When is Auxiliary Bottom Light used?
2330 12 2022-7-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
High View
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122113 ft
United States

When is Auxiliary Bottom Light used-on the air 2s?
2022-7-3
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

I was practicing in bright sunlight when I noticed the light was on.  I'm using the smart controller.  Does the SM arrive with one of the customizable buttons set to turn the light on?
2022-7-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If theAir 2s behaves like the M2P/Z, any time the drone thinks the area beneath the drone is too dark. Too dark presumably means for the VPS to work unaided.

However, and again if the Air 2s behaves like the M2P/Z, it can be manually switched off and on etc.. You may also be able to set 1? of the customisable buttons on the controller to do the switching, I have C2 so set. I can't remember the order but it cycles through off, on, automatic.

2022-7-3
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 7-3 11:37
If theAir 2s behaves like the M2P/Z, any time the drone thinks the area beneath the drone is too dark. Too dark presumably means for the VPS to work unaided.

However, and again if the Air 2s behaves like the M2P/Z, it can be manually switched off and on etc.. You may also be able to set 1? of the customisable buttons on the controller to do the switching, I have C2 so set. I can't remember the order but it cycles through off, on, automatic.

Thanks for the speedy reply.  Once I have a chance to fly again, I'll test the buttons.
2022-7-3
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

High View Posted at 7-3 12:13
Thanks for the speedy reply.  Once I have a chance to fly again, I'll test the buttons.

With everything connected and powered up look in the app menus first. I can't tell you where to look and the M2P/Z uses the Go4 app and there is no bottom light on the Mini 2.
2022-7-3
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there High View. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Air 2S Auxiliary Bottom Light located on the underside of the DJI Air 2S improves visibility for the Downward Vision System in weak light conditions. In addition, the Auxiliary Bottom Light can be set in the DJI Fly application. If set to Auto, it is automatically enables when the environment light is weak . Kindly please note that the Vision System cameras performance may be affected when the Auxiliary Bottom Light is enabled. Thank you.
2022-7-3
Use props
High View
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-3 20:02
Hello there High View. Good day and thank you for reaching out. The DJI Air 2S Auxiliary Bottom Light located on the underside of the DJI Air 2S improves visibility for the Downward Vision System in weak light conditions. In addition, the Auxiliary Bottom Light can be set in the DJI Fly application. If set to Auto, it is automatically enables when the environment light is weak . Kindly please note that the Vision System cameras performance may be affected when the Auxiliary Bottom Light is enabled. Thank you.

Thanks.  I was able to fly yesterday and was able to turn light on and off.
It is too easy to hit that button when gripping the SC.
2022-7-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

High View Posted at 7-5 07:43
Thanks.  I was able to fly yesterday and was able to turn light on and off.
It is too easy to hit that button when gripping the SC.

Hi there High View. Thank you for the reply and for these information. If you have any other inquiries or any other concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-7-6
Use props
fans31062749
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-6 22:27
Hi there High View. Thank you for the reply and for these information. If you have any other inquiries or any other concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.

I have the Air 2S with the Smart Controller.  It came, or FLY software was upgraded during flight prep, so that the C1 button controls the auxiliary light underneath.  However, I am unsure as to just how to push the C1 in order to turn it on or off.  Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how does one truly go about the correct button push to control that light?
2022-7-7
Use props
Curt Corbi
lvl.1

United States

High View Posted at 2022-7-3 11:28
I was practicing in bright sunlight when I noticed the light was on.  I'm using the smart controller.  Does the SM arrive with one of the customizable buttons set to turn the light on?
Air 2s ControllerDouble press button #6 to toggle landing light

2023-9-30
Use props
Curt Corbi
lvl.1

United States

fans31062749 Posted at 2022-7-7 16:44
I have the Air 2S with the Smart Controller.  It came, or FLY software was upgraded during flight prep, so that the C1 button controls the auxiliary light underneath.  However, I am unsure as to just how to push the C1 in order to turn it on or off.  Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how does one truly go about the correct button push to control that light?

It's a double-press toggle
2023-9-30
Use props
Curt Corbi
lvl.1

United States

fans31062749 Posted at 2022-7-7 16:44
I have the Air 2S with the Smart Controller.  It came, or FLY software was upgraded during flight prep, so that the C1 button controls the auxiliary light underneath.  However, I am unsure as to just how to push the C1 in order to turn it on or off.  Perhaps this is a stupid question, but how does one truly go about the correct button push to control that light?

Button #6 - Double Press to toggle on or off

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/l46krg7e9inheg1umrrey/Controller.jpg?rlkey=zl27knnbgazy3l6s4uc328jxa&dl=0

2023-9-30
Use props
Curt Corbi
lvl.1

United States

LOL, How do you delete a post???

2023-9-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules