Firmware 1.3.20 - DJI Go 2.0.0 App Discussion Thread
29845 296 2015-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

Airworks.dk Posted at 2015-8-4 18:35
There may be an error in the newly changed firmware update manual?
According to the manual, when air ...

It absolutely stops blinking. If it's not stopped and gone solid green it's NOT finished
2015-8-4
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 19:25
Im not holding my breath. For some reason they have also put links to go back as far as  1.1.9. That ...

This is not correct
2015-8-4
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

kgjamison Posted at 2015-8-4 21:09
Thanks for the instructions! Question, I did not do the last update. Should I update the contoller ...

Just jump to this one..
2015-8-4
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 20:41
You cannot stop people having issues.. The rollback is an option. A good one IMO.

Flying away un-c ...

Agreed fly away I don't believe occur users see things including RTH unexpected panic and cry fly away and then some are just here to whinge
2015-8-4
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 20:41
You cannot stop people having issues.. The rollback is an option. A good one IMO.

Flying away un-c ...

Agreed fly away I don't believe occur users see things including RTH unexpected panic and cry fly away and then some are just here to whinge
2015-8-4
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

update went smooth for me. remember to turn off your RC when updating. and update the bird first.
2015-8-4
Use props
tannar86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1712044 ft
Estonia

All good for me, but still waiting that android  upgrade...
no flying till new android upgrade coming out, because RC dont connect with APP
2015-8-4
Use props
apocnz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 106588 ft
  • >>>
Australia

tannar86 Posted at 2015-8-4 21:43
All good for me, but still waiting that android  upgrade...
no flying till new android upgrade comin ...

I don't think the android app would prevent connection.

Having USB Debug disabled would... or a faulty usb cable (easy to test)
2015-8-4
Use props
nicwilson
lvl.2

Australia

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 21:54
Just wondering: You seem to know quite a lot. How would you explain a Phantom 3, calibrated IMU an ...

Your comments on firmware  you seem to to want to stay with firmware with known bugs instead of updating you seem to ask for everything you get.  What interference checks do you do before flights, what pre flight checks do you do? Why did you calibrate IMU?
2015-8-4
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

So are we going to have a 2 min. hate for this new firmware... ?
2015-8-4
Use props
axidify
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2867146 ft
Malaysia

Tested the bird and app out in the dark of night. Everything went smooth as butter. Didnt even have to so gimbal,imu or compass calibrations. Everything just works or at least for the time being.
Fingers crossed
2015-8-4
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

so if we have android, it seems we have to wait to up grade until the DJI GO is available.  Is this correct?
2015-8-4
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

There is a new option under advanced setting : "Smart Go Home" (On/Off option). I'm now pretty sure this setting was not in DJI Pilot app. Anybody knows what to do with this ?
2015-8-4
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

long@msu.edu Posted at 2015-8-4 22:40
so if we have android, it seems we have to wait to up grade until the DJI GO is available.  Is this  ...

Not unless you buy an apple product...
2015-8-4
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

sorry if this comes out as a repeat post as I don't see my previous on.  The question is can we upgrade if we use Android since the DJI Go is not out yet for Android.

dave
2015-8-4
Use props
chrisshe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 20:37
Battery update is quick, less then a minute. The TXT files indicate the result. You will see the l ...

I updated the firmware to the craft, checked the .TXT, result = success
I updated the firmware to the RC, checked the .TXT, result = success
I upgraded to the latest DJI GO

But when I start up the craft, I get loud, annoying beeps. The GO app shows connected to GPS and shows a camera image, but the beeps don't stop. I let it go for 3 minutes.

I tried another battery with the same result.

I'm checking for beeping definitions in the latest rev of the user manual now, but am not finding anything.

Edit: from searching the internet, it now seems like a stopped the firmware process early, but I swear that I a) waited patiently for all the blinking to stop and b) checked the TXT file for success. I am now allowing the thing to beep away for 10-15 minutes in the basement to see if that resolves the issue.

Edit #2: I put in a card with the newest BIN, turned the craft on, let it beep while I took a shower. When I came out, it was no longer beeping and seemed to be doing a normal firmware flash. But now, about an hour and a half later, it is still blinking (yellow only, rapidly) and making the cranking sound it makes during the upgrade. Any ideas?

Chris

2015-8-4
Use props
tcoleyrn
lvl.2

United States

long@msu.edu Posted at 2015-8-4 22:52
sorry if this comes out as a repeat post as I don't see my previous on.  The question is can we upgr ...

Same question here. I am an Android user...Do we have to wait for the Android version of the DJI GO app to upgrade our P3 OR can we update P3 now and still use DJI Pilot app. There doesn't even appear to be ANY version of an app on DJI's website for android users.
2015-8-4
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

sorry if this comes out as a repeat post as I don't see my previous on.  The question is can we upgr ...

It might tell you when you connect to the P3... I'll let you know if my android device works with the new fireware... doing the cool IMU cal...
2015-8-4
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yes of course you can.
The firmware is independent of the app.
2015-8-4
Use props
DanH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315177 ft
France

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 22:14
Not at all. I am in the middle of the firmware update as we speak. Im not too sure about interfere ...

Didn't you forget to calibrate the RC sticks as well as IMU and compass ?
2015-8-4
Use props
jsfarms69
lvl.1

United States

Just updated the P3A, both extra batteries, and 300B remote. Everything went well.

For the remote that is reported to not needing updated or they cannot here is what happened to me. After updates I turned everything on: RC, P3, then the Pilot App (android). It said the normal upgrade available so I clicked the icon. It went to down load screen and I downloaded update. It then asked to install and I said yes. Now remote is on 1.3.20. But it still says update available in the app? either way the Pilot app connects with the new firmware so may not need DJI GO yet for android. No time to test a flight.
2015-8-4
Use props
kgjamison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460751 ft
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 21:31
Just jump to this one..

Thanks! Much appreciated.
2015-8-4
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

chrisshe Posted at 2015-8-4 22:58
I updated the firmware to the craft, checked the .TXT, result = success
I updated the firmware to  ...

I know what you are saying as I had this issue installing the sdk for ultimate flight.  the beeps are very load but if you listen in the background you will hear the quiet beeps of install and when it goes to the 3 beeps signifying the end the loud sound stops.  Basement also
2015-8-4
Use props
mike_brown
lvl.1

United Kingdom

kevfarthing Posted at 2015-8-4 23:17
Cheers Dan. Never to old to stop learning!! Its actually easier to fly a real aircraft than it is  ...

As an old PPL myself don't forget that the software is YOU and by improving  your skills and ratings you are in effect upgrading your firmware lol.
2015-8-4
Use props
Kotaix 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 932228 ft
  • >>>
Chile

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 16:02
Hovering is steady too.. Baro readings seem accurate again..

Hi, and what about the video lags? Is it fluid now again?
regards
2015-8-4
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 17:01
How to Update the Firmware
Follow the process described below to upgrade the aircraft, remote contro ...

Great piece, thanks very much for taking the time to post.  Roll on Sunday, hope the weather is fine!
2015-8-4
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 17:59
Always advisable.. IMU, Gimbal ( both on level surface with cool Phantom ) and Compass ( in the re ...

These re-calibrations, it says the device needs to be on a totally flat surface, I assume by definition that means indoors, table top, as opposed to outdoors on a field or car park?  Dumb question?   
2015-8-4
Use props
paul.roebuck
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sploodge Posted at 2015-8-4 19:47
Because some people will ALWAYS think there is a problem that the firmware caused/is causing. Most  ...

I think the roll back is just good practice for future - it may never be needed, but its now in the software forever so futures releases will be able to respect a roll back if needed.  It become a hot forum topic recently and therefore DJI have merely reposted to customer needs.  They can't do right for doing wring if people are whitening about going back to 1.9.  

Great piece
2015-8-4
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

outside or inside doesn't matter. The most important thing is to perform the calibrations on a perfect level surface.
2015-8-4
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-8-4 23:01
It might tell you when you connect to the P3... I'll let you know if my android device works with  ...

Great can't wait to hear.

This is what confuses me from a previous post:  "Ensure the DJI GO app has been updated to v1.2.0 before updating the remote controller. The System Status bar in Camera View of the
DJI GO App will flash several times if a firmware update is available. Follow these steps to update the firmware via the DJI GO App."
2015-8-4
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
United States

Kotaix 1 Posted at 2015-8-4 23:45
Hi, and what about the video lags? Is it fluid now again?
regards

It seem fine and a tad better. Then again I was only seeing issues when I was out 4000 feet plus... I didn't got that far today
2015-8-4
Use props
Not A Speck Of
lvl.4
Flight distance : 666493 ft
United States

long@msu.edu Posted at 2015-8-4 23:42
I know what you are saying as I had this issue installing the sdk for ultimate flight.  the beeps  ...

But now it's doing this (pasted from my original post):

I put in a card with the newest BIN, turned the craft on, let it beep while I took a shower. When I came out, it was no longer beeping and seemed to be doing a normal firmware flash. But now, about an hour and a half later, it is still blinking (yellow only, rapidly) and making the cranking sound it makes during the upgrade. Any ideas?
Edit: never mind. When I finally turned it off, checked the TXT for success, then turned it back on, it worked. BUT, in light of someone else's comments about this expensive gear, this firmware update came with several unexpected issues like this one, and also including the stopped flashing LEDs when it really wasn't done.

Feature testing, usability testing, and copying editing of release notes are in order.

2015-8-4
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

I'll just wait until the go app is out for android before updating. Hopefully its out by Saturday because I got my sisters wedding to go to and I plan on getting some shots. Don't worry I don't plan on imitating the P3 flying in the church video. This will be after the ceremony so there will be no loud buzzing during the actual wedding.  
2015-8-4
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

Not A Speck Of  Posted at 2015-8-5 01:00
But now it's doing this (pasted from my original post):

I put in a card with the newest BIN, turn ...

what is the beep pattern?
2015-8-4
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-8-5 00:52
It seem fine and a tad better. Then again I was only seeing issues when I was out 4000 feet plus.. ...

just to make sure.  You are running android and using DJI Pilot right?
2015-8-4
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Since Updating my P3P to the latest firmware along with the remote the Android DJI App no longer makes a connection to the RC - Adam
2015-8-4
Use props
dansonamission
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469508 ft
United Kingdom

The iPhone app is now always portrait mode unless your in camera view. Pretty annoying when its on the RC with the sun hood on.
2015-8-4
Use props
james.bruce.pow
lvl.1

United Kingdom

+1 on the annoying orientation of the GO app
2015-8-4
Use props
long
lvl.1
United States

Adamation Posted at 2015-8-5 01:39
Since Updating my P3P to the latest firmware along with the remote the Android DJI App no longer mak ...

did u see post 67?  might this be a P3P thing?
2015-8-4
Use props
miguel.ar.silva
lvl.1

Portugal

Ulysse Posted at 2015-8-4 22:41
There is a new option under advanced setting : "Smart Go Home" (On/Off option). I'm now pretty sure  ...

This is for geting the phantom RTH when the batery change gets to H ( return point ) on app screen.

This means, when the charge in your batery has only the charge to get to Home point, it will activate RTH.

2015-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules