmv:  

Not all refurbished products are the same.
There is no industry standard.

For example, I have no issue at all with Apple Refurbished products, and I have no hesitation in buying one at a reduced price.   They are as good as new.   So this is not about workmanship in whichever countries.
OTOH, Dyson refurbished products is like rolling a dice.   If you are lucky, you may receive one practically brand new.   Or you may receive one obviously used with scratch marks and old battery.

I am not familiar with DJI refurbishment procedure, and not willing to take a gamble.   After watching that video, I still prefer new.

2022-7-3
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 7-3 14:48
just wanted to give everyone an idea what goes on in america and in particular with some refurbishment and repair operations.  obvious this has nothing to do with dji refurbs but i thought this video would be appropriate to share to those who look down on anything outside of the beloved chinese factory and believe americans are doing nothing more over here than bandaging up crashed or destroyed equipment and trying to sell crap as decent.  it's not a given, there is no guarantee but it is probable and highly likely a refurb (when done right) is better, more reliable, and more cost effective than the new drone that was launched (years ago).  i get it; i am aware that people love "new" stuff and hate anything that isn't shiny and never been used but please take the time to get educated on why things might be different in 2022.  if you get a chance to tour a refurb center, take an hour or two and increase your awareness and understanding.  i would also encourage people to take factory tours as well.  ultimately it's your choice but here's a video i found on yt to help you get started; no endorsement, has nothing to do with me, for your enjoyment; ymmv:  https://youtu.be/Id6LqaBdvM4

Interesting video for sure.  Thanks for sharing.
2022-7-4
Use props
M J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2126677 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I also have FCC to CE mode problem in GTA/ON
2022-7-4
Use props
djiuser_SbW6nc7XCZbQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29190 ft

Canada

Lmao i also have the same issue in Ontario.
DJI avata though.

Is Ontario secretly European
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules